UEFA cup 07/08 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2007, 16:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
UEFA cup 07/08

So, after the tradionally strong performance of Levski in Europe lets turn to the UEFA cup. By the way, Brondby socred 3 goals to the Finns in 90 min, Levski 0 in 180. Real shame there.

Litex is up 0-2 away to Besa Albania so i assume they are though easily. Ivelin Popov with both goals and a yellow card. CSKA might have some probs, Loko Sofia will be tough I think/.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2007, 16:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

0-3 beto

good

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2007, 22:24
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
i just arrived in chicago today and just checked livescore.

great day today for bulgarian football and its nice that all 3 teams will play next round it gives us some dignity back after Levski's blunder.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2007, 22:39
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Yeah good scores, I'm afraid that by the time I get back to Europe no Bulgarian teams will be playing in Europe hopefully they prove me wrong and make it to the next stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 09:59
World Class Player

CSKA ARE SEEDED!!!!

dont know HOW on earth it happened but they are. I tho litex had better coefficient then them but i guess i was wrong.

CSKA can play: Tolouse, Beleneses, Aberdeen, Bran, Helsinborg all beatable teams although i hope they dont get tolouse.

litex also have teams they can beat: Basel, Apoel Tel Aviv, Austria Wiena, but they can also get Zaragoza or hamburger.

Loko can get: Ajax, Palermo, Blackburn, Braga or Rennes.
I hope they get rennes but braga is also beatable and i think if slavia can beat ajax feyenoord can too. besides loko do pretty good against dutch opposition.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 11:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

CSKA again just made it ... they were toyed by a Cypros team which they should have destroyed, but now due to red cards and a last minute lucky goal, Tomov and Co are again claiming how great of a Euro fighter the team is. While it is pretty clear after all teh expensive selction, the team aint playing well enough. I hope they get a godo draw and go to the Group stages but ...

Loko Sf and Litex have been great so far. Espcially Loko Sf as playing v Romanians is never easy. They diod great. Hope for a godo draw though Loko situation does look very optimistic. If they get Rennes or Braga there is hope, otherwise. If Litex gets Basel or Asutria - may be. But HSV and Zaragosa ... well. CSKA worst scenario could be indeed Tulouse BUT Aberdeen could be very tough too and Belenenses play that Portugese slick football but what a home coming for Stoicho if he gets Belenenses no?

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 12:26
World Class Player

LOKO sofia got the easiest possible draw.

they will play rennes and the first game is in france.

with a little bit of luck i think loko can qualify for the groups.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 12:29
World Class Player

cska will play toulouse....
dam our luck has turned.
from the best possible to the worst possible team.

i mean wtf loko were not seeded and cska were and in all honest i think that loko got an easier team.

Still there are like 3 or so weeks left till this round so the signings will be able to gel even more by than so who knows anything can happen.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 12:31
World Class Player

besides after what levski did to the french in the uefa cup 2 years ago we are ready for more truimphs against them!!!

OH MY!!!
Litex got Hamburg!!
From our 3 teams i can only see Loko advance but lets pray for a miracle.

but for litex it could have been worse- Zaragoza but its still bad.

I feel EXTREMELY confident for loko's chances and i think they will make it.
If cska get their act together i think they can do it and for litex it will be hard but dont write them off just yet i mean cska knocked leverkusen out so who knows maybe litex can do the same to Hamburg.

Last edited by ac_milan_foreva; August 31st, 2007 at 12:40.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 13:18
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player

Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Rennes are the easiest of the three opponents, but are much better than loko imo, I hope they do it nontheless.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2007, 14:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

horrid draw. I am affraid no one will make it to group stages. Loko Sf has teh easiest one but they are teh weakest and least experience team too. Litex is out unless they perform a miracle ala CSKA v Liverpool (the Stoicho one) or Levski v Stutgard years and years ago. But do you really see that? If CSKA get their act together and somehow Stoicho forms a godo team thy could be a match for Rennes but I doubt it.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2007, 18:32
Star Player

The litex goalkeeper's agility is really bad.. He should have caught that imo.
There was a penalty call earlier in the second half, but i'm not sure wether it was reasonable.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2007, 18:51
Star Player

Also, on the other end, whatever meaningful's done by the litex midfield is destroyed by Krum Bibishkov, who's awfulness personified and not doing anything to show he gets paid to play football. What they need most is a good centre forward now, their team would be complete imo (goalies are hard to find in these parts but a gk wouldn't be bad aswell)
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2007, 19:18
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
not that the game was any spectacular or Litex were mighty good, but just for the record - awful refering - two uncalled penalties and a wrong yellow card allowing a certain HSV player - Gerrero or sth - to stay on the pitch while he shud've been sent to the locker rooms.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2007, 19:30
Star Player

i dont know, i think it was bad production, they got one of the subs wrong, so i wouldn't put it past them to have mixed up the yellow cards.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2007, 22:00
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
No one would shed a tear about Litex anyway. Sounds nice that they are the non-capital team etc that represent the country in the Euro cups but neither is the result unexpected nor are they about to leave the tournament too early.Besides, little did Grisha Ganchev realise that, mainly with foreigners, may possibly end up better off but may often end up piss poor too, especially in the BG football reality.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2007, 06:53
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclaw
i dont know, i think it was bad production, they got one of the subs wrong, so i wouldn't put it past them to have mixed up the yellow cards.
I watched the game on dsf.

After gerrero got a yellow later in the 2nd half, the commentator said that now this guy must walk away as it's his second after he commited a foul earlier. But no - the guy stayed and the tv guy was surprised and said they were gonna ask someone to explain. after 5 minutes he explained that the ref made a mistake about the first foul and gave yellow card to the wrong man - some other HSV player, so this gerrero guy didnt get sent off when he made the second foul. btw, grisha was presented as the Abramovich of Bulgaria, haha.

The best player from Litex was Tom/Wellington Brito da Silva aka Ronaldinho, hehehe... Litex had actually more chances but it was obvious HSV didnt want to play.

one more thing - it was ****ing annoying to watch the 2nd half of the game on dsf as the tv fags put a mic in the sector witht the german fans and I got to hear some lousy german chants for whole 45 mins. pffff!

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2007, 12:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
No one would shed a tear about Litex anyway. Sounds nice that they are the non-capital team etc that represent the country in the Euro cups but neither is the result unexpected nor are they about to leave the tournament too early.Besides, little did Grisha Ganchev realise that, mainly with foreigners, may possibly end up better off but may often end up piss poor too, especially in the BG football reality.
i think that is extremely unfair. I woudl not shed a tear for CSKA or Levski for sure. But, Litex, on top of being a no Sofia team so by default getting my sympathies, has shown good football and outplayed Levski more than once though won only teh last one. Its a very very decent team for our stadards and I do believe they deserve better faith in Uefa. The groups woudl have been great and deserved. They just got the bets team of all teams BG clubs have faced lately, surely this year. HSV could have easly been a solid UCL group contender. Its a shame they lost with a goal 12 min from time rea;lly, shame the ref was not exactly fair either, it seems. A 0-0 or 1-1 would have been a good boost for all of us. Not that anybody had any hopes of going through anyway.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2007, 18:42
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Tbh I didnt follow the game much because of the CL games which I found to be more interesting but if Litex were close to a draw/win, that would also have something to do with HSV underestimations.

Im not entirely sure about what you mean by boosts, especially when you mean for all of us. Such result wouldnt even save them if Hamburger does half of what it can as a host.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2007, 20:40
Star Player

too bad for loko, got a 3rd goal in the last minunte..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in