Euro Cups 06/07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 124 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2006, 09:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Euro Cups 06/07

Well with the season over we got to make a little summery of what I expect the next year, I don't really care that much about domestic football but the European Cups is something I might even go to the stadiums to watch, as I did this year.
So here are our Euro warriors:

Levski(CL)-Well after this year's heroic displays Levski will be seeded, great news for this young team ,my hope is that Levski don't sell anyone and Borimirov is fit for one more season and in the same form as he has been this one. Levski will have a realistic chance to get in the CL groups, but we should'nt get over confident because Levski will have to take this qualifing really seriously every team they get will have to be really well scouted.
Levski will likely keep all their players and with only Topcho and Gonzo likely to go, they have a young and hungry squad who can play great in defence with perhaps the best defencive midfield in Bulgarian football for the last 10 years. They have really strong wing players and ofcourse young and very versitale attack, perhaps they will have to strengthen the defence this summer and get one more creative midfielder football player.

CSKA(UC)-Well all I can say is that it's all down to Markov if he can this team to play next season they are guaranteed to get to the UEFA groups, if they don't it will be a great failure. Nothing much to say about CSKA perhaps a few players will leave and Plamen will really need to fix the defence which is CSKA's huge weakness. If he is able to do so CSKA should have no trouble getting to the Group Stages. PErhaps Gergorov will leave but with Trika ,Ivanov etc in the midfield it really shouldnt be a problem.

Litex(UC)-Perhaps one forward ,one defender ,and one creative midfielder is all Litex needs ,they have perhaps the best ever coach who has coached in BG. They have a really strong squad but their attack lacks with only Novakovich being good ,Litex is a team with great spirit and are able to play both Counter attacking and pressure football. They have a stable midfield that from time to time lacks creativity but the wings make up for that. They have a defence that perhaps needs one player to be great ,but the real problem they have in defence is actually comitment rather then quality. If Lubko is able to get his defenders to chase every ball and always give 100% the defence will have no problems. Litex needs a little luck with the draw but I think they will repeat their feat from last season getting into the group stages.

Loko Sofia(UC)-Well what can I say this team will be an Enigma next season, they need alot of luck to qualify and will need at a really good selection. They have problems in attack ,in defence and in the midfield ,I think they are a better then Cherno More but it will be a miracle if they get to the group stages. They have a good coach but it will be really down to what kind of form they are in at the start of the season. Loko have a tendency to go missing in big matches and their mentality will have to be worked upon. We need to see what kind of transfers they make through out the summer to really understand if they will stand a chance in the qualifing rounds because they are unseeded what ever they do, it has been 10 years since they last were in Europe thus they have already fullfilled a large part of their ambitions.

Loko Plovdiv(Intertoto)-I'm really happy that Loko is going into the Intertoto they have a good squad which now is financally stable and they can cause upsads in that tournament ,this is the best option for Intertoto and hopefully Loko will capitalise. They still have the 4th best squad in Bulgaria if you ask me, who would have though that after selling 5 of their best players they would still play some great matches. Perhaps they will make a nice little selection, we need to see what players they buy and perhaps we will have a real chance to get a team winning the Intertoto cup ,even though there will be quite strong teams in that cup. But the Intertoto cup is a bit of chance wether the big teams will take it really seriously or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2006, 14:05
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Good idea for forming such a thread!

I have high expectations for the top 3 teams given that they seem up and ready for "attacking" the Euro competitions. Maybe the most worrying Levski because they seem the most prepared for Europe and this has often made them "fly in the sky" for dreams about CL and then some awkward team brings them back to earth. Im a bit sceptical for the two Lokomotiv's though. Loko Sofia look fit but, as it happened to us during the last few seasons, the lack of experience in Europe + unfavourable seeding would harshly work against them. For us, normally I would say that Intertoto would be a good scene for our team given the current strenght at the moment but I also find it worrying how there are constant rumours of players leaving and no rumours are players to be bought. At least if there is a financial stability in the club, it doesnt yet seem to show results.
post #3 of 124 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2006, 23:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Against all odds at least from what I though was the natural plan of action ,Stoilov is looking to sell either Domo or Angelov.

CSKA have loaned Murat their MVP for this season to some B-2 side in Germany. While aquiring Petrov who will stay with Loko for the Intertoto cup.

Litex are all quite on the northen front.

Quote:
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...

post #4 of 124 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2006, 06:08
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Stoilov is not looking to sell anybody. That's the saddest part. In Bulgaria the coaches are not those who decide who is to be sold and who's to stay. They are not managers, they are coaches.

The president of the club said that he expects an offer for Domovchiyski untilthe end of last week. Last week is over and there is no news for an offer. Furthermore, I could remind u some of the other mind games that Batkov is playing with the fans:

June last year: "We are going to buy at least 3 new players until the start of preseason prep." => result: Bardon was the only one to come to Levski and it happened 1 month after the start of the championship. Litteratly in the last minute.

November last year: "Levski will get 2 new players - internationalplayers of their countries" => result: Levski did not get anybody in the winter break.

So ... do not believe Batkov, whatever he says.
post #5 of 124 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2006, 11:18
Premier Player

You shouldnt always accept a sale of players as negative for the team. Even if Levski was to keep the exactly same squad for the next season, that doesnt guarantee that they will perform as good. Its inevitable that some players will do better by having such a season behind their back (Valeri) but others(the already experienced such as Topuzakov, Telkiiski, maybe even Bardon) will do worse as may bekome sort of arrogant thinking that they would score a goal to the "smaller" teams before even the game has started. Levski, after all, has that bad habit of underestimating. Besides, I still havent heard of what Borimirov is planning to do and he was a key figure this season, regardless of his age. This season, however, he may not be the same and alternative for his position will definitely be needed.
post #6 of 124 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2006, 14:02
Rising Star

Borimirov said he can play for at least two more years And quite frankly - I believe him. As far as Iknow he signed a 1 year extension to his conract so... he will play for Levski at least until 2007
post #7 of 124 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2006, 09:32
unnamed1

I think Levski will Q for CL, CSKA and Litex will have a good run in the Uefa cup..... At leat one of them will make the group stage, maybe bothe...

Plovdiv is not the same team anymore, over the last 3-4 years Lokomotiv wos one of the best team but after the murder of the president many things did changes to the negative, mostly the economy....

Loko Sofia i think is your weakest spot in this euro cups, I wish that Vardar or Makedonija Gjorce Petrov gett Loko in the first uefa round.. If we gett CSKA or Litex is over for us but Lokomotiv Sofia is a team we can beat... But we the bad luck we have in drowns i would not bee suprised if Vardar gett CSKA and Litex play Makedonija...

WE hade bad luck in intertoto drow,, Farul from Romania,, If Pobeda win they will face Lokomotiv Plovdiv in 2 round,, interesting Macedonian-Bulgarian derby,,, Plovdiv is a team who hade many macedonians over the last 3-4 years,, ther best period in the clubbs history so macedonians is the key to succes -)))))))

BTW, Robert Petrov signed with CSKA and Levski set to sign Darko Tasevski and Robert Popov allrady play with Litex LOvec,, Popov is the best Litex player !

Last edited by unnamed1; June 17th, 2006 at 09:40.
post #8 of 124 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2006, 14:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Well nothing is certain anymore with CSKA I have no idea what the hell is happening there they are signing players yet are talking about selling their best players. I'm confused but with this uncertanty surrounding the club it's going to be tough for P.Markov to get his players motivated for the UC. Hopefully things becoming clear before the start of the UC otherwise CSKA might just have an year to forget.

Quote:
post #9 of 124 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2006, 19:51
Rising Star

Naume, sorry to disappoint you but Robert Popov is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from being Litex' best player. He is not even a key player for them.

As for Tasevski - I posted a message in the Macedonian board... He is not coming to Levski...
post #10 of 124 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2006, 20:00
unnamed1

[QUOTE=pe3ucTop]Naume, sorry to disappoint you but Robert Popov is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from being Litex' best player. He is not even a key player for them.QUOTE]

Well thats very hard words from you since Popov wos Litex best player in Uefa cup and when he gott the injury during the winter break Litex did miss him very much against Strasbourg.... Thats my opinion anyway
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 11:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I think Popov was one of Litex's better players when it mattered but Novakovich ,Venkov , Kaye were of greater importance

Quote:
post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2006, 13:33
Premier Player

Quite an exotic draw
post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 09:33
Rookie

Litex Lovech did have some good results in their pre-season matches. They won last week from SK Roeselare(plays in the UEFA-cup, against Vardar Skopje) with 4-1, Racing Genk 3-0 and Club Brugge 2-1

I went to the match Litex Lovech - Club Brugge , which was played on an amateur pitch in Hoenderloo(a small town in the Netherlands) yesterday. There where around 100 spectators, mostly Bruges fans.

After half an hour playing Bruges took the lead and that was still the score after half-time. In the second half Litex got more chances and in the last twenty minutes they scored twice.

Best players on Litex side where Genchev(he made the 1-1), and rightback Berberovic. Both players played the second half.
post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 10:30
Rising Star

Yep, they have a pretty solid team and one of the best coaches who ever worked in Bulgaria - Lupko Petrovic.
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 10:32
Rising Star

btw, Lokomotiv Pd were eliminated yesterday from the UEFA Intertoto tournament. They drew 1:1 vs Farul(Romania) and having lost the first leg 2:1 they are out of the tournament.
post #16 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 11:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Sad for Loko, I though they would bring a nice team to Sofia so I can watch their next matches instead they get thrown out. Not that I had that much hope still they could have done better ,hope our other teams have better luck.

Quote:
post #17 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 12:06
Rookie

I hope Levski will reach the group stage of the Champions League and then they will play matches in The Netherlands, Belgium or near the border in Germany.

Last season I went to the away matches against SC Heerenveen and Schalke and to the home match against Bratislava.

The way the supporters support their team is really great to see!
post #18 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 12:47
Rising Star

witte leeuw, are you Bulgarian?
post #19 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 12:57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
witte leeuw, are you Bulgarian?
No i'm dutch why?
post #20 of 124 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 15:15
Rising Star

well, your interest in Bulgarian football is quite interesting
so... how come?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in