-----------------Bojinov-----------

My thoughts on how our formation should look like:

-------------D.Ivankov-------------
----Kirilov----Topcho----Tunchev----
Angelov----------------------Wagner
----------S.Petrov---Yankov---------
B.Georgiev----------------Petrov
----------Bojinov-----------\/--

Well although of the poor match for Peev, Kishishev, Topcho and Iankovich they will all likely figure in the first eleven against Slovenia(maybe not Iankovich). Personaly I think if we opt for the 4-5-1 we might have a bit of trouble in this match. So I think that 3 in a line ,with Angelov and Wagner as half backs would be a better option because Angelov showed that he is far better with his attacking duties then with the defensive duties he has.
In the midle of our defense we should hope that Topcho doesnt make the same mistakes he did against Romania. Tunchev looked good(2nd goal was an exception) so he should start as well. I can't think of of a really good defender to be our third for the match so I opted for Kirilov(although he made a few quite bad mistakes against the Welsh). Perhaps if they are 3 at the back with the support of the half backs Angelov and Wagner helping our defense will not look as Bad as it did against Romania. Because I thought the defese mainly strugled due to Stan and Kishishev's inability to play as typical game breakers. Without a defensive midfielder-who we don't possess our best bet is with half backs.
In the midle of the park Sten warrents a starting place and next to him we have a few options with Yankov being the most apropriate, despite his poor match with the youth squad.
On the wings Petrov and Georgiev. With Yovov and Telkiski as back ups if things don't work out. Hopefully This time around Petrov will play the way he played the last 10 minutes against Romania ,while Georgiev will show more then Peev who is out completly out of form.
In attack imo we have two options either we take out Yankov and play with two players in attack Bojinov and Iankovich, Domo or whoever alse we have or we play with only Bojinov in attack but Petrov close to him on the left flank.

There are many problems with both of this formations but in the end I think we really need to show that we deserve to progress in this group and the only way to show this is to beat Slovenia with good football and at least 2 goals.

Slovenia are a tough team that can take points out of most teams in our group, and it will be not an easy task to beat them but if our players play to their full capabilities I think this match should finnish in our favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2006, 20:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Well what can I say 4-5-1 worked this time, Iankovich with his two assists, Bojinov with his great and very important match and Petrov with his great determination decided this match for us.
We should have scored a goal in the first half but the refs disallowed a clear goal for Bojinov(quite beatifull) and ofcourse a PK for a foul on M.Petrov.

Slovenia also had reasons to be unhappy with the ref because in the secound half Tunchev held on to Novakovich's shirt and could have been shown a red card. He got a yellow while the free kick which was in a really good position was wasted by the Slovenians.

In the secound half after the substitution of Georgiev our squad came alive and Telkiski had a brilliant half to lift our team. The first goal was classy as Iankovich back heeled in the path of Bojinov and Bojinov had a cracker from 20 yards out.

After the goal Slovenia put us underpressure while Bojinov(who played a part of 3 games in the national teams for less then a week) was subbed in favor of Yovov. Yovov imidatly had an impact as he missed a sitter after beating the offside trap and the GK from less then 6 meters out he put his shot over the net.

Minutes latter after a courner which was passed short to Iankovich by Marto ,Iankovich passed back to Petrov who crossed/shot towards the goal of Slovenia. The Goal keeper made a mistake and was unable to stop the ball in time and it was judged as a goal with the ball clearly crossing the goal line. Petrov might have been a bit lucky but he deserved it after he clearly was the main ingine in our team.

The third came after brilliant technique by Telkiski, he got passed 3 defenders and placed a great ball into the net(for those who watched the secound Kievo match it was a dublicate of that goal but just in the other direction)

Great three points which we really needed after the bad match against Romania, hopefully the team plays the same way against Holland and gets at least a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2006, 20:53
Rookie

A link to the goals anyone?

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2006, 22:28
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopeleto
A link to the goals anyone?
didnt ya see the game itself?

ps - looks like with bgplay kinda death, this forum would benefit and become more lively,eh?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2006, 22:32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
didnt ya see the game itself?

ps - looks like with bgplay kinda death, this forum would benefit and become more lively,eh?
well, no, i am in sweden...
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2006, 10:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
i also want to see the goals ...

i was waiting on Europsort or Euronews but nothing ...

Good win. Good 3 points. But Slovenia is not a main player in this group. Romania and Holland are.

SUPER Bojinov! Amazing guy. He played in Roamnai game, less than 2 hrs was the main guy for teh U21 win and now for the NT!

I was laughing him when he said he can play for BG twice in a day, but he proved me wrong.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2006, 10:50
Rookie

Here is a link to the goals:

http://www.rojadirecta.com/foros/vie...light=bulgaria

You have to become a member to download, but that takes no time.

And, yes, Bojinov is pure GOLD! I am almost starting to believe that we
can steal a point from Holland in the next game.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2006, 11:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopeleto
Here is a link to the goals:

http://www.rojadirecta.com/foros/vie...light=bulgaria

You have to become a member to download, but that takes no time.

And, yes, Bojinov is pure GOLD! I am almost starting to believe that we
can steal a point from Holland in the next game.
fVck ...

i registered but teh process is complicated and at the end I had the file Zipped, but could not see it anyway ... any other place/way of seeing the goals?

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2006, 11:44
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
www.sport1.bg, posle otivash na videogaleria i gledash reportajite tam.
ako iskash.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2006, 11:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc
www.sport1.bg, posle otivash na videogaleria i gledash reportajite tam.
ako iskash.
A Super!

Bojinov is a Phenomenon!!! Their keeper is ultra stupid to try and catch this ball ... Mecho goal was quite cool. SAMO BOTEV

Good result. Holland will be a different story

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 00:44
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Wow we have very high hopes for this qualification and i believe we can go through... it will be tough against holland but i think we can steal a point. Then we have to be perfect against the other teams and i really hope romania starts loosing some points.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 10:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I dont have highh hopes at all to be honest. We dont play well, and got super lucky in Konstanca. Holland is much better than BG and Romania too. We will suffer against Albania and Belarus, even away to Slovenia.

We do have chances and this start is very possitive it terms of results but lets not get carried away. We still have serious problems in this team - the defense, the coach, etc.

Next game will show our true metal. If we stay alive and dont lose we will be a serious fav for one of teh two places.

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 11:56
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I am sorry guys, I don't mean to be offensive or to insult you, but if you'll continue like this you have no chance. Your team sucked, really I expected you to be far better but you are not. Not at the moment.:undecide: Which leads us to us, if you are that poor, imagine what a crap we are at the moment.

I just have to defend our keeper, it was a stupid mistake to make really, especially for shuch a highly experienced keeper, but this really was a one in a million. I can't count all the occasions when he saved us in the past. He's class!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 22:32
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
I dont have highh hopes at all to be honest. We dont play well, and got super lucky in Konstanca. Holland is much better than BG and Romania too. We will suffer against Albania and Belarus, even away to Slovenia.

We do have chances and this start is very possitive it terms of results but lets not get carried away. We still have serious problems in this team - the defense, the coach, etc.

Next game will show our true metal. If we stay alive and dont lose we will be a serious fav for one of teh two places.
yeah but romania have problems too... this is the good thing about a balkan group is that we are all so incosistent and u dont know what to expect from us... romania slovenia or albania dont scare me while if it was a western european team i will be scared. I think we can do it.
we didnt really show that good football the last 2 games but what i saw was players like bojinov and petrov who are something special and can REALLY play at crucial times... and when we get berbo back we should have a killer attack, one that is too hot to handle for slovenia and romania... besides we have 1 month until next game so hopefully we will be injury free by than and our players will be at the peak of their sporting form.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 02:11
Rookie

I really don't think that our attack is better with Berbatov. Bojinov is way more allround and has a *much* better "killer-instinct".

But, really, most of our problems are with the defense and the freaky coach - if one can call Hristo a coach (I mean Peev against Romania - come on, he has hardly even played in his club team...)
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 02:20
International

Well well Bojinov just scored his first goal for the NT and now suddenly he is better and more usefull than Berbatov, typical levski fan
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 02:30
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
well no matter how you look at it, Berbatov is a waste of attacking force for the national team since the Euro 2004. He was very useful player in that qualifying cycle, but after that he is practically useless. He scored a goal vs Croatia, and then... nothing...
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 02:42
International

He scored 7 times in the WC qualifications, that's hardly nothing, but i guess you would have done better
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 04:12
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Croatia - Bulgaria 1
Iceland - Bulgaria 2
Bulgaria - Malta 2
Bulgaria - Sweden 0
Hungary - Bulgaria 0
Bulgaria - Croatia 0
Sweden - Bulgaria 0
Bulgaria - Iceland 1
Bulgaria - Hungary 1
Malta - Bulgaria 0

that is what I meant. Every good player would score to Malta or Iceland. Ya, I can say he was good for us in that cycle, but not great, and definitely not deserving an unquestianable place in the starting lineup...
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 14:40
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
that is what I meant. Every good player would score to Malta or Iceland.
So how many good players do we have?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in