Bulgarian Leage - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 172 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 09:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Bulgarian Leage

Actually looking like a normal leage now.
CSKA in crisis and not being able to win matches which is normal when I team in most other countries gets into a hole. But in Bulgaria this is viewed as some sort of enigma, simply this is a sign of our leage improving. Anyway if Levski dont sell their players in the summer and win just one more match, perhaps they will get seeded and play with a weaker team in the CL qualifing knock out stages.
Litex in crisis so is Loko Sofia and the match of these two struggling teams will decide who comes and gets the 3rd spot. Also Cherno More could get the 4th one through the cup which would be great for them but I think they lack the quality to be in the UEFA cup. Also alot of teams are looking towards the Intertoto cup this season but I bet it will be either Loko Sf ,Litex or Loko Pld that gets that spot depending on who wants it and needs it more.
Although Levski will probably not losse untill the end of the season which will once again prove we have perhaps a weak leage, there are definetly signs that our leage is improving. I might even start to watch the games they show on Cable here more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 172 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 09:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I hope you are right. Some friends told me there are serious changes with the refs, hence they feel more free to actually perform a 50/50 game.

The fact that CSKA gain only 1 point in 3 games could mean many things. One possible scenario is that Stivie O actually has more power and influence than we all think and he is getting rid of Jesic. However, everyone says CSKA plays really bad, so results are right - the great thing is , you are right, that they didnt get any extra help to avoid that and got what they deserve.

Levski losing to Cerno More is another good sign.

As a friend said: every time CSKA or Levski lose, its good for Bulgarian football, so I am happy

Seriously though - I hope you are right. I hope the League is getting normal a little bit and the two big clubs stop getting the big favors they get since the WWII. I also noticed sth else - there are more and more draws and wins for the visiting teams. One of the big issues again is that Refs have always been giving adv to the home side as a rule. It was happening with my own team too - we would always get some fav calls at home, a penalty, a not called offside, several free nicks, etc.

post #3 of 172 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 10:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
I find it funny how everytime a team in Bulgaria losses some matches the coach has to leave this mentility has to change. Ferario Spasov last season literally made CSKA team ,able to win the championship yet he was fired now Jesis is being called to resign by many jurnalists. FFS I mean CSKA buys 8 players they sell 4 of their most important players Zabavnic, Maksich ,Guye and the other Moldovian Keeper yet people think the new players should play well from the first match. Thats so fvcking unrealistic ,I do have some issues with Jesic the fact that in some matches he doesnt play a forward player like in Prague or against LEvski, but thats my only issue with him.
I remeber alot of people who said Stoilov should resign after Levski lost to Publicum and those people were Levski fans, FFS this also has to change.
I have never had problems with ref's I watch enough games with Juve, Barca ,RM ,or anyother big teams in Europe to know that the ref's are not the main problem. ITs the Balkan mentility, to put pressure on the ref's after every bad decision like Batkov did after Shalke that is just not a normal way of acting. It happens in Europe but rarelly.
Fans of a team should be a little more pattient even if CSKA or Litex are not performing I think that getting rid of the coaches will only make further problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls

post #4 of 172 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 11:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I am reading Jesic is out already. App Boshkov has decided last night and will announce it today.

In general I agree with you but different teams have different tolerance levels. I read that CSKA has equal its negative record from 1984 - 4 games without a win. Its not a lot but for a team like CSKA, with all teh Party and BFS support they used to and still enjoy + all teh money they have, its a lot.

post #5 of 172 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 10:43
Premier Player

The reason could also be that more teams dispose of greater amounts of money, if we take my Vihren for example, one hears stuff...you know...
I don't believe anything has changed, just the players are more nowadays
post #6 of 172 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 11:16
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
well, it seems to be Markov now...

But if I gotta talk about the league, it hasnt changed an inch in terms of competitiveness. I mean its nice to see the current number 1 being overtaken but we were talking about seven(7) points difference, melted down in a few games.Also, when we mention overtaking, when was the last time that we saw Levski/CSKA falling into a crisis that,say, drops them to any place below the top 3? The CSKA team performance is shite.Not doubt! But if they wanted to win they have the power to do anything from bribing to parking the bus in front of the goal(Note to non-BG forum readers: The latter method was a joke and is not actually been tried..yet)
post #7 of 172 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 14:16
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by luba
The reason could also be that more teams dispose of greater amounts of money, if we take my Vihren for example, one hears stuff
Don't worry,if we do away w/ your Vihren,you can go back to supporting the Number One

I personally want a system w/ maximum number of clubs in the top division, so the max. number of people can enjoy when Levski comes to town. I only wish that more money are poured into infrastructure. The Ticha hillocks gave me the creeps everytime a Levski player went down in the cup fixture before the Schalke game...
post #8 of 172 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 16:30
Premier Player

going back to something implies having abandoned it, which never happened, and I am sure by Number One you meant Milan
post #9 of 172 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 17:04
Rising Star

Who is now Number One???

Where is Batko???

hahahhahah

One big heart you have, luba

Last edited by LevskiSofiaFC; April 5th, 2006 at 17:22.
post #10 of 172 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 13:33
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
A comment taken from the sport section on www.capital.bg

Шест аргумента за bg футбола
Първенството на А група повишава интригата и аудиторията си

Допреди по-малко от година българският клубен футбол си беше спечелил имидж на сектор на победилия марксизъм.

Като работници на заплата футболистите си бяха спечелили статута на най-важния обект в предприятието и имаха привилегията да получават по-голямата част от сумите, постъпващи във фирмата. При това, без да постигат реални резултати. Фирмите, тоест футболните клубове, се чувстваха много комфортно в тази обстановка, тъй като можеха да си купят всеки футболен мач, който пожелаят, или да го продадат, ако резултатът не е толкова важен за тях. Купуваха се титли, медали и места. В резултат на това до септември 2005 г. хората почти престанаха да ходят на стадиона.
Последните седем месеца обаче се оказаха повратни за по-доброто развитие на българския клубен футбол. Случайно или не, този процес започна с класирането на трите български отбора - „Левски“, ЦСКА и „Литекс“, в груповата фаза на турнира за Купата на УЕФА. Към днешна дата съществуват поне шест причини да се очаква, че най-популярният спорт в България ще възвърне изгубените си стойности и ще бъде в състояние да предложи на зрителите онзи вид качествен спектакъл без сценарий, който е фундаменталната основа на футболния бизнес.

Намаляване на корупцията в първенството

Този процес започна със свалянето от власт на бившия президент на БФС Иван Славков и замяната му с Борислав Михайлов. Михайлов и президентът на Професионалната лига Валентин Михов заложиха на програма за намаляване на броя на договорените резултати и очевидно до момента успяват. От началото на пролетния дял например ЦСКА загуби седем точки, което позволи на „Левски“ да догони съперника си за титлата точно преди дербито между двата отбора на 2 април. „Литекс“ и „Локомотив“ (Sof) водят оспорвана битка за третото място, при това далеч извън познатия сценарий, при който всичко се решава в прекия двубой помежду им - и двата отбора губят мачове и точки като гости. Силно представящият се състав на „Левски“ бе елиминиран в турнира за Купата на България със загуба 2:3 от „Черно море“ във Варна в драматичен двубой. Битката за четирите места в европейските клубни турнири е оспорвана, а отбори като „Берое“ и „Беласица“ декларираха желанието си да участват в преформатирания турнир на УЕФА „Интертото“. На практика толкова интересен футболен шампионат не е имало в последните десет години.

Повишаване на зрителския интерес

Статистиката сочи, че е налице повишаване на броя на зрителите по стадионите, особено от началото на пролетния дял на първенството. По данни на Професионалната лига за 19-ия кръг от първенството на А група например седемте мача са събрали обща аудитория от близо 30 000 зрители. За сравнение, предишният шампионат е приключил с посещаемост от 14 000 души. В края на сезона най-вероятно ще бъде отчетена най-високата аудитория за последните пет години с над 4000 зрители средно на мач, особено ако тенденцията за футболно първенство без сценарий се запази.

Устойчив телевизионен рейтинг

Футболното първенство на А група регистрира забележителен резултат в битката за рейтинг с другото най-гледано спортно състезание в същия часови пояс - шампионата на Формула 1. Шест години след връщането на Формула 1 в национален ефир, след като от 2000 г. насам автомобилната надпревара вървеше по кабелни телевизии, на 12 март състезанието в Бахрейн съвпадна по време на излъчване с футболния мач „Литекс“ - ЦСКА. Данните на TV Plan/TNS отчетоха, че мачът в Ловеч е имал аудитория от 584 000 зрители по Канал 1 срещу 520 000 за излъчваната по Би Ти Ви Формула 1. Въпреки че става въп*рос за два различни продукта и специфична аудитория, данните сочат устойчивост и конкурентност в телевизионния рейтинг, при това срещу едно от най-големите зрелища в съвременния спорт.

Готовност на телевизиите да купуват български футбол

Другата важна тенденция е склонността на националните телевизии да плащат високи суми за качествен български футбол. Тя се прояви в последния месец и половина, когато вървеше договарянето за излъчване на футболните срещи на „Левски“ и „Литекс“ от европейските клубни турнири. По неофициални данни БНТ, Би Ти Ви и „Нова телевизия“ са платили общо над 260 000 евро за прякото предаване на седем мача с участието на „Левски“ и „Литекс“ и един на запис („Страсбург“ - „Литекс“). Подобна сума беше немислима през предишните сезони, когато преговорите със собствениците на тв правата продължаваха буквално до деня на мача и не се знаеше дали ще има излъчване. Сега БНТ плати около 115 000 евро за мачове на „Левски“ и „Литекс“, Би Ти Ви откупи срещу 30 000 евро двубоя на сините с „Артмедия“ в Търнава, а „Нова телевизия“ даде около 115 000 евро за двете срещи между „Левски“ и „Шалке 04“. Очевидно е, че при предстоящото договаряне на тв правата за следващия футболен шампионат собственикът им SV - RSA ще бъде в позиция да поиска по-високи суми, особено ако качеството на спектакъла се запази до края на настоящото първенство.

Тенденция към подобряване на качеството

БФС и Професионалната лига афишираха желание да редуцират по естествен път броя на отборите, участващи в А група, тъй като все още има доста голяма разлика в класите между водещите отбори и тези в дъното на класирането. За целта двете централи декларираха намерението си да прилагат стриктно задължителните лицензионни критерии на УЕФА, в резултат на които например отборът на „Пирин“ бе изваден в началото на шампионата от А група. Тези критерии опират най-вече до подобряване на стадионите и инфраструктурата, както и до финансова и счетоводна прозрачност.

В очакване на сделката с мобилните оператори

Според някои прогнози през лятото на 2007 г. би трябвало на дневен ред да излезе и сделката с мобилните оператори за разпространяване на картина в реално време с най-интересните моменти от футболните срещи - нещо, което в момента е хит в Западна Европа. Новата технология 3G, при която потребителят може да гледа на дисплея на мобилния си телефон всеки гол от най-интересните мачове от кръга само няколко минути след като бъде отбелязан, със сигурност ще вкара свежи пари в касите на клубовете. Показателно е, че и трите мобилни оператора в страната - „Мобилтел“, „Вивател“ и „Глобул“, в момента парт*нират с „Левски“, ЦСКА и националния отбор.

By Stanil Yotov

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #11 of 172 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 16:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Very good read!

post #12 of 172 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 21:31
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Its rather naive, written in a typically BG style i.e. based on bias!

- There is no clear reason as to why the teams did well in Europe this season in contrast with before. Its true that there were some plans for youth involvements within the first team by Levski and quite a substantial, for BG standarts, investment in Litex but for Levski and particularly CSKA, they have always had the chances to "attack" Europe and yet they do something memorable once in 10 seasons. The author is an idiot to discuss changes based on performance in Europe within a season. If Im to do the same, based on the last season, I would claim the BG football to be dead.

- Hmm, right! Levski and CSKA swap places and all of a sudden this is the most interesting season ever. If my memory serves me well, this was claimed to happen in 2003/4 when Lokomotiv won the season with the first 4 teams being really close to one another till the latest stages. Yet, that didnt change anything. As for Intertoto, its the changed tournament itself that got more teams interested, nothing within the Bulgarian football itself.

- Ill leave the subject on how accurate the attendance figures may be since I really do believe as well that the attendance this season is better. B.U.T...they seem to be working on that with teams like Botev and Nafteks supposedly on its way to B Grupa and replaced by...Conegliano i.e. a CSKA satellite with virtually no fan base.

- Lots of the information related to the TV rights and the revenues from them circles around the Euro performance. If the season in Europe was as bad as the last one, the sales within BG themselves would suffer.

- If those licenses are to be applied strictly, A grupa may not even be able to have 8 teams. At the same time, teams that dont play in A grupa for lots of years tend to lose their fan base to either Levski or CSKA, thus making the richer even more rich.

- These mobile operators will only further make sure that the 2 bigger Sofia teams wont love their monopoly by pilling money into them every season, money enough to make a serious contender out of any A grupa team. And Globul sponsoring the national team? Bleh!

We can only talk about a progress in a few consistent seasons, something that Turkish, Russian and to some extent, Romanian clubs have. Now its way too early!
post #13 of 172 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 19:41
Rising Star

I agree w/ you that the article is pretty full of shite, especially the part that deals w/ finances and the likes. If I can add, the author has proved himself as biased and misinformed on issues concerning bg football repeatedly over his career. :thmbdown:

Capital - the most renomed bg newspaper. Another one of those shocks we discussed in the Levski-Schalke thread.

But I think you are missing an important factor behind Levski's euro-tour this year, which makes all look less surprising. All starters have substantial international experience, in terms of both seasons and games. And somehow Stoilov taught them to play some really flowing football, both in the UEFA cup and the domestic championship. I for one do not remember a Bulgarian team playing in such style - it looks more like Romanian w/ a lot of short passes, than the traditional Bulgarian game w/ quick wingers and a pivot central forward. :eekani:

CSKA Sofia w/ Jeshic and Litex w/ Petrovic play the Serbian game of bide and bit, which traditionally has had success in Europe. So there is a clear reason - some good coaches taking advantage of highly experienced players. And attendance has been rising, both because people want to see the euro-fighters live week in and week out, and - unbelievable as it is - David vs. Goliath match ups have become quite unpredictable since Slavkov fell.
post #14 of 172 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 20:38
Premier Player

I used to like Capital until I read an absolutely ridiculous article a few months ago, it was about the standard of living in Bulgaria, blah blah, it was waaaaay too optimistical. I sent them an e-mail citing sources like the World Bank obviously contradicting what was written in the article. They do not support what they say. It sounds like what you hear at the table from your uncles when they are discussing world economics and politics over a rakia. And when you think that so many people read it and believe it. That's not good journalism
The same thing with this article...'decrease in the number of the arranged games', big words
post #15 of 172 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2006, 11:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Is the League decided?

Levski are in solid form and we know only mircales can bring draws or losses to Levski and CSKA at home but 1_ Levski are tired and 2) it happened once (teh mircale) with CSKA though.

Critical games left:

Slavia - Levski ( though its a clear away win)
Levski - Litex ( the only chance for CSKA if you aks me)
Bela - Levski

The fight for relgation is alos heating up. marek took a point v. CVSKA and 3 v Botev and seems to be safe now. Naftex is out, so its very much a fight between Pirin and Botev. Botev plays Pirin at home the last round and Naftex away the one before. 6 points? It will be difficult.

Pirin games seem to be easier:

C. More H
Loko sf A
Rodopa H
Slavia A
Vihren H
Botev A

Botev games are not so easy.

Litex A
Bela H
Loko Pd A
Levski H
Naftex A
Pirin H

Key questions: Will Loko Sf and Slavia give points away to Pirin? Can Botev win its home games v Bela and Pirin and the away game v Naftex? What will happen in Loco - Botev?

SAMO BOTEV!!!

post #16 of 172 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 00:23
Rising Star

I can see rationale for Slavia (not much) and Litex (considerable), but Bela snatching the title away from Levski?!? About as likely as CSKA losing at Beroe, ever.

The relegation battle - it looks like Pirin1922 will go down. I hear LokoPd will be playing the Plovdiv derby for the greater good of the "maina football".

Levski has made a habit of helping Botev relegate in the recent years of this storied rivalry though, so the suspense is still there.

SAMO LEVSKI (is the correct saying)

ps.
I really hope both Nakov and Hristolov get their hands off the Plovdiv clubs and somebody w/ plans for reconstruction and revival - both of stadiums and clubs comes in their place. Good for the maina football = Good for the Bulgarian football.
post #17 of 172 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 04:08
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Levski never payed any attention to relegating clubs's dramas. As you already said, Botev were relegated twice after home losses against Levski in the last rounds in the last 4 years. Pirin were relegated after a loss against Levski in the closing game on "Georgi Asparuhov" in 2000. Makedonska slava(Today's Pirin 1922) dropped to B PFG in 2004 after losing 6:0 to Levski several games before the end of the season.

So, quite honestly I think that nobody should expect any mercy from Levski, especially before the title is secured. Losses in the last rounds are possible, but I think that it is a matter of motivation(after having nothing to fight for, or after having won everything you needed), rather than any other dirty scheme in our championship.

IMO, Levski is 90% sure for the title, only some kind of mirracle can deprive us of it. It would be a major mirracle to the one executed by CSKA(losing 10 points in 4 games), 1st because CSKA's problem was and still is poorly done pre-season preparation, while Levski is obviously in great shape and is outplaying every single team with а staggering ease; 2nd we have the bad example of CSKA in hands and I do not expect the team to underestimate any of the remaining games; and finally we have only two games outside of Sofia, which adds up to 4 home and 2 away games, and the away games are against mediocre teams like Botev and Belasitsa. I just do not see how we can lose 2 games or lose one and draw 2... No way. And remember that CSKA has away game in Varna.

As far as relegation battlers go: Rodopa seems to me is in a pretty bad situation right now. They have games against both Levski and CSKA, and an away game vs Pirin1922, and they have one game less to play... My bet goes on them actually.
post #18 of 172 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 09:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I missed that oen with Rodopa - good to have one more candidate in there

Let me not start on Levski and Botev please. Since they gave the title away to beroe in the 80s ( and all since then and of late have confessed) there can not be anything else but pure hate and anger when I hear their name.

I dont think Loko Pd will ever be playing if fav of Botev. Botev was doing so in the 80s, but since the 90s somehow the good spirit was lost and there is suddenly some huge anymosity among the fans and clubs. For s.o. like me who was going to stadiums from the 80s this is a bit weird I have to say, but that is how it is.

At leats it is interesting.

As for Hristolov - lets say the situation is the same as with levski. Dont get me started.

post #19 of 172 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 11:05
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
I missed that oen with Rodopa - good to have one more candidate in there

Let me not start on Levski and Botev please. Since they gave the title away to beroe in the 80s ( and all since then and of late have confessed) there can not be anything else but pure hate and anger when I hear their name.

I dont think Loko Pd will ever be playing if fav of Botev. Botev was doing so in the 80s, but since the 90s somehow the good spirit was lost and there is suddenly some huge anymosity among the fans and clubs. For s.o. like me who was going to stadiums from the 80s this is a bit weird I have to say, but that is how it is.

At leats it is interesting.

As for Hristolov - lets say the situation is the same as with levski. Dont get me started.
we did not have a chance for the title in order to give it away. Players confessed that they did not have a good motivation for that game and did not play their best. They did NOT confess that they lost the game on purpose. And BTW even if we had won against Beroe, you still would not have won the title... It is your team you should be mad at, not ours.
post #20 of 172 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 11:30
Premier Player

Bono, about Beroe's title - do you expect Levski to play at their best just because and army team has chance for the title? IMO it's the same as playing for CSKA's title. And by the way you never played against your army cousin with the same motivation as you showed against us

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in