Bulgarian League - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2010, 11:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Bulgarian League

Couldn't be screwed writing the full name of the league as it is quite long so i hope you all dont mind I just have a few questions about the league

1) In terms of quality what league would you compare it to? Is it stronger than that of Serbia and worse than that of Romania? I dont read too much into uefa coefficients

2) Who are the richest clubs now? Originally i thought Levski was but i see Litex are first and i heard a rumour that Chernomorets Burgas also have some cash on them. CSKA seem to be struggling though.

3) What does the average player earn playing in the league? You can give me examples of how it ranges between teams if applicable.

4) Would you say your league is good or bad for young players?

5) How would you rate the following players:

Darko Tasevski - I heard rumours that clubs in Russia want him, even Lokomotiv, so does that make him one of the best midfielders in the league?

Dragi Kotsev - He is one of the top assisters in the league but isnt a part of the Macedonian NT

Zoran Zlatkovski- Hes seemed to moved around alot in Bulgaria but never settled down

I'm Macedonian so i have a genuine interest in how some of the younger Maso player are performing

I hope my questions wernt too much of a bother
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2011, 09:33
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Couldn't be screwed writing the full name of the league as it is quite long so i hope you all dont mind I just have a few questions about the league

1) In terms of quality what league would you compare it to? Is it stronger than that of Serbia and worse than that of Romania? I dont read too much into uefa coefficients

2) Who are the richest clubs now? Originally i thought Levski was but i see Litex are first and i heard a rumour that Chernomorets Burgas also have some cash on them. CSKA seem to be struggling though.

3) What does the average player earn playing in the league? You can give me examples of how it ranges between teams if applicable.

4) Would you say your league is good or bad for young players?

5) How would you rate the following players:

Darko Tasevski - I heard rumours that clubs in Russia want him, even Lokomotiv, so does that make him one of the best midfielders in the league?

Dragi Kotsev - He is one of the top assisters in the league but isnt a part of the Macedonian NT

Zoran Zlatkovski- Hes seemed to moved around alot in Bulgaria but never settled down

I'm Macedonian so i have a genuine interest in how some of the younger Maso player are performing

I hope my questions wernt too much of a bother
1. I'd compare the strength of the league well below the Romanian and just a little worse then the Serbian one.

2. Definitely Litex is the richest club in Bulgaria, I'd actually say that Slavia are the second and Levski third. But Slavia is only good at selling players not really challenging for the league. Chernomorec had money but now it seems their ambitions have been lowered. I still think they might actually be better off financially then Slavia and Levski but I can't be certain.

3. I'd say that in Litex; Levski; CSKA the average first 11 earn somewhere between 3 000 to 10 000 euro. I doubt any one is making more then 10 000 p/w right now. It might be that the payment structure is a bit different though - I heard that certain teams only pay if during the month the team has 4 wins out of 5 games or something like that.
The rest of the teams have high earners but also a lot of players making less then 500 euro per week.

4. Terrible in terms of young players, top teams rarely play them in the first 11 and very few develop in top players in Bulgaria. Here journalists will call a 23 year old a "prospect"

Can't tell you too much about players I don't really fallow the Bulgarian League Tasevski is very important player for Levski though and I'd say he would do well playing in a better team - but Russian teams are generally good just to make money

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 06:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Thanks for the info las7 It was a real help

I just have one more question. Does the Bulgarian league follow the European January transfer window or does it have its own dates when players can sign players? I know in Macedonia its completely different.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2011, 18:12
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
I believe it follows the European transfer window but I wouldnt bet my house on that.

In Lokomotiv, Kotsev is turning into the equivalent that Tasevski is for Levski when it comes to assists and constructive midfield play. Having said that though, we are yet to hear of any transfer rumours related to him(not that we are looking forward to them). I cant say much about Zlatkovski. I can recall that Lokomotiv got him along with a bunch of other players but I cant determine if the sudden influx of new players was a reason for him not to get much playing time or there was something else. I wouldnt count on that though since he joined Slavia which have decent(for Bulgaria) reputation for developing their players and he didnt last there either.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 02:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Well i just looked up Zlatkovski on wikipedia and it says he plays for some 2nd league team called PFC Ludogorets Razgrad so yes i would say he was a massive flop in Bulgaria. He started off playing for some good teams though.

The only other macedonian player in the Bulgarian league is Vanco Trajanov and hes way past his prime (of being a very average player i might add ).
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 02:34
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Bulgarian league is pretty famous, it even made it into Wikileaks because of all the corruption and mafia ownership

Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2011, 04:03
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by milos View Post
Bulgarian league is pretty famous, it even made it into Wikileaks because of all the corruption and mafia ownership
yeeeeeah
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2014, 09:40
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Teams: the Toothless Lions
Hi All!
My first post here. I intend to post news, previews about the Bulgarian League here as I think its one of the most quality football fan forums around. Hope there will be more input from fellow Bulgarians.

BTW, the Bulgarian Football League is much more competitive and clean than it used to be. Some really good teams, interesting and unpredictable games, so, lets see what's in front of us.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2014, 23:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Welcome to the forum Beaux Balkans!

Iirc there are about 3 or 4 active Bulgarian members on XT but as you may have noticed the Bulgarian football section of this forum is (unfortunately) quite dead.

Who do you support btw?

I don't really follow the Bulgarian or any Eastern European league for that matter but i prefer Levski
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2014, 00:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I saw this Europa League review show on Setanta Sport, and they had a little profile on Ludogorets due to the success they've had in the comp thus far. Seems the owners of the club are very ambitious and the Brazilians at the club were talking about how organized and well run the club is. Wonder if they can qualify for the CL in the coming seasons? They definitely have eyes on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2014, 08:39
Xtratime Legend

With a half-decent draw they definitely can make CL.

Levski and CSKA are quite average at the moment, whether that is better for the league is open to interpretation. Cutting the league to 12 could be very good as in recent years there always seems to be 1-2 sides really off the pace, barely picking any points.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2014, 08:00
inbred amoeba
Star Player

The season is pretty much over with Ludogorets lifting the cup and winning the league too. The fans of Botev Plovdiv put the stadium ablaze in the cup final yesterday:

Last edited by Beaux Balkans; May 16th, 2014 at 08:06.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 08:18
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Balkans View Post
Levski - CSKA in A Group this afternoon:
... and the result of the derby is known: some 70 arrested, around 200 knives, 2 swords (yatagans), 1 machete, metal rods and chains confiscated by the police. Watch your ass next time you are in Sofia for a football game.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 13:10
Rising Star

Teams: Levski, Ludogorets, Bulgaria
Quote:
... and the result of the derby is known: some 70 arrested, around 200 knives, 2 swords (yatagans), 1 machete, metal rods and chains confiscated by the police. Watch your ass next time you are in Sofia for a football game.
Stupid young punks. They make it hard for normal fans to watch the games.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 14:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
is this Tonci Kukoc in CSKA Sofia really doing that good? It seems he's a head case because every week he is in the Croatian papers saying how he deserves to be in the Cro NT and now he is threatening to play for Bulgaria He also said other silly things, probably trying to be a mini-Balotelli or something
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2014, 11:59
Rising Star

Teams: Levski, Ludogorets, Bulgaria
Quote:
He is a decent LB. CSKA have been looking for a LB for quite some time, and he fits there well. But definitely he has a reputation for being a head case. Just look how his 'International Reputation' is assessed by independent experts (right-hand side of the screen):

http://www.futhead.com/14/career-mod...6/tonci-kukoc/
I don't think he's good enough for the Croatian NT. He is a "head case" too, so he really needs to be +++ in order to get a chance to play (IMO).
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2014, 14:42
inbred amoeba
Star Player

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2015, 14:54
inbred amoeba
Star Player

February is the winter transfer window in Bulgaria. This list of transfers is fairly accurate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%80%9315#A_PFG

Just a few corrections: CSKA Sofia have also signed the attacking MF Amâncio Fortes (Angola, C. D. de Fátima) and the goalie Yassine El Kharroubi (Morocco, Vereya). The club paid no fee for the GK, but the transfer contract provides for some split of the proceeds from a future transfer between CSKA and his former club Vereya.

Ferebory Dore's loan to CFR Cluj will likely be terminated before term (the Romanian club is running bankruptcy proceedings and defaulted on the loan terms), and the striker from Congo Republic will retrun to Botev Plovdiv.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2015, 11:58
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Due to the bankruptcy of CSKA Sofia and Lokomotiv Sofia failing to cover the licensing requirements as well, the Bulgarian A Group is going to consist of ten teams playing 4 games each other. Today, the game schedule for the first 9 rounds has been released.

R1

Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Cherno More (Varna)
Slavia (Sofia) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Montana (Montana)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Levski (Sofia)
Litex (Lovech) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)

R2

Cherno More (Varna) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Levski (Sofia) - Litex (Lovech)
Montana - Botev (Plovdiv)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Slavia (Sofia)

R3

Slavia (Sofia) - Cherno More (Varna)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Litex (Lovech) - Montana
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Levski (Sofia)

R4

Cherno More (Varna) - Levski (Sofia)
Montana - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Litex (Lovech)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Botev (Plovdiv)
Slavia (Sofia) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)

R5

Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Cherno More (Varna)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Slavia (Sofia)
Litex (Lovech) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Levski (Sofia) - Montana

R6

Cherno More (Varna) - Montana
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Levski (Sofia)
ОФК Пирин (Благоевград) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Slavia (Sofia) - Litex (Lovech)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Botev (Plovdiv)

R7

Botev (Plovdiv) - Cherno More (Varna)
Litex (Lovech) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Slavia (Sofia)
Levski (Sofia) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Montana - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)

R8

Cherno More (Varna) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Montana
Slavia (Sofia) - Levski (Sofia)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Litex (Lovech)

R9

Litex (Lovech) - Cherno More (Varna)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Botev (Plovdiv)
Levski (Sofia) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Montana - Slavia (Sofia)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)

The league starts on the 18th of July.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 07:29
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Claudiu Keseru strikes twice to book a diificult victory of Ludogorets over Botev.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37...v-pd-2-1_sport

In another close game Litex wins over Cherno More by 1-0, with another amazing performance of the best player in our league Danilo Asprilla. Just look at his powerful dribbling at 0:57-1:08

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37...e-1-0-ft_sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in