Euro 2016 Qualification - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2014, 14:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Euro 2016 Qualification

No one here excited about Bulgaria's away game in Baku tomorrow?

You guys have a really good chance to qualify this time around.

Ok, Italy and Croatia are good teams but you should be able to get that 3rd spot for sure!

P.S. I've got money on Bulgaria to win tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2014, 19:02
Rising Star

Teams: Levski, Ludogorets, Bulgaria
White Rabbit, this was an ordeal. A very hard-won victory with 2-1 for BG. The Azeri goal ... wtf was Stoyanov doing, thinking about dinner?

Anyway 3p is 3p. Lucky, but one needs some luck from time to time.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2014, 22:44
Rising Star

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 06:39
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Teams: the Toothless Lions
First goal of Ventsislav Hristov for the NT, with only about 60 min. played (has 3 caps, but in the two of them coming in as a substitute at the end).

Now, Bulgaria - Croatia on Oct 10. I can smell the excitement about this game in the air of Sofia already.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 08:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Congrats on the win

Stoyanov with a howler for Azerbaijan's goal though! Is Mihaylov injured or just not playing at Hellas?
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 09:21
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Thanks

Mihaylov was not playing for Hellas Verona. Actually, in the summer he was transferred to Mersin İdmanyurdu SK and will play in the second Turkish division. A couple of years ago he claimed he would never play for a Turkish club before he is 35.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 10:28
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Balkans View Post
Thanks

Mihaylov was not playing for Hellas Verona. Actually, in the summer he was transferred to Mersin İdmanyurdu SK and will play in the second Turkish division. A couple of years ago he claimed he would never play for a Turkish club before he is 35.
Yes, is that crazy or what. Playing at a decent Dutch team, being the nr. one keeper on the NT. Moving to Italy, lots of bench-time, hardly any play. Sad.

At least he will get to play in Turkey. Btw, Mersin is in the Süper Lig. So he should get to play some good teams.

In many aspects of the game Mihaylov is way better than Stoyanov.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 19:06
Star Player

Teams: Croatia! Bayern, Madrid, Inter, Rijeka, Bari
We are coming for you!
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 19:57
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
We are coming for you!
... I got very scared after that impressive win over Malta.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2014, 20:33
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by badest View Post
... I got very scared after that impressive win over Malta.
you mean over ten man Malta!!!

LOL
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2014, 11:36
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
you mean over ten man Malta!!!

LOL
I know playing a 10 men Malta is extra hard at home

But seriously, first game is always "special". Let's see how it goes on Oct. 10 (a big game for both teams). I just nope Niko introduces yet another line-up (so that your guys don't get too comfortable with the positions).
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2014, 16:56
Star Player

I would like to formally invite all of you to the Croatian section of the forum to participate in our Qualification match thread & poll for the upcoming game:

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=358226
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2014, 07:01
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Honestly, don't see how we can get points from the two forthcoming games. My (subjective) opinion on the players called by Lyubo is that the majority of them are completely out of form, or in declining form. I see agents' shadows over this team, which is basically a shame. I thought Lyubo was braver....

Bulgaria's group for he games with the Croates (Friday, Oct 10) and the Norgies (Monday, Oct 13):

GK:

Mihaylov ID (Mersin ID) - Hasn't played competitive games for ages

Vladislav Stoyanov (Ludogorets) - Makes silly mistakes lately

Bojidar Mitrev (Lokomoiv Sofia) - I wonder what the reason for calling him is, as we have at least 4 keepers at his level or above, and in better shape

Defenders:

Bodurov (Fulham) -Judging from the English media, he is not at his best at Fulham, but at least is a regular there

Zanev (Amkar) - he's been injured for a while, and I am not sure if he's fully recovered yet

Yordan Minev (Ludogorets) - no comment. Two sure yellow cards if he is a starter in the two games, unless he is sent off in the first one, then he would not get a yelllow in the second one...

Yordan Hristov (Botev) - massively declining form

Apostol Popov (CSKA) - the whole world is wondering why he is in the NT as he doesn't play even for his club

Iliya Milanov (Litex) - The brother of Georgi Milanov, not is brilliant shape. But do not forget Lyubo was the manager of Litex once in upon a time...

Alexandrov (Ludogorets) - Why? He made crucial mistakes in both Ludo CL games against Pool and Real M. I don't want to see him on the pitch for the NT (well, I would allow him to warm up by the 70th min., just in case...)

Vesselin Minev (Levski) - No comment about the second Minev brother in the NT either. They are simply no NT level.

MIdflield and Forward:

Manolev (Dynamo Moscow) - One of the few in decent shape, but he is not a regular for his club, so why should he be in the NT?

Slavchev (Sporting CP) - I like him a lot, but he is not even a starter for the youth team of Sporting. I hear he is not confident in himself at all

Georgi Iliev (from somewhere in second Chinese league) - He was the author of the great pass for the first goal of Bulgaria against Azerbaijan,so I assume Lyubo's choice is right here. But still, second Chinese league against starters for Real M, Liverpool, Barcelona...

Georgi Milanov (CSKA Moscow) - Decent shape, one of our young lions who can really influence a game

Dyakov (Ludogorets) - Two more sure cards for our NT in this miniseries of euro qualifiers

Gadzhev ("Левски") - Another desperate attempt of Levski to sell him abroad...

Zlatinski (Ludogorets) - Now shows little of what he used to

Alexandrov (Ludogorets) - The most in-form player among the squad called, I think

Popov (Kuban) - Returns after injury, don't know what to expect

Tonev (Celtic) - He is not a regular in Celtic. CELTIC. Got recently thrashed 6:1 in aggregate by Legia Warsaw

Nedelev (Mainz) - He doesn't play competitive football, and all of a sudden is called in the NT. May be he needs to move away from Germany?

Galabinov (Livorno) - Livorno...

Micanski (Karlsruhe) - Karlsruhe...

Gargorov (comes from the same place as Georgi Iliev; don't ask me the name) - May be this chinatown somewhere in the Celestial Empire has a football-skills stimulating rice, I don't know

Ventsislav Hristov (Beroe) - Well, he saved our asses last time in Baku, but still far from NT standards. I would have called someone among Despodov and Minchev from Litex (19-year old, with with big potential).

What say you?

Last edited by Beaux Balkans; October 5th, 2014 at 07:07.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2014, 15:56
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Teams: FK Crvena zvezda, FC Steaua Bucureşti
I don't think Bulgaria will lose against Croatia, if that's what you mean.

14/10/2014
Serbia 3 – 0 Albania

Click at your own risk
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2014, 00:09
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
I don't think Bulgaria will lose against Croatia, if that's what you mean.
I agree. The players are not so good (although Stoyanov actually made a very strong game against Real), but they are a team.

I saw the game in Baku. It took a lot of fighting and a lot of running to get 3 points there.

Croatia has way better material, but I haven't really seen them play with heart in a very long time (no offense to my Croatian friends - I think you know what I mean).

Norway will also be tough away.

4p from these games would be a great result.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2014, 11:13
inbred amoeba
Star Player

I hope you're right, guys. However, I am not able and willing to make any forecasts about the outcome of our game vs. Croatia. I am going to be at the stadium Friday night, supporting our boys, whatever happens.

This match has turned into a fairly unpredictable affair lately. Bulgaria played two good games in Zagreb (1:0 in a Euro qualifier in 2003, but it was a giveaway from our side as Croatia needed the points and we were already qualified for the Euro 2004, and then 2:2 in 2004, after the disappointing 2004 Portuguese summer for us). Then, we lost a decisive game in Sofia in June 2005, and I think the reason was exactly bad choices as regards the players called (out-of-form, unmotivated etc.)

Btw, Gargorov got an injury and is missing the Croatia and Norway games.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2014, 13:33
Rising Star

Quote:
I hope you're right, guys. However, I am not able and willing to make any forecasts about the outcome of our game vs. Croatia. I am going to be at the stadium Friday night, supporting our boys, whatever happens.

This match has turned into a fairly unpredictable affair lately. Bulgaria played two good games in Zagreb (1:0 in a Euro qualifier in 2003, but it was a giveaway from our side as Croatia needed the points and we were already qualified for the Euro 2004, and then 2:2 in 2004, after the disappointing 2004 Portuguese summer for us). Then, we lost a decisive game in Sofia in June 2005, and I think the reason was exactly bad choices as regards the players called (out-of-form, unmotivated etc.)

Btw, Gargorov got an injury and is missing the Croatia and Norway games.
It is difficult to predict - no doubt about it. But I believe that in front of a full (?) Vasil Levski, Croatia will need to "bleed" to get the full points. Not sure they are quite ready to do that.

Gargorov is no big loss. I miss Ivanov, but that's another story...
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2014, 20:21
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by badest View Post
I agree. The players are not so good (although Stoyanov actually made a very strong game against Real), but they are a team.

I saw the game in Baku. It took a lot of fighting and a lot of running to get 3 points there.

Croatia has way better material, but I haven't really seen them play with heart in a very long time (no offense to my Croatian friends - I think you know what I mean).

Norway will also be tough away.

4p from these games would be a great result.
The last truly hearty performance of Croatia for me was the 3-0 win in Istanbul after the dissapointing penalty shootout at the Euro 2008-seconds away from reaching the semis . Our lads went to Istanbul for the quali campaign for the WC and annihilated the Turks 3=0 in the play offs so even the Turkish crowd started booing their own players, on current form I doubt this scenario will happen, it will be a close affair me thinks ...

Personally I think you guys have a young team that plays like a unit while on paper Croatia has more individual strengths such as Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic or Srna ... but stars don't neccesarily win you games ... as we all know football is a sport of a collective.

Last edited by SPURS_LUKA_FAN; October 8th, 2014 at 20:29.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2014, 20:25
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Honestly, don't see how we can get points from the two forthcoming games. My (subjective) opinion on the players called by Lyubo is that the majority of them are completely out of form, or in declining form. I see agents' shadows over this team, which is basically a shame. I thought Lyubo was braver....

Bulgaria's group for he games with the Croates (Friday, Oct 10) and the Norgies (Monday, Oct 13):

GK:

Mihaylov ID (Mersin ID) - Hasn't played competitive games for ages

Vladislav Stoyanov (Ludogorets) - Makes silly mistakes lately

Bojidar Mitrev (Lokomoiv Sofia) - I wonder what the reason for calling him is, as we have at least 4 keepers at his level or above, and in better shape

Defenders:

Bodurov (Fulham) -Judging from the English media, he is not at his best at Fulham, but at least is a regular there

Zanev (Amkar) - he's been injured for a while, and I am not sure if he's fully recovered yet

Yordan Minev (Ludogorets) - no comment. Two sure yellow cards if he is a starter in the two games, unless he is sent off in the first one, then he would not get a yelllow in the second one...

Yordan Hristov (Botev) - massively declining form

Apostol Popov (CSKA) - the whole world is wondering why he is in the NT as he doesn't play even for his club

Iliya Milanov (Litex) - The brother of Georgi Milanov, not is brilliant shape. But do not forget Lyubo was the manager of Litex once in upon a time...

Alexandrov (Ludogorets) - Why? He made crucial mistakes in both Ludo CL games against Pool and Real M. I don't want to see him on the pitch for the NT (well, I would allow him to warm up by the 70th min., just in case...)

Vesselin Minev (Levski) - No comment about the second Minev brother in the NT either. They are simply no NT level.

MIdflield and Forward:

Manolev (Dynamo Moscow) - One of the few in decent shape, but he is not a regular for his club, so why should he be in the NT?

Slavchev (Sporting CP) - I like him a lot, but he is not even a starter for the youth team of Sporting. I hear he is not confident in himself at all

Georgi Iliev (from somewhere in second Chinese league) - He was the author of the great pass for the first goal of Bulgaria against Azerbaijan,so I assume Lyubo's choice is right here. But still, second Chinese league against starters for Real M, Liverpool, Barcelona...

Georgi Milanov (CSKA Moscow) - Decent shape, one of our young lions who can really influence a game

Dyakov (Ludogorets) - Two more sure cards for our NT in this miniseries of euro qualifiers

Gadzhev ("Левски") - Another desperate attempt of Levski to sell him abroad...

Zlatinski (Ludogorets) - Now shows little of what he used to

Alexandrov (Ludogorets) - The most in-form player among the squad called, I think

Popov (Kuban) - Returns after injury, don't know what to expect

Tonev (Celtic) - He is not a regular in Celtic. CELTIC. Got recently thrashed 6:1 in aggregate by Legia Warsaw

Nedelev (Mainz) - He doesn't play competitive football, and all of a sudden is called in the NT. May be he needs to move away from Germany?

Galabinov (Livorno) - Livorno...

Micanski (Karlsruhe) - Karlsruhe...

Gargorov (comes from the same place as Georgi Iliev; don't ask me the name) - May be this chinatown somewhere in the Celestial Empire has a football-skills stimulating rice, I don't know

Ventsislav Hristov (Beroe) - Well, he saved our asses last time in Baku, but still far from NT standards. I would have called someone among Despodov and Minchev from Litex (19-year old, with with big potential).

What say you?
Dude, we have a guy on the Croatia forum that you should make friends with, his name is Hajduk Split (HS) , he'll be right up your street and thanks for your "analysis" - so nothing to worry about then for CROATIA!
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2014, 22:28
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
Dude, we have a guy on the Croatia forum that you should make friends with, his name is Hajduk Split (HS) , he'll be right up your street and thanks for your "analysis" - so nothing to worry about then for CROATIA!
if one would go by players stats or price-tag ... then Cro will win it by 7-0. Somehow I don't think that this is the whole picture. As we all know there are other factors.

PS Definitely the win over Turkey was a BIG-heart-game!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in