The Battle for Plovdiv - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2007, 20:18 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Barcelona, Botev Plovdiv
The Battle for Plovdiv

Locomotiv - Botev 4:0
The worst defeat in the history of the derby(there's another 7:3 though, but at least Botev scored goals)

I only want to show some pictures from the stands:

- What position are you playing?
- Substitution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2007, 21:36
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
http://video.lportala.net/0708/stage7.avi

Cant believe BNT didnt show the game...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Horrid result. Especially having in mind the circumstamnces - all the problems in Loko, new owner, new coach; Botev starting well this season. I guass bragging rights are on the other side of Plovdiv for a while ...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 21:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Barcelona, Botev Plovdiv
New coach now(Tencho Tenev, left Marica to be Botev's coach)...
The fans were amazing, there are 2-3 teams in Europe who can rely on such support - 0:4 and still chanting and clapping...

- What position are you playing?
- Substitution.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2007, 20:53
Premier Player

The circumstances were such that we needed a victory more, not only because of the new personel etc but also because of the pretty lame start we have had up until that game. Surely we didnt have much of a pre-season preparation (mainly for non-football reasons) but it was obvious how poor we were when losing to Marek, a side that we should have nailed. Still, with high spirits and being ready for a derby would have got us a win, though a narrow one...but this was hardly a derby.

Im much more concerned about our game with CSKA though because the performance there would really show where we stand on the football map. We have traditionally had some pretty intense games against them and their funky exit from Europe may be good(as they might plunge into some kind of crisis) but may also be for the worse if they start "showing skill" vs the non-top 3 A Gruppa teams(though thats something that Levski is more known for).
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2007, 14:48
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player

Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
i read in some paper that botev's new coach is gonna have to be part of the stadium security to be allowed to enter the stadium, cause he's not allowed to take over officially until new year
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2007, 20:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

yes and he will need to if he wants to keep his boss alive. Selskiat was attacked after the game from fans; now i read the club could be penalized?!?!?! I mean. the fans attack the president 30 min after the end of the game and the club pays ...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 11:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

DRAMA in Plovdiv. The battle continues ...

24 hours after he was attacked by fans, Botev President, Mitio Selskia, aka Hristolov, said he is stoppoing all payments and is waiting for a buyer to show up and ask for the club. Although this has happened before, or actually every year, there are some signs that this time there might be an element of reality. All Botev fans are hoping and praying he will finally go, some are ready to sacrifice A status and all just to se ehim go.

less than 24 hours later Loko PD new President, Hazifoglu, resigned from his duties. Apparantly this is just a part of a big scenariom where Miss Galia Topalova, married to co-owner Zeki Bajram.

next week or 2, might bee cruicial for the football in Plovdiv as we know it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 15:55
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player

Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
yeah, loko and botev merge and form the voltron of bulgarian football and win the league ten times in a row
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 21:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclaw
yeah, loko and botev merge and form the voltron of bulgarian football and win the league ten times in a row

yes and all that with a Turkish owner I would love my lungs out in fornt of all feking nationalisto-shovenistic pigs. I feel terrible there is so much noise in Plovdiv against turkish owners. its disgusting actually

Last edited by bono; October 11th, 2007 at 21:39.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 21:32
Premier Player

Quote:
less than 24 hours later Loko PD new President, Hazifoglu, resigned from his duties. Apparantly this is just a part of a big scenariom where Miss Galia Topalova, married to co-owner Zeki Bajram.
Its "Nazifoglu"...but anyway,he is now gone for good or bad. Due to having no decently working cyrilic,I didnt take any part of the discussions at the Lokomotiv forum but,unless I am missing something,I dont see what is all this whole noise about.I mean there is just a change of a CEO by the majority shareholder and thats about it. I guess its just to do with the fact that there will be one week break so medias see this as pretty hot.

Quote:
We might be pretty bleak about the future but we are not as messed up as are the fans in Bourgas that allowed their clubs to be mixed,clones,misplaced or whatever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in