Xtratime Community banner

Bulgarian League

8K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  Beaux Balkans 
#1 ·
Couldn't be screwed writing the full name of the league as it is quite long so i hope you all dont mind :D I just have a few questions about the league

1) In terms of quality what league would you compare it to? Is it stronger than that of Serbia and worse than that of Romania? I dont read too much into uefa coefficients :D

2) Who are the richest clubs now? Originally i thought Levski was but i see Litex are first and i heard a rumour that Chernomorets Burgas also have some cash on them. CSKA seem to be struggling though.

3) What does the average player earn playing in the league? You can give me examples of how it ranges between teams if applicable.

4) Would you say your league is good or bad for young players?

5) How would you rate the following players:

Darko Tasevski - I heard rumours that clubs in Russia want him, even Lokomotiv, so does that make him one of the best midfielders in the league?

Dragi Kotsev - He is one of the top assisters in the league but isnt a part of the Macedonian NT

Zoran Zlatkovski- Hes seemed to moved around alot in Bulgaria but never settled down

I'm Macedonian so i have a genuine interest in how some of the younger Maso player are performing

I hope my questions wernt too much of a bother :D

See less See more
#2 ·
1. I'd compare the strength of the league well below the Romanian and just a little worse then the Serbian one.

2. Definitely Litex is the richest club in Bulgaria, I'd actually say that Slavia are the second and Levski third. But Slavia is only good at selling players not really challenging for the league. Chernomorec had money but now it seems their ambitions have been lowered. I still think they might actually be better off financially then Slavia and Levski but I can't be certain.

3. I'd say that in Litex; Levski; CSKA the average first 11 earn somewhere between 3 000 to 10 000 euro. I doubt any one is making more then 10 000 p/w right now. It might be that the payment structure is a bit different though - I heard that certain teams only pay if during the month the team has 4 wins out of 5 games or something like that.
The rest of the teams have high earners but also a lot of players making less then 500 euro per week.

4. Terrible in terms of young players, top teams rarely play them in the first 11 and very few develop in top players in Bulgaria. Here journalists will call a 23 year old a "prospect"

Can't tell you too much about players I don't really fallow the Bulgarian League :) Tasevski is very important player for Levski though and I'd say he would do well playing in a better team - but Russian teams are generally good just to make money

#3 ·
Thanks for the info las7 :thumbsup: It was a real help

I just have one more question. Does the Bulgarian league follow the European January transfer window or does it have its own dates when players can sign players? I know in Macedonia its completely different.

#4 ·
I believe it follows the European transfer window but I wouldnt bet my house on that.

In Lokomotiv, Kotsev is turning into the equivalent that Tasevski is for Levski when it comes to assists and constructive midfield play. Having said that though, we are yet to hear of any transfer rumours related to him(not that we are looking forward to them). I cant say much about Zlatkovski. I can recall that Lokomotiv got him along with a bunch of other players but I cant determine if the sudden influx of new players was a reason for him not to get much playing time or there was something else. I wouldnt count on that though since he joined Slavia which have decent(for Bulgaria) reputation for developing their players and he didnt last there either.

#5 ·
Well i just looked up Zlatkovski on wikipedia and it says he plays for some 2nd league team called PFC Ludogorets Razgrad so yes i would say he was a massive flop in Bulgaria. He started off playing for some good teams though.

The only other macedonian player in the Bulgarian league is Vanco Trajanov and hes way past his prime (of being a very average player i might add :D).

#8 ·
Hi All!
My first post here. I intend to post news, previews about the Bulgarian League here as I think its one of the most quality football fan forums around. Hope there will be more input from fellow Bulgarians.

BTW, the Bulgarian Football League is much more competitive and clean than it used to be. Some really good teams, interesting and unpredictable games, so, lets see what's in front of us.

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum Beaux Balkans!

Iirc there are about 3 or 4 active Bulgarian members on XT but as you may have noticed the Bulgarian football section of this forum is (unfortunately) quite dead.

Who do you support btw?

I don't really follow the Bulgarian or any Eastern European league for that matter but i prefer Levski ;)

#10 ·
I saw this Europa League review show on Setanta Sport, and they had a little profile on Ludogorets due to the success they've had in the comp thus far. Seems the owners of the club are very ambitious and the Brazilians at the club were talking about how organized and well run the club is. Wonder if they can qualify for the CL in the coming seasons? They definitely have eyes on that.

#11 ·
With a half-decent draw they definitely can make CL.

Levski and CSKA are quite average at the moment, whether that is better for the league is open to interpretation. Cutting the league to 12 could be very good as in recent years there always seems to be 1-2 sides really off the pace, barely picking any points.

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
is this Tonci Kukoc in CSKA Sofia really doing that good? It seems he's a head case because every week he is in the Croatian papers saying how he deserves to be in the Cro NT and now he is threatening to play for Bulgaria :howler: He also said other silly things, probably trying to be a mini-Balotelli or something

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
February is the winter transfer window in Bulgaria. This list of transfers is fairly accurate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bulgarian_football_transfers_winter_2014–15#A_PFG

Just a few corrections: CSKA Sofia have also signed the attacking MF Amâncio Fortes (Angola, C. D. de Fátima) and the goalie Yassine El Kharroubi (Morocco, Vereya). The club paid no fee for the GK, but the transfer contract provides for some split of the proceeds from a future transfer between CSKA and his former club Vereya.

Ferebory Dore's loan to CFR Cluj will likely be terminated before term (the Romanian club is running bankruptcy proceedings and defaulted on the loan terms), and the striker from Congo Republic will retrun to Botev Plovdiv.

#19 ·
Due to the bankruptcy of CSKA Sofia and Lokomotiv Sofia failing to cover the licensing requirements as well, the Bulgarian A Group is going to consist of ten teams playing 4 games each other. Today, the game schedule for the first 9 rounds has been released.

R1

Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Cherno More (Varna)
Slavia (Sofia) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Montana (Montana)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Levski (Sofia)
Litex (Lovech) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)

R2

Cherno More (Varna) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Levski (Sofia) - Litex (Lovech)
Montana - Botev (Plovdiv)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Slavia (Sofia)

R3

Slavia (Sofia) - Cherno More (Varna)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Litex (Lovech) - Montana
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Levski (Sofia)

R4

Cherno More (Varna) - Levski (Sofia)
Montana - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Litex (Lovech)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Botev (Plovdiv)
Slavia (Sofia) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)

R5

Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Cherno More (Varna)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Slavia (Sofia)
Litex (Lovech) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Levski (Sofia) - Montana

R6

Cherno More (Varna) - Montana
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Levski (Sofia)
ОФК Пирин (Благоевград) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Slavia (Sofia) - Litex (Lovech)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Botev (Plovdiv)

R7

Botev (Plovdiv) - Cherno More (Varna)
Litex (Lovech) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Slavia (Sofia)
Levski (Sofia) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)
Montana - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)

R8

Cherno More (Varna) - Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Pirin (Blagoevgrad) - Montana
Slavia (Sofia) - Levski (Sofia)
Beroe (Stara Zagora) - Ludogorets (Razgrad)
Botev (Plovdiv) - Litex (Lovech)

R9

Litex (Lovech) - Cherno More (Varna)
Ludogorets (Razgrad) - Botev (Plovdiv)
Levski (Sofia) - Beroe (Stara Zagora)
Montana - Slavia (Sofia)
Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) - Pirin (Blagoevgrad)

The league starts on the 18th of July.

#20 ·
#22 ·
Litex were thrown out of the competition by the Disciplinary Committee of the Bulgarian Football Union, due to their witdrawal from the game against Levski last Sunday. They have the best quality squad in the Bulgarian league, so let the winter sale start now:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-litex-lovetch/startseite/verein/271/saison_id/2015

Asprilla will probably join Bologna, finally.

All their results in the league will most likely be annuled, which benefits Ludogorets. Surprise, surprise...

#23 ·
Danilo Asprilla transferred to Al-Ain for good money.

cYhGqW6oZGU

They have also sold their captain Strahil Popov to the Turksih side Kasımpaşa (currently fourth in the Super Lig).

Once again, Litex have proven they sell well, but are still waiting to learn their fate after their exclusion from A Grupa has been confirmed on a second administrative instance (by the appellate body of the BFU). Now, the Executive Committee (highest managing body of the BFU) appointed an ad-hoc commission, and based on their recommendation will have a final say later in January.

#24 ·
lol, Asprilla scores another amazing goal, this time in his debut for Al Ain. His goal scored in the dying seconds of the added time brings Al Ain the victory and helps them keep the lead in the AGL:

F42xKlN6R9w

In other news, the free transfer of Tunisian CB Aymen Belaïd to Championship side Rotherham United was confirmed today.

He got a 2,5 years contract with the Millers. Levski got nothing as their contract with the Tunisian expired on 31 December.

The Bulgarian media are reporting interest by Liverpool towards the young CB of Ludogorets Georgi Terziev. I know they are in a desperate search for CB's right now, but doubt Terziev would get a transfer to Premiership. He is this guy, ffs.

#25 · (Edited)
Two notable winter deals so far:

* AM Nedelev returns from BL (Mainz 05) to Botev Plovdiv on a 6-month loan.

* 18 yo AM Bozhidar Kraev is about to be transferred to EPL side West Ham Utd, subject to medicals. Levski Sofia will get around 1,5 mio euro for him. The length of his new contract is not revealed yet.

#27 ·
The league resumed this weekend with only four games as it is composed of only 9 teams (10 < Litex, who are appealing the decision of the BFU to bar them from the competition. They requested as an interim measure to be allowed to play until the CAS in Lausanne holds a final decision but their claim was rejected).

The Football Union guys announced a new setup of the league might be implemented in the autumn, and traditional teams such as CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia might be invited to join. I might open a new thread to discuss the "Bulgarian Premier League" project if it is interesting to anyone.

Links to the four games' summaries:

Ludogorets - Levski 2:1

http://vbox7.com/play:d6f802010d&start=290

Ludo started with 6 Brazilians in their squad (two of them have Bulgarian passports). Following the deduction of points earned by the rest of A Grupa against Litex, Ludo had 5 points advantage to Levski, and after their win today they are 8 points clear on top.

Botev - Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1:0

http://vbox7.com/play:0cbf47fa96&start=5

The Plovdiv derby was emotional, as always, but only in front of 3500 fans as Botev are currently playing in their training ground (due to lack of funds the renovation of their stadium has been suspended for three years now)

Beroe - Pirin 3:1

http://vbox7.com/play:c2b890276e&start=4

I enjoyed the game. Beroe are one of the better teams in the league. Pirin have this funny Kosovar coach, but he is a proven motivator and Pirin improved a lot since his coming.

Slavia - Cherno More 0:0

http://vbox7.com/play:5cb82f5167&start=2

Slavia have a new coach, the Russian Alexander Tarkhanov. A shift in their youth players policy too, as they had sth like 8 players from theuir academy in their squad today.

#28 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.