Lokomotiv Plovdiv's president assassinated! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2007, 21:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Lokomotiv Plovdiv's president assassinated!

Source: Gazzetta.it

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2007, 21:58
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player

Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Yeah, the last one too. And they tried to kill the one before him as well, i think.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 01:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
I'm aware of the problems that plague Bulgarian football with regards to corruption, but murder? And it's not a one off either! :eekani:

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 03:46
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Afaik, its the 3rd Lokomotiv president to be shot, 4 club presidents altogether in Bulgaria(at least for this century). The only thing that pisses me off is that the team just got rebuilt and with a high morale to regain a spot for Europe during the next season...anyway, for the murder itself, nothing(as usual) would be found just like with any of the other tens(or hundreds...lost count) assassinations in similar fashion that have occured in the fairly recent past. I personally blame the government and the general status quo which allows for this mess to exist and it amazes me to think that this country was accepted into the EU despite all that.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 12:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
i just read a list of 51 "mafia" killings in open air in bulgaria since 1993. Not a single one has been revealed.

This is a real national trategy, if you ask me. The fact that they do this in the open, out there, speaks tons for teh state and society we live in. Its so sad and tragic, its hard to talk about in great depth. I bet there is not a single european country with such a number of killings for the last 15 years. And may be way beyond Europe. The mafitic structure is not only pararel to state, it is part of it, as many facts show (e.g. some of the killed are low level politcians). This combined with the numerous ongoing and past corruption scandals on teh highest levels of politics (we are talking about Ministers and deputy-ministers going on forced holidays and/or being sacked) paints such a horrible, painful picture in my head I dont even want to think about it for too long.

PS this killing most likely has nothing to do with football.

Last edited by bono; May 15th, 2007 at 12:50.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 12:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

and let me say (as a Botev plovdiv fan) for the reckord that I do feel for Loko PD fans. I have friends ... many. They dont desrve that.

You might argue of course that their rise to fame and the title is on top of mafiotic circles (since they won the title, 3 of their presidents have been shot), but eitehr way, fans do not deserve this. Loko fans are among the most loyal in the country, I still remember home games in 2nd devision in the 80s, when they had 5 to 10 000 home support. For Bulgaria that was and is huge.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 12:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono

PS this killing most likely has nothing to do with football.
And that´s something people should know.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2007, 14:04
Premier Player

No,its unlikely to have anything to do with football. If it does...well,pretty sad story for the status of the BG sport then! Now for Tasev people might say he probably deserved it since you dont get shot in such manner by accident but if thats the case, then its even worse because you would first have someone messing around with the law by operating in the shadows and then you get him mysteriously shot,without finding anything. For G.Iliev it used to be constantly rumoured about him being involved with drug trade but for Tasev there was nothing and he didnt even bother having bodyguards as Iliev used to so it can get really speculative .But anyway, enough about that...I feel sorry for the guy who did quite a bit for Lokomotiv in a short period of time but Im mainly concerned with the implications on this for the club. At least they so far indicate that they wont be as bad as the last time when G.Iliev got shot because Tasev was only partly financing the club and big share of the finances came from the sponsor companies that he brought.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 15:19
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
The most dangerous job on earth: being a President of Loko PD.

How's that - the 3rd in a row?

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 15:28
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc
The most dangerous job on earth: being a President of Loko PD.

How's that - the 3rd in a row?
Next one should be a highlander i.e. immortal!
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 17:54
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
an immortal "mutra" ?
please, not in my worst nightmares....

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 18:07
Premier Player

ok maybe there is another way...like for example we screw the position of "President of Lokomotiv Pd" and introduce something along the lines of "Mighty Warlord of Lokomotiv Pd" or "King/Don() of Lokomotiv Pd"...all kinds of possibilities! Might help with this curse
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 22:33
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
i really dont understand this.
when i am in bulgaria over the summer every week sometimes even more than once a week i hear of a shooting and most of the time its in the middle of the day, all over the country and at a crowded place.
the problem is that these "mutri" think and maybe they do to some extent- that they own the country.
it is very very sad and we are like the columbia of the balkans something needs to be done.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 11:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
ok maybe there is another way...like for example we screw the position of "President of Lokomotiv Pd" and introduce something along the lines of "Mighty Warlord of Lokomotiv Pd" or "King/Don() of Lokomotiv Pd"...all kinds of possibilities! Might help with this curse

Or, give them back their real name (Velbuzd Kustednil ) and problem solved. The orginal Loko Pd, takes his orginal liscence back from Velbuzd and start from there (3rd devision or sth like that). The bad spell will be broken I am sure of it.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 13:27
Premier Player

Understandable that your on for us to eventually go down since botev with its recent role of elevator from A Gruppa to B and vice versa finds it sort of hard to end up above Lokomotiv via direct games but nevertheless, its becoming a cliche about this Velbazd thing. At the very least, having seen the brocker period in your club(one of who I heard is in prison btw so the botev presidential position doesnt seem risk-free either), I am fully convinced that the only thing that you can hold against G.Iliev is that he didnt buy your club instead. But enough of that, its not the subject of the thread and I dont get paid to argue over forums.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 13:48
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclaw
Yeah, the last one too. And they tried to kill the one before him as well, i think
Sounds like there is at least one job in football that is worse than being the manager of England after all...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 14:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I was just suggesting how to stop the violance. Teh problem is in the intial pahse when things were conceived.

The Brokers owned BFS and still didnt make as champions. I might hold it against us, but we did not become champions by paying our way up through devisions, games and titles.

Seriously: I wish Loko Pd all the best. I have many friends and they dont desrve this.

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 14:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ
Sounds like there is at least one job in football that is worse than being the manager of England after all...
yeah, legal advisor to Luciano Moggi. p

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 14:26
Premier Player

Quote:
I was just suggesting how to stop the violance. Teh problem is in the intial pahse when things were conceived.
If only the problems in the BG football were related to one club(say, Loko Pd) but its a total lack of order, starting with BFS...and when it comes to the killings, they are unlikely to be related to football. In my personal opinion, given the corrupt character of the country(and Im not talking about the last 18 or so years), I doubt that there ever was a period when the championship was purely determined by skill on the pitch. The existence of artificially created club such as cska that would win 30 titles since 1948 itself proves it.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 17:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
The existence of artificially created club such as cska that would win 30 titles since 1948 itself proves it.
We all know every Loko Pd fan is a closed Levski fan but you dont need to prove it all teh time, Like Bonev before the game: Q: Will Loko play to win Zuma: No, well, no, no ... its not a shame to lose to Levski!

Otherwise I do agree with you to some extend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in