Will Bulgaria qualify to the next World Cup? - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 14:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Will Bulgaria qualify to the next World Cup?

България ще ли се квалифицира за следващия световен шампионат?
Имате вашата дума


UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 14:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
the sweetest bulgarian ...

We have a topic on this the World Cup Draw/

IMO - NO! Italy are too good to be challeneged by us seriously and even if we get to 2nd spot (which I doubt as Ireland is there) we will most likely face super string team in the knock outs. No more than 20% chance I see.

Teh biggest question is will Italy make to the knockout stages in the Euro 08? Teh stringets group by far. Romania are gaining pace, Holland are bad but you never know in one game if their attackers finally start scoring the 1000s chances the create (and no Toldo anymore to save two penalties and 3 more after) and Domeneche wants revenge.

bono is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 14:53
Star Player
 
Famigerato19's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Teams: FC Internazionale Milano
Posts: 2,546
Yes

Formerly known as:Suazo19

Also known as: MilfordCubicle
Famigerato19 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 14:58 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
the sweetest bulgarian ...

We have a topic on this the World Cup Draw/

IMO - NO! Italy are too good to be challeneged by us seriously and even if we get to 2nd spot (which I doubt as Ireland is there) we will most likely face super string team in the knock outs. No more than 20% chance I see.

Teh biggest question is will Italy make to the knockout stages in the Euro 08? Teh stringets group by far. Romania are gaining pace, Holland are bad but you never know in one game if their attackers finally start scoring the 1000s chances the create (and no Toldo anymore to save two penalties and 3 more after) and Domeneche wants revenge.
Онова щеше да доведе до възможност от 80% процента до всичко, което отборите на remaing комбинираха

Аз се опасявам, че Италия не ще квалифицира

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
I didnt get the 1st sentance this time. Zero.

Italy is in SA 100%. No question.

bono is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
I didnt get the 1st sentance this time. Zero.

Italy is in SA 100%. No question.
If Bulgaria in your opinion stands a 20% chance of qualifing, all remaining NT's combined have 80%. Maths never lie.

Волята е способност


P.S. Italy at Euro 06 won't qualify :notlist:

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
1. how come? Bulgaria has 20% chance to qualify at N1 or N2 and then win the play offs. Italy has 60% chance, Irteland also 20% or a bit more than us. No other team has any.

2. Italy is surely in. 60% is the min I can give them. Irlwand is weaker than Scotland and BG is light years away from France.

bono is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:14 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
1. how come? Bulgaria has 20% chance to qualify at N1 or N2 and then win the play offs. Italy has 60% chance, Irteland also 20% or a bit more than us. No other team has any.

2. Italy is surely in. 60% is the min I can give them. Irlwand is weaker than Scotland and BG is light years away from France.
In other words your suggesting Bulgaria has a 50% chance in ending in 2nd position. 2nd position would allow Bulgaria to clash with another NT that ended in 2nd poition in order to reach WC10.
Overall it could be worse.

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo
In other words your suggesting Bulgaria has a 50% chance in ending in 2nd position. 2nd position would allow Bulgaria to clash with another NT that ended in 2nd poition in order to reach WC10.
Overall it could be worse.
yes, there is about 50% chance BG might end up 2nd. I would say 49% as I think Ireland is slightly better. But then a clash with other top 2 NT from another group takes the overall chance at about 20% IMO. Overall, not very godo at all, providing we were seated in pot 2 - we were quite unlucky with teh 3rd team and espcially with N1 team and the 4 to 6 pots too.

bono is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
yes, there is about 50% chance BG might end up 2nd. I would say 49% as I think Ireland is slightly better. But then a clash with other top 2 NT from another group takes the overall chance at about 20% IMO. Overall, not very godo at all, providing we were seated in pot 2 - we were quite unlucky with teh 3rd team and espcially with N1 team and the 4 to 6 pots too.
Still, you still have a decent chance in making it

Plus Nedko might reconsider retirement

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
We do have a decent chance indeed. But i am seriously doubtful we will take it. The latest rumour is our federation is negotiating with katanec (ex Slovenia and ex Macedonia coach) for teh NT?!?!?! I mean, how ridiculous you can get.

bono is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Diavolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Milan
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 28,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
We do have a decent chance indeed. But i am seriously doubtful we will take it. The latest rumour is our federation is negotiating with katanec (ex Slovenia and ex Macedonia coach) for teh NT?!?!?! I mean, how ridiculous you can get.
In all fairness I don't have an up to date record of Katanec's ability as a coach. Anyway, you do have a decent enough number of good players to compete with any team, that's for sure.

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
Diavolo is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,384
Blog Entries: 1
If you look at the other thread you will see that our biggest problem is the D. We can surely put together a very good and compatative midfeid and attack. But our D and DMs suck big time. There are some young guys but none of them plays on good level club football and so on. In 1994, when we had our biggets success, next to Stoickov, Kostadinov, Balakov, Penev, we had a very decent D and DMs (Mihailov (gk), Trifon Ivanov, Zlatko Jankov, Kremenliev, Cvetanov, Kirjakov, Ivailo Jordanov - all of them with not special but decent Western Footiee experience in good leagues) which made it all possible.

bono is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 20:21
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player
 
deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Posts: 3,512
katanec did pretty well with slovenia not so long ago, allthough i'd like to go for someone more high profile and not some journeyman who's toured all of africa/eastern europe
deathclaw is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 20:22
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player
 
deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Posts: 3,512
btw if you want you can merge the two threads.
deathclaw is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 20:24
Premier Player
 
Don Techno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: London
Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Posts: 1,981
Get Katanec as a coach and the joke is complete,lol. If those negotiations are indeed serious, then the BFU must have lost its sense of rationality big time!

Quote:
btw if you want you can merge the two threads.
I second that.
Don Techno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome