Ukraine 0:3 Bulgaria (U21) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 20:36 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Ukraine 0:3 Bulgaria (U21)

Great start for our national team. The presence of Valeri Bojinov, Genkov, Valeri Domovchiyski and Chavdar Yankov paid off as we start the euro qualifications with an away victory against the favourites of Ukraine(they were 2nd on the last Euro Champioonship).

Here is our starting lineup:
Nikolay Mihaylov
Plamen Nikolov
Jivko Milanov
Peter Zanev
Borislav Stoychev
Todor Palankov
Stanislav Manolev
Chavdar Yankov
Valeri Bojinov
Dimo Atanasov
Valeri Domovchiyski

Last edited by pe3ucTop; August 16th, 2006 at 20:49.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 20:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Croatia's team is average I would say, should be a good game in Sofia. Croatia U21's drew with Italy 0:0, I am nervous about this match because last qualifiers you beat us in Sofia
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 20:53 Thread Starter
Rising Star

well it all depends on whether we will use our best players in the U21 team or in our "A" Team.

The last 4 players + Milanov could easily be drawn to the first team for the game vs Romania... so... I do not know what kind of team we will offer you. But still, I think we have good chance of advancing...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 23:24
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Yea it all depends on who is called up for the Senior squad still I think it's save to say that at least Valeri Domovchiyski will be in the squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 10:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I remeber reading that this (Ukr) wa steh last U21 game for Yankov and Bojonov? is it true? if yes - is b/s Hristo will call them in the NT or b/s they hit the age treshold?

Either way - very solid result. We havent had such a good youth team (any age) for quite a while.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 13:06 Thread Starter
Rising Star

this is a journalist myth... they just made it up as some kind of news. Every player who started the qualifying cycle is allowed to play in the team, no matter whether he hits the allowed aged on the way... And I cannot imagine that any media(or man) on this world is able to predict any decision that Stoichkov will make. They might miss this game but if we go through, they will be able to play on the barage matches and on the finals of the Euro championship tournament
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 13:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
this is a journalist myth... they just made it up as some kind of news. Every player who started the qualifying cycle is allowed to play in the team, no matter whether he hits the allowed aged on the way... And I cannot imagine that any media(or man) on this world is able to predict any decision that Stoichkov will make. They might miss this game but if we go through, they will be able to play on the barage matches and on the finals of the Euro championship tournament
Does it mean that theoretically a player can play both NT and U21 games in teh same campaign? I gues she can from what you are saying, and I even think I remmeber one or two cases liek that ... of course, practically speaking, it will be close to impossible - preparation time, etc, esp when the games are the same week

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:11 Thread Starter
Rising Star

sure they can, the problem is that the game vs Romania is on 2nd of Sept and the game vs Croatia is on 3d... so...I dunno, Bojinov said that he would very much like to play in both games but I am not sure if this is a good idea...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 16:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

and probably have a a Juve game or two days before and/or after ... but valeri knows how to speak big

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 00:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Croatia U21 manager (Drazen Ladic) went to the match and was impressed with Bulgaria. He said that despite them playing well against Italy that they must be careful about playing Bulgaria in Sofia.

The good news for Croatia is there is no qualifiers for the first team on the weekend of September 2 so that means guys like Modric, Corluka and maybe even Kranjcar can play

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in