LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2017, 08:59 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Teams: the Toothless Lions
Friendly against the Saudis

13.11.2017, 18:00 CET
Estádio do Restelo, Belenenses

Hubsi signed a new 2-year deal with the Bulgarian Football Union. He said he would follow the continuity approach and called the same old whores for tonight's friendly. A remarkable a-la-Hubchev to keep calling Bodurov who was not good enough for Championship and Danish league Another notable thing: he called only four nominal defenders. It should be fun in Lisboa tonight.

Goalkeepers: Plamen 'the Tiger' Iliev (Astra), Blagoy Makendzhiev (Pirin Blagoevgrad);

Defenders: Anton Nedyalkov (CSKA-Sofia), Nikolay Bodurov (CSKA-Sofia), Alexandar Dyulgerov (CSKA-Sofia), Vasil Bozhikov ("Slovan", Slovakia)

Midfielders and forwards: Martin Raynov (Beroe), Alexandar Tonev (Crotone), Todor Nedelev (Botev Plovdiv), Simeon Slavchev (Lechia Gdansk), Georgi Kostadinov (Maccabi Haifa), Aleksandar Tsvetkov (Cherno more), Georgi Milanov (CSKA Moscow), Ivan Minchev (Slavia Sofia), Mihail Alexandrov (Arsenal Tula), Ivelin Popov (Spartak Moscow), Ivaylo Dimitrov (Slavia Sofia), Spas Delev (Pogon Szczecin), Andrey Galabinov (Genoa)

Well done, Kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2017, 16:38 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

starting lineup announced (4-1-4-1 formation) :

Patso The Tiger Iliev

M. Alexandrov - Bodurov - Bozhikov - Nedyalkov

Slavchev

Nedelev - Kostadinov - Raynov - Popov

Spas Delev

No broadcasting of the game in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian Football Union recommends to follow it on a Saudi stream: https://www.dawriplus.com/match-list...77;-13225.html

Well done, Kitties!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2017, 18:01 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

0-0 at HT. One shot on goal by Kostadinov and a sitter missed by Spas Delev.

Misho Alexandrov clears off the goalline on the most dangerous attack by the Saudis.

Well done, Kitties!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2017, 20:54
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
1-0 win in the end over a WC participant, could be worse.

If your compatriots aren't going to post here, I am, seeing as my mother is from Nis, we're practically family.

Looking at the squad there is some material to work with, I know a while back Slavchev and Chochev were hyped, where is the latter btw? And who are the bigger talents right now?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 08:11 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Hey Krle, the Bulgarian forum is long dead. Don't try to reanimate it.

Nis is a place we often go for the weekend, on our way to Leskovac for some nice pleskavica Next time you are seeing your mom's relatives let me know a few hours in advance and we could have some dunjevaca talking Balkan futbol

As regards our NT, I don't expect significant improvement in the near future. We do have quite a few youth academies, some of them working fairly well and closer to best practices, already producing a decently large base of youth players. Our biggest concern as I see it is that we don't have a single player who is a regular in a big club right now (well, Ivelin Popov is close to that ). WE are simply lacking the last mile to developing players from U16 upwards.

The young generation (mainly U19, who just qualified for the Elite round beating Iceland and the Faroes, playing EURO U19 reigning champs England today) have some promising talent. Worth mentioning are the twin brothers CD Andrea and Petko (already signed with Fiorentina) Hristov. I would also give credit to Georgi Rusev (AM) who plays for the youth team of Elche. Other youth worth a mention are Edison Yordanov (German-born and raised, but has been called for various Bulgo NT), prolific FW Kun Temenujkov (product of La Macia, currently at Leeds)... Keep an eye on Kaloyan Krastev (Slavia Sofia), Stanislav Ivanov from Levski, Svetoslav Kovachev from Ludogorets... Already established are defenders Chorbadjiyski and Nedyalkov (CSKA-Sofia)... These are on top of my head the brightest prospects; I am certainly missing someone.

But Hubchev is inclined to call only established in-form players in the NT. So do not expect any of the ones mentioned to make a break-through in the near future unless they become first choices in their clubs (may be only Chrobadjiyski and Nedyalkov have reached that level currently). May be Antonio Vutov too, but he has to gain more minutes for Levski to achieve that. Hubsi would heavily rely upon the current backbone of the NT for the Nations League if that is your intimate question . That is, Popov - Georgi Kostadiniov - Georgi Milanov - Simeon Slavchev - and crap like Galabinov, Bozhikov, Strahil Popov and Co.

Chochev is at Palermo, doing quite well, but pretended to be injured and did not travel for the game with the Saudis.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 08:36
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Balkans View Post
Hey Krle, the Bulgarian forum is long dead. Don't try to reanimate it.

Nis is a place we often go for the weekend, on our way to Leskovac for some nice pleskavica Next time you are seeing your mom's relatives let me know a few hours in advance and we could have some dunjevaca talking Balkan futbol
We can always try.

Nice to hear you pop in once in a while. I'll be there in a month from now, but for my family's slava and I'll barely have any free time in the 2 and a half days I'm there. Next spring/summer though I'll take you up on that deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Balkans[/quote
As regards our NT, I don't expect significant improvement in the near future. We do have quite a few youth academies, some of them working fairly well and closer to best practices, already producing a decently large base of youth players. Our biggest concern as I see it is that we don't have a single player who is a regular in a big club right now (well, Ivelin Popov is close to that ). WE are simply lacking the last mile to developing players from U16 upwards.

The young generation (mainly U19, who just qualified for the Elite round beating Iceland and the Faroes, playing EURO U19 reigning champs England today) have some promising talent. Worth mentioning are the twin brothers CD Andrea and Petko (already signed with Fiorentina) Hristov. I would also give credit to Georgi Rusev (AM) who plays for the youth team of Elche. Other youth worth a mention are Edison Yordanov (German-born and raised, but has been called for various Bulgo NT), prolific FW Kun Temenujkov (product of La Macia, currently at Leeds)... Keep an eye on Kaloyan Krastev (Slavia Sofia), Stanislav Ivanov from Levski, Svetoslav Kovachev from Ludogorets... Already established are defenders Chorbadjiyski and Nedyalkov (CSKA-Sofia)... These are on top of my head the brightest prospects; I am certainly missing someone.

But Hubchev is inclined to call only established in-form players in the NT. So do not expect any of the ones mentioned to make a break-through in the near future unless they become first choices in their clubs (may be only Chrobadjiyski and Nedyalkov have reached that level currently). May be Antonio Vutov too, but he has to gain more minutes for Levski to achieve that. Hubsi would heavily rely upon the current backbone of the NT for the Nations League if that is your intimate question . That is, Popov - Georgi Kostadiniov - Georgi Milanov - Simeon Slavchev - and crap like Galabinov, Bozhikov, Strahil Popov and Co.

Chochev is at Palermo, doing quite well, but pretended to be injured and did not travel for the game with the Saudis.
Sounds like there is something to work with there. Even if half of them flop, you'll still be able to fill out a core for the next decade or so. I'll try and follow their development over the next years and see who stands out.

In your situation the coach needs to have some balls and just work as many of them in as possible. Shame to hear that's not the case. Balkan coaches tend to be overly cautious, look at us, golden generations are waiting for chokers to retire, just because they are living on reputation that died (abroad) years ago.

EC is a good chance for revival, just qualifying would be a major boost. All depends on the group you get obviously and like you mention there is also the nations league.

Look at the bright side though, you'll always have 1994 where you and the Romanians were my teams and put WWE on the map.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 09:10 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
Nice to hear you pop in once in a while. I'll be there in a month from now, but for my family's slava and I'll barely have any free time in the 2 and a half days I'm there. Next spring/summer though I'll take you up on that deal

Well done, Kitties!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in