Luxemburg- bulgaria - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 03:02 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
Luxemburg- bulgaria

We still havent opened a thread about this game... Its a very important game to close the year and i think we will get the 3 points with no problem but they gave holland some problems so we have to be careful. Not to mention we are without our 2 best players (m.petrov is suspended and berbatov is playing more like a forward from our b division rather than the most expensive transfer in tottenham.)So hopefully bojinov will step it up and secure the 3 pts.. this is the game i can really see bojinov finally errupt and score 2 or 3 goals.
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 09:45
Forum Manager
World Class Player
 
las7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Posts: 9,120
Our problem is not Berbatov it's the midfield, sorry but with the kind of survice Berbo got in the last match even the most in-form forward wouldnt be able to anything.
I think Bojinov should have stayed with the U21 team but since he is with the Senior squad our attack should probably look like this:

Yovov(Me4o)----Iankovich----Bojinov
--------------Berbatov------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
las7 is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 10:40
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Anomander Rake's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Bulgaria
Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Posts: 13,058
I am not Berbatov's biggest fan but the amount of criticism he received after the last game is ridiculous. It reminds me of the Juventus fans criticising Trezeguet for not being involved in the build-up of the attacks. But such strikers are not expected to do that, they rely on the midfield creativity which was close to zero agaisnt Holland.

Las7, Iankovic? Really? He looks totally lost on the pitch every time I watch him these days.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
Anomander Rake is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 13:42
Forum Manager
World Class Player
 
las7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Posts: 9,120
I don't know about that he seems like the only midfielder who plays constanly. He does loose alot of balls but against Holland after he came on we actually created chances. He has good awareness and seems to be the only one actually giving killer balls to our forwards(think about the back hill towards Bojinov against Slovenia). Against Holland he created both Bojinov's chances at the end and he is by far the better choice when we compare him to Yankov who has really not been able to find his form since his injury.
Overall although I was not pleased when he was first called up for this qualification over the last three matches he has won me over with most of his decision making and the fact that he is able from time to time to make the differance.

Our problem has been the right flank where I have felt that apart from the secound half against Slovenia nearly everyone has failed(Peev, Blago, Me4o and Yovov) but since they did play well against Slovenia I think either Me4o or Yovov should start against Luxemburg.

Another worry is our Defensive midfielder or our so called Defensive Midfielder Kishishev. He is in terrible form and we should definetly look for an alternative although there is simply no good defensive midfielder in Bulgaria.
Maybe we should try to play with 3 central defenders and a RB and a LB because we lack good a good defensive midfielder. I have said this many times but I'm not the coach thus my thoughts are mare dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
las7 is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 21:42
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player
 
deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Posts: 3,512
I couldnt watch the game itself, but i saw the statistics at uefa.com just now. Doesnt look like we played well at all. And 1-0 against such a team with a goal from tunchev?? WTF
deathclaw is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 22:04 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclaw
I couldnt watch the game itself, but i saw the statistics at uefa.com just now. Doesnt look like we played well at all. And 1-0 against such a team with a goal from tunchev?? WTF
dude what the hell are u talking about... i just saw the statistics for this game too i guess you must have seen another one.
We got 70% of the ball possesion so that says a lot. Shots on target 4-3 but the important thing is that we got a win away even tho its luxemburg its still an away game. I think we have a terrific chance to qualify and we dont have any tuff games until the fall of 2007 so im expecting 2 wins against belarus and a win against albania (its a home so i dont think it will be a problem.)
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 22:10
Forum Manager
World Class Player
 
las7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Posts: 9,120
Iankovich should have come on earlier those passes he made were pure inspiration compared to all the other build up play we tried in the match.
Berbo despite not playing well could have finnished with 3 assists if it wasnt for Iankovich's bad luck especially with his secound shot.
Anyhow the three points is what is most important and we got those ,I don't care how especially seeing that great goal from Tunchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
las7 is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 22:20 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
yes exactly my point. We go into the year 2007 second in the group and i hope come around this time next year we are in the same position i really think and hope that holland can beat romania as if we pick up 9 points in the next 3 games we will be 2nd no matter what as long as holland beats romania. I dont want romania to win as that would mean we will probably fight with holland for 2nd place and i dont want that i prefer us taking on romania as i think we can beat them in sofia, it wont be pretty but we can get it done as romania will probably need it more by then, but we will still get what we need.

we defenetly cant complain about our NT at the moment tho because despite of the way we got those points we still are 2nd and did brilliantly as we couldnt have dreamed of a better start so there is nothing to complain about.
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 22:30
International
 
Andrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: cant remember
Posts: 6,374
We were awful- the Stoichkov-Hero combo more and more looks like the worst thing that has happened to our NT team from decades, how we still hasnt lost a game is a mystery to me
Andrey is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 00:21 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey
We were awful- the Stoichkov-Hero combo more and more looks like the worst thing that has happened to our NT team from decades, how we still hasnt lost a game is a mystery to me
i shall never understand some of our fans... we always complain and complain about things but in reality our position is amazing. I only watched 1 whole game since they only showed romania- bulgaria here we were horrible 1st half but what i saw 2nd half was pretty good. There are teams that play very well but get bad results and fail to qualify.. would u rather by those teams? no id rather get the points and dont care about the performance. The other thing i dont like is always the coach getting the blame. Now there are some choices u have to wonder about like iankovich but at the end of the day its players like berbatov, s. petrov, bojinov and m. petrov that decide the game.


another thing that this game proves is that m.petrov is really essential to our team and without him we are not the same.
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 00:49
Rising Star
 
pe3ucTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: 49:15:00N 123:04:48W
Teams: Levski
Posts: 343
Oh, please stop the crap, Berbatov has not yet decided any game for what.. 2 years? he has not scored for Bulgaria for more than a year, and now he is not going to score for 5-6 more months before the next game. It would be some kind of an achievement - 2 years, starting in every single game as a striker, not being able to score. I liked him better when he was crap in Leverkusen, but was scoring for the NT.

Do you know when was the first time I saw Stilian today? When he got his yellow card in the middle of the second half. Do you know when was the second time I saw him? At the end of the game when he went to greet the refs. That is the way he has been playing for our NT since they started to call him on int'l duty. He just is not playing the way we've all seen him play in Celtic and now in Aston Villa. In my opinion he does not deserve to play for the NT if we are taking into consideration his performances in the NT.

ac_milan_foreva, I prefer us to play a good game and let the results come with time. You cannot understand that those results are only because of the loads of luck we got in those 4 games. The worst thing about luck though is that at some point it just stops working. The same way it stopped working in the last qualifying cycle. We were the best after the first 3-4 games, we were on the top of the wave, we equalized to Croatia after being 2 down... LOL - what a great coach is Stoichkov, right? Sounds familiar? What happened then? Shameful home losses against Croatia and Sweden, draws against MALTA and Hungary.

Results are products of the quality of the game, not of luck! You can be lucky once or twice in a cycle, but the class is there in every single game. Undortunately our results at the moment are product of some unbelievable luck and individiual insights. If we keep playing like that I expect a worse end than the one in the last qualifying cycle, and here I mean losses against opponents like Albania or Slovenia, not only against Holland and Romania.

Our NT is BAD, as bad as it can be actually. I have never seen us play worse football than now. Time for change I think. There is still some chance if BFS makes the right move NOW! Not after the games vs Albania Romania and Holland. NOW!!!
pe3ucTop is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 05:15
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player
 
deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Posts: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_milan_foreva
dude what the hell are u talking about... i just saw the statistics for this game too i guess you must have seen another one.
We got 70% of the ball possesion so that says a lot. Shots on target 4-3 but the important thing is that we got a win away even tho its luxemburg its still an away game. I think we have a terrific chance to qualify and we dont have any tuff games until the fall of 2007 so im expecting 2 wins against belarus and a win against albania (its a home so i dont think it will be a problem.)

Its luxembourg damn it, where else play good football than then. Why so few shots? We should have beaten them atleast 3 or 4 - 0
deathclaw is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 09:27
Forum Manager
World Class Player
 
las7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Posts: 9,120
Holland also beat Luxembourg with only one goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
las7 is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 11:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,383
Blog Entries: 1
3 points are 3 points. Liek Holland cares if they won v Albania 2-1 or 5-0 ... at this point.

We have 2 wins and 2 draws, including super diff games v Romania and v Holland. I think the campaign has started better than most expected. So far so good.

And stop with berbo attacks. He is teh best we have with valeri - for good or bad, he has no alternatives and he is a good Euro level striker. Berbo is not our problem by a mile ...

bono is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 11:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: in your head
Teams: Il club piu ...
Posts: 43,383
Blog Entries: 1
there are articles suggesting Stilian Petrov declared he is leaving the National team with immidiate effect. He said he will issue an announcement on Sat.

What da fak????

bono is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 14:47
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Anomander Rake's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Bulgaria
Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Posts: 13,058
Quote:
Results are products of the quality of the game, not of luck! You can be lucky once or twice in a cycle, but the class is there in every single game. Undortunately our results at the moment are product of some unbelievable luck and individiual insights. If we keep playing like that I expect a worse end than the one in the last qualifying cycle, and here I mean losses against opponents like Albania or Slovenia, not only against Holland and Romania.
With the amount of luck that Stoichkov's team has had thus far even Switzerland would have reached at least the semis of the World Cup this year, it's bound to run out at some point. It's great to have luck on your side, no doubt but it's not something you can rely on.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
Anomander Rake is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 16:49
Premier Player
 
Korcari45's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Korce/Detroit
Teams: KS Skenderbeu
Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
3 points are 3 points. Liek Holland cares if they won v Albania 2-1 or 5-0 ... at this point.

We have 2 wins and 2 draws, including super diff games v Romania and v Holland. I think the campaign has started better than most expected. So far so good.

And stop with berbo attacks. He is teh best we have with valeri - for good or bad, he has no alternatives and he is a good Euro level striker. Berbo is not our problem by a mile ...

Albania got cheated out of that game after an excellent performance the Ref rooted for the Dutch to win. Albania has more Talent than Bulgaria and I hope you guys dont take that mentality against us. 1 fatal mistake against romania cost us the game as well as 1 dumb mistake in the holland game gave the dutch a 2-0 lead. After Holland Romania has the most Talented team inthe group but they are not grat and Bulgaria and Albania could very well beat them. A big Blow for Bulgaria if Petrov leaves the team.
Korcari45 is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 17:12 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclaw
Its luxembourg damn it, where else play good football than then. Why so few shots? We should have beaten them atleast 3 or 4 - 0
holland beat luxemburg 1-0 only tho so if holland beat them 1-0 and we beat them 1-0 i dont see what the problem is.. there is no weak teams anymore i mean look at malta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
ac_milan_foreva, I prefer us to play a good game and let the results come with time. You cannot understand that those results are only because of the loads of luck we got in those 4 games. The worst thing about luck though is that at some point it just stops working. The same way it stopped working in the last qualifying cycle. We were the best after the first 3-4 games, we were on the top of the wave, we equalized to Croatia after being 2 down... LOL - what a great coach is Stoichkov, right? Sounds familiar? What happened then? Shameful home losses against Croatia and Sweden, draws against MALTA and Hungary.

Results are products of the quality of the game, not of luck! You can be lucky once or twice in a cycle, but the class is there in every single game. Undortunately our results at the moment are product of some unbelievable luck and individiual insights. If we keep playing like that I expect a worse end than the one in the last qualifying cycle, and here I mean losses against opponents like Albania or Slovenia, not only against Holland and Romania.
i would have agreed with u but only if the game was in september and we had to play 3-4 more games in the next 2 months HOWEVER since there is a VERY long time till the next game i dont think how we played matters just that we got the 3 points. We do play like crap currently but the things that matters is we got the points and we can start off 2007 in a good position to qualify. As for romania and holland we have an even longer time till those games as for albania and belarus we will grind out the results there.
we will be a tottaly different team next year we always are i mean look at us in WC qualification we did pretty good in the fall then did horribly the next year. For last Euro quals we were beating belgium croatia and then after the new year it was more difficult as we got a draw with belgium and were not playing AS GOOD so i dont think how we played against luxemburg will reflect how we will play next year. Even if we totally destroyed luxemburg it wouldnt have meant anything. Then again i really emphasize that if a team like holland barely beats luxemburg then we should be happy if we get the same result. Its true we have been lucky but this luck will give us great confidence.

Last edited by ac_milan_foreva; October 12th, 2006 at 17:19.
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 17:13 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
ac_milan_foreva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Chicago, born in Bulgaria
Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korcari45
Albania got cheated out of that game after an excellent performance the Ref rooted for the Dutch to win. Albania has more Talent than Bulgaria and I hope you guys dont take that mentality against us. 1 fatal mistake against romania cost us the game as well as 1 dumb mistake in the holland game gave the dutch a 2-0 lead. After Holland Romania has the most Talented team inthe group but they are not grat and Bulgaria and Albania could very well beat them. A big Blow for Bulgaria if Petrov leaves the team.
yeah how many players do you have that play in teams like Juventus, and Tottenham. You must not know bulgaria football all that well to say that.
ac_milan_foreva is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 17:55
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player
 
deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
Posts: 3,512
Well, i sorta hope we never get to be compared to the "strong" teams of the likes of malta. As for holland, Van Basten himself was furious after that game and said that his team looked ridiculous.
deathclaw is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome