BG vs. Denmark. The very important game and the problem about BG NT. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 02:07 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
BG vs. Denmark. The very important game and the problem about BG NT.

Well, the game is after ome hours (around 40) and I want to say you that if we don't beat them I'm gonna eat my shoes right after the game. Then you'll have to help me with the money for the new models, but I think you are good guys. ;

Seriously. This game is very important. The both sides need THE win and the both can get it. The problem is that this one mustn't be Denmark!! This game must be played very well tactically and this is the thing that scares me since the BG NT never hd and never will have any definite style of play. This is not possesion, this is not counter attacks, this is not all-in-defense-catenaccio.... it's that BG styler of play like nothing else on this earth. Ridiculous.
So, I want to say Stoicho to choose his squad without any help from the big bosses. To include these players who deserve to play and not those one who are waiting for some big transfer!! The motivation would come itself, 'cuz the guys feel the big heat under their legs. Blah... blah... blah...

Oh, GOSH!! Our team is so fuKed up that I don't know the starting 11. This is because of the fact that Stoicho makes every game different line ups! Loser. So,, plz, help me with the starting 11!

What do you think about the game?! I think that BG will win it, 'cuz they have to win it, cuz it's so simple to win althought they are not very smart.
Geezee, THIS was everything.... for now.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 03:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Oh come on ... what is the thing you don;'t like in Mladenov so much .. I mean, in today's football the coach is more or less a manager and motivator and not a real coach so to say .. he bearly sees half of the players together for more than 3 days in a row ... And I think Stociho is doing his job quite well ... being N1 2 games before the end and with this players is sth ... I don't care whether it is due to our luck or because some others were stupid .. I am tired of estimating Bg performans (on all fronts !!!) I am tired of our perfekcionaism to be really great, of all the unsatisfaction in this country ... Baj Ganjo does not exist and never did ... we created him in our legends ... we are no better and NO WORSE than any other nation in the world ... including football ... you know what I call that - lack of self believe ...
So, though we have a young team , though both the Cheks and the Danes have much more marure sides we are ahead of them which actually means sth for our qualities ... could not be fully of a football character but who cares ...
The only thing I agree is about the style we use ... but I can't say we don't have one - we do ... and Johan Cruiff perfectly explained in in 1994 - "The organised chaos" ... we invented it why should be ashemd of that ... did the Irish played better against the Dutch ... but they did it (fu(k it !!!) and nooone in Ireland is saying "we were not good enough or we should have played better "
RIGHT?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 03:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
xtc
Is that your mom?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 09:12
Premier Player

Stoicho might not be much of a coach but I think the players also don't respect him enough.
The fact is Bala's word weights more than the one of the coach. This is kinda beneficial remember Maradona and Hagi when they got older.
The second thing is I saw Gonzo in new light I really never imagined he could give 4 goal passes in one game. But this guy already has enough confidense to take the leadership.
Of course Stoicho's got to play him vs Denmark, and I really doubt that.
We'll see
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 18:32 Thread Starter
xtc
International

Bono,
actually I don't understand why do you think that I blame Stoicho, but however, it was really difficult to get my point in the first post.
I just want to say that STOICHO, HE, MUST choose the players, not Bateto, Kakata, Vucata, Plemennika ili BABA MI... vypreki 4e ot neq bi izlqzal mnogo dobar manager!! I am upset of the fact that we have no established starting up and everytime there are many changes.
If you don't know, well, I'll say you - Aleskandrov and Chomakov are OUT of the team for the game vs. Denmark and I am very surprised especially about Chomakov despite his poor performance vs. Malta!!!
Gonzo and MArtin Petrov - this is the best even if Berbatov and Petrov is not bad at all.
And no, bono, this is not my mom. I got the foto from some web of a BG fotograph-woman and actually it was a whole fotogarafic collection and it shows how the human face is changing. This pic shows joy, there were also pics that show surprise, fear, jensko-ligavene, etc etc I like it.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Last edited by xtc; September 4th, 2001 at 18:37.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2001, 18:38 Thread Starter
xtc
International

<----- Veronica.

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Last edited by xtc; September 4th, 2001 at 20:03.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2001, 15:46 Thread Starter
xtc
International

special review for Bono :)

Match review

The BIG expectationS
I really thought that we are going to win the game but it seems that the Danes were on another opinion. I expected Balakov to lead the team to the win and in front Petrov with Gonzo or Berbatov to make the deadly duo and to score the decisive goals... But after that I heard the SHOCKING news that Chomakov and Aleksandrov are out of the team because there is no place for them in the group ( ) The coach Mladenov was very hard in his decision... it seems that he made it without help from the... you know who ( )

What happened actually...

1st half

Very boring first half. Only one two shots from Gonzo and Berbatov if Im not wrong. Stilian Petrov, our soul in our central midfield, made his WORST performance I've ever seen. After the 25th min. Balakov totally disappiered. I expected more from our captain. All players played really bad, but Gonzo didn't get many chances and when he got them, he missed, the same about Berbatov, but this was not their fault. Our defense made stupid mistakes and the Danes could open the game. Im not sure, but I think that there was a situation where the ref. didn't give a penalty for our rivals. In the last 15 minutes there was a rain already and this was a vey good news for the physically strong Danes and naturally bad for our squad who is "filled with technique players".
End Of The Firt Very Boring Half.

2nd half

The pitch is already awful due to the rainy weather and I am in bad mood because I feel that we are not going to win the game. 46' and from a very stupid situation the north Europeans score with the help of their luck and a mistake from our defense and goalkeeper Zdravkov. Here is the time where our rival gets psyhological advantage, our team is very confused and our coach, Mladenov ( ) MUST make changes in the squad!!!... but he doesn't. Mladenov needs 20 minutes to understand that our NT is in need of fresh blood/aid/air. Btw in these 20 minutes Berbatov plays just like Pippo Inzaghi in his worst moments and I think everybody knows what does it mean... just AWFUL, fully DISASTER! And so, here is the time for the changes... be ready... we got a surprise... IN: Martin Petrov and Ianchev... OUT: Stilian Petrov and Georgi Ivanov!$%#?~ What the hell... Gonzo didn't play his best match but nor Berbi made this and when you consider the fact that HE, Berbi, missed many chances you understand that Gonzo had to stay, but NO, Stoicho had sth different in his mind.
Howver, our team is still confused and pathetic, but the end is near and like it or not, the pleyrs must move their asses... from the 65th minute till the end was very tensed - we attack much, but still don't make sth serious except tha last 10 minutes and the Danes, on counters, made folls of our defense. It was a pure luck for us that they didn't score. Btw, in the last 20 minutes our BG players made so much ridiculous misses and I was very sad and very disappointed. Berbatov was the most pathetic player Ive ever seen (but why am I surpised?! ), Petrov made the biggest miss after a mess in front of the Danes line, Svetlio Todorov came on for Milen Petkov and make a beautiful but unforunately unsuccesful shot and of course when you attack with 9 men it is more than obvious that your defense suffer and this is how we got the 2nd goal althought I think that there was AN OBVIOUS offside.

Final thought

I told you that we have no style. I told you that this match must be played very well tactically and with the best people we have. Why Chomakov was sent home? Why was Aleskandrov? In my opinion Stoicho Mladenov is one very average coach who still calls in the BG NT a player who hasn't played football for 4 months and has no club - Predrag Pazin. Best regards, Pazo is great when he is in top form, but this is the NT and if he doesn't have a team he shouldn't be IN. For me Stociho didn't put the right paople on the positions and this was our main problem.
And no, even if we get qualifed for the WC ( ) I still will consider Stoicho Mladenov as a weak coach with no stron character and is very poor when he chooses formation and starting line ups...

'Nuff said!

:depress: :frustrat:

e-bye

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Last edited by xtc; September 6th, 2001 at 15:58.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2001, 16:15
Xtratime Legend

Sorry for you guys- glad for Denmark of course.
Apart from the last 10-15 minutes where you really had us on the heals- I thought Denmark controlled the majority of the match pretty well and tried to apply more pressure. Especially on the wings where I felt your backs were given quite an easy time by the ref. as Groenkjaer and Rommmedahl were being fouled over and over particularly i the first half. Number 8 was the worst for you I think. Gronkjaer toyed with him.

The Danish 1-0 goal was just very, very lucky for us, and just the same with Petrov's late miss (he looked good on the left though).

In the end- qualification is often decided by just a few minutes of luck or unluck- and with a draw sufficient for Denmark in the last game- I think this was our bit of luck for the tournament. We have suffered quite a bit earlier in the campaing like for instance Denmark-Bulgaria in Copenhagen where I think it was Berbatov (?) who made a great finish from a Balakov pass on your only chance in the game in the final minutes.
The same thing happened against Northern Ireland last week, and that's of course just poor- albeit unlucky still considering the chances we managed to waste.

In the end- I can't help but feel that Denmark is a better side than Bulgaria- but last night surely didn't show it. We were without a few impact players, and our depth really isn't good enough to sustain being without especially Martin Joergensen (Udinese) and Thomas Gravesen (Everton) in midfield.

Overall it was a poor match- but the importance of it- and Bulgaria's desperate attacks in the final minutes made it really exciting just the same. I must admit I was really glad that Peter Kjaer was on the mark late in the game. Had he not made that double save- we would have had to rely on a result from the last game, and now it's in our own hands.

Btw- If you manage to beat the Czecks- you will face Croatia in the play-off it seems (I can't believe Denmark will lose against Iceland at home- especially when they have nothing to play for). To bad for you it's not Scotland as they would definately be easier to overcome. Looking at thier current form- you should go there with your heads up. They are far from unbeatable at the moment, but of course it will be very difficult to win in Prague.

Ciao.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in