U21 Bulgaria 2 Croatia 1 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 14:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
U21 Bulgaria 2 Croatia 1

I think our U21 NT merits a sep thread here.

After beating 3-0 Ukraine away, our guys lived up to teh task and won against Croatia 2-1 on Sunday in Sofia. Goals by Bojinov and I.Popov. Bojinov and Jankov played one half less than 24 hours after they played against Romania.

Now we wait for the Draw on Friday to see whom are we facing in the last 32.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 16:28
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Bojinov was MOTM from what I heard, scored a goal and got the assist for Popov, hopefully he can bring this form into the Senior team against Slovenia.

Yankov on the other hand did not fare as well ,but I think Yankov is still not quite recovered 100% after his injury and the long summer brake. I know that the Hannover coach has said something in the lines of
"Yankov is yet to be at the level that he can help the squad ,but I think that once he gets back to full fitness he will figure a more active role in my plans."

It's not quite well translated but I got it off a Hannover Forum so it might be true.

Any way I hope we get lucky and face an easy team in the play offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2006, 16:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
congrats to Bulgaria, Bojinov was class ahead of all the players on the field. Croatia played better, had more chances but Bulgaria finished their chances

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2006, 11:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

HS/las

did you see the game?

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2006, 13:33
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
I watched the highlights match on Euro Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2006, 14:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
HS/las

did you see the game?
I listened to it on the radio, basically if it wasn't for Bojinov, the match would have ended in a draw or Croatia would pull out with a win
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2006, 16:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
I listened to it on the radio, basically if it wasn't for Bojinov, the match would have ended in a draw or Croatia would pull out with a win

u know that it was the croatian radio no cause NG press says sth a bit different today ...

anyway ...

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 00:53
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
I think our U21 NT merits a sep thread here.

After beating 3-0 Ukraine away, our guys lived up to teh task and won against Croatia 2-1 on Sunday in Sofia. Goals by Bojinov and I.Popov. Bojinov and Jankov played one half less than 24 hours after they played against Romania.

Now we wait for the Draw on Friday to see whom are we facing in the last 32.
Good luck!
its not the last 32 its the last 14 as 7 teams go through and along with holland will play in the u21 championship.... now the big dilemma is does bojinov play for holland or for the u21 games... personally i think if berbatov and maybe S.Todorov are both fit and ready they should start against holland, because without bojinov our u21 is doomed.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 10:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Its a serious dilema though. Bojinov showed v Slovenia he is the best (along with Berbo may be) attacking force we have. He gives teh NT sth we dont have otherwise (power, speed and great shot from mid distance) and will be hard to let him go.
On teh other hand, U21 with him is a serious force and without him is probably average.

lets see who is the "enemy" today and then we will see ...

The Draw is at 1 PM CET

Seeded: Port, Ita, Belg, Fra, Ger, Ser, Czechs
Unseeded: Spain England Rus, Swe, Israel, BiH, Bulgaria

Port and Fra will be horrid. Ger and Ita is not much better. I dont know the U21 that well, but seems like Belg and may be Chechia is the best option. Will be fun to get teh Serbs. They have a pretty solid track record in U formations I think, but they always claim to be in a league of their own on this level in the Balkans (not surpisingly coming from them ) that it also makes me wanna play them and check ...

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 11:33
Rookie

Bojinov is our best attacking force - both NT and U21 (Berbo just does not perform when it counts, and I don't just mean the game towards Romania).

I suspect that Hristo will want Bojinov to play towards Holland. At least I
hope he does.

U21: Serbia would be the best outcome. I think out team can play on the same level as them. With Bojinov on the team we will eliminate them.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 11:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
ha!

Our U21 team will rip you to shreds (to continue in the way Bono expects us to ), I hope we get you guys, cause we're no Croatia, we're the masters of the Balkan!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K®Le
ha!

Our U21 team will rip you to shreds (to continue in the way Bono expects us to ), I hope we get you guys, cause we're no Croatia, we're the masters of the Balkan!
p there you go - classic Yugo upbringing child living in the past Still thinks Beograd is the center of anything else but his own small country.

AND - we are neither Croatia nor Serbia ... i.e. we have no inferior complexes or common recent history to share. So, dont try your Yugo tricks and attacks on us ... it woudl not work.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:12
Xtratime Legend

I was only talking about football Bono, but trust you to bring in politics and turn this into a low level flame war. Tsk, tsk! :thmbdown:

Our U21's made the semi's at the last EC and the final the one before that. Our U19's made the semi's at the last EC and this generation is a mix of the previous one and those same U19's. Honestly, I think our youth is top shelf and shouldn't fear any of these opponents. I'm not saying we'll win at any cost, but we sure have the potential to do so.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Its Serbia Sweden ... lucky you!

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I was only talking about football Bono, but trust you to bring in politics and turn this into a low level flame war. Tsk, tsk! :thmbdown:

Point taken sorry ...

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:18
Xtratime Legend

Don't worry man, we're not like you to hold grudges for almost a 100 years.

And good luck in your qualifier, if not now, I hope to crush you at the EC!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

BELGIUM!!!

Super ... bets draw ever. We avoided Fra and Port, even Italy at the end when it was 50-50 chance ...

1st game is away ...

AJJ KANARIIII!!!

opa ... AJDDEEE NASTE!!!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Don't worry man, we're not like you to hold grudges for almost a 100 years.
No???? what abt Kosovo Pole

anywway - good luck v Swe. I mean it!

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 18:35
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Our U21's made the semi's at the last EC and the final the one before that. Our U19's made the semi's at the last EC and this generation is a mix of the previous one and those same U19's.

well ask the the finalist from 3 months ago - Ukraine. They should know better...

As for Belgium - I think the best draw of all...we certainly have chance to advance.

About Bojinov - depends on when the games start... he played 2 games in 2 consecutive days, now we can try him in 2 games in one day. For example - BG-Bel at 16:00 on "Bulgarska armia", scores 2, the game ends, and then he sprints the 500 meters to the national stadium to play BG-Netherlands at 18:00... scores another 1 or 2, we win the game and everybody is happy. LOL ....
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 22:29
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
Our U21's made the semi's at the last EC and the final the one before that. Our U19's made the semi's at the last EC and this generation is a mix of the previous one and those same U19's.

well ask the the finalist from 3 months ago - Ukraine. They should know better...

As for Belgium - I think the best draw of all...we certainly have chance to advance.

About Bojinov - depends on when the games start... he played 2 games in 2 consecutive days, now we can try him in 2 games in one day. For example - BG-Bel at 16:00 on "Bulgarska armia", scores 2, the game ends, and then he sprints the 500 meters to the national stadium to play BG-Netherlands at 18:00... scores another 1 or 2, we win the game and everybody is happy. LOL ....
lol im sure it will all work out.. if berbo has hit form by then i really think he should start as the lone striker as against holland we will need to be rock solid and we should try to get like a 0-0 draw or something. also we do have other strikers.. i think manchev stayed at levante so lets hope he can be of service.. S. Todorov can play well too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in