Udinese-Levski - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 10:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Udinese-Levski

:frustrat: Bring it onn...
Well after watching the last match Udine played I got to say that I have confidence that Levski might get a draw or at least an away goal against the Udinese team. Hopefully the younger players in Levski dont choke against Udinese-with alot of people travelling to watch Levski I do believe that perhaps it will be easier for our team to play because they will not have to cope with an unfriendly atmosphere.

Likely Udinese squad: De Sanctis, Paoletti; Bertotto, Zapata, Felipe, Defendi, Politti; Zenoni, Candela, Pieri, Obodo, Muntari, Baronio, Tissone, Vidigal; Di Natale, Rossini, Barreto, Lazzari note that Iaquinta is injured and will not play

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 22:18
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
FT 0-0

I listened a bit to it on the radio through the net, Tomislav Russev commented we've played good, even better than Udine.
On the one side it's good we didnt conceed, however, Levski must win in the 2nd leg.

As long as we score one more than em, it's all ok.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 23:50
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Todor Batkov said "I want not only to win this game. I want our players to smash them. I will pay additional bonus to our players for every extra goal they score after 1:0." He said he is dissapointed by the ref and the attitude of the Udinese players, one of whom hit Zhivko Milanov in an out-of-play situation, and the ref not only did not sent off the Udine player, but also showed a yellow card to Milanov. For that situation he sent off the bench Nasko Sirakov and Emil Velev, after they protested the ref's decision.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 00:04
Rising Star

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 04:52
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
UEFA Cup, Last 16, 1st leg - 9/3/06
Udinese 0-0 Levski Sofia

Stadio Friuli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese’s frustrating season continues after they were surprisingly held to a 0-0 draw by Levski Sofia. Although the Bianconeri didn’t concede a potentially lethal away goal, their UEFA Cup hopes of a place in the last eight do hang in the balance.

After going 11 Serie A matches without a win, Udinese were looking for a bit of a confidence booster against Levski. Although the Bulgarians are currently second in their championship, even a Vincenzo Iaquinta-less Italian outfit were fancied to take a relatively tight grip of the tie after the first 90 minutes at the Stadio Friuli.

That was the plan, the reality was very different though as a lack-lustre Bianconeri XI struggled to impose themselves in a game which Levski seemed to control in the opening half-an-hour. So much so that the peninsula boys were forced to switch from a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 system after just 20 minutes.

That tactical reshuffle by the coaching duo of Loris Dominissini and Nestor Sensini certainly led to an improvement. That in turn saw the Italians create their first real dangerous effort of the night when a Baronio free-kick was headed just off target by Zapata on 28 minutes.

Udinese finished the half strongly and were unfortunate to not break the deadlock through veteran defender Vincent Candela. An excellent move from the home side saw Rossini lay the ball off for the Frenchman, but he wasn’t accurate enough to beat Petkov in the Levski goal.

Udinese started the second period brightly with Baronio, Obodo and Di Natale all threatening in front of goal. The first two saw their long-range efforts fail to ripple the net, while the latter’s shot on the turn ended up over the crossbar.

Nevertheless, the home side survived a major scare in the 63rd minute when Levski squandered the best chance of the night. Telkiyski delivered an inch perfect cross from the right and Angelov somehow headed his effort over the bar from close range.

Udinese continued to look for that elusive winner and their best remaining effort fell to Baronio. The former Italian Under-21 international took advantage of a penalty area scramble, but failed to get his shot on target. Levski held on in a wet Udine for a priceless draw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese: De Sanctis; Bertotto, Felipe (Defendi 51), Zapata; Zenoni, Obodo, Baronio, Tissone, Candela (Muntari 60); Rossini, Di Natale (Barreto 67)

Levski: Petkov; S Angelov, Topuzakov, Milanov, Wagner; Richard, Boriminov, Telkiyski, Bardon (Hristov 93); Yovov (Bukarev 81), E Angelov (Domovchiyski 64)

Ref: De Bleeckere (Hol)

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 01:07
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Since Im "quite" shite at giving predictions, Ill just wait and see how the game would end up. Good luck to Levski though!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 13:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
BTW, I laghed really hard when I read "Standart" today. It's owned by the president of Levski, IIRC, and it was full of such praise as if Levski had won the CL by beating Barcelona 7-0 with three of their players sent-off in the first half. If you ask me, Levski's progress just serves to show what a joke the UEFA Cup has become and how little the big teams care about it.

Quote:
I listened a bit to it on the radio through the net, Tomislav Russev commented we've played good, even better than Udine.
Both teams played badly, if you ask me but since Udinese's potwential is higher than Levski's, I suppose they failed more.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 14:25
xtc
International

Well, I couldnt agree more that Standart (was)/is/(will be) a crap. I guess the ppl writing the materials are all friends of the chief editor.

Quote:
If you ask me, Levski's progress just serves to show what a joke the UEFA Cup has become and how little the big teams care about it.
U sure may got a point there, but having in mind what the quality of our championship, of our so called champions, of our bulgarian 'development of football' is, well, I certainly prefer going further into a 'crappy' UEFA than getting thrown out in a superior 'UEFA' and at the end telling one another the story bout the fox and the grape again, no matter what.

I know Tomisslav Russev is biased big time, but as far as I know we had our chances, they got theirs and as you say - Udinese's failure is far more obvious and Russev just decided to make a use out of it, but if we at least do not believe ourselves that we could be better than em, than it's not worth even trying.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 14:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Well, I couldnt agree more that Standart (was)/is/(will be) a crap.
Actually apart from the blatant Levski bias and the everyday bashing of a certain ex-monarch of Bulgaria it's not that bad of a newspaper. Not that I would waste any money on it but it's better than "24 chasa" which is absurdly stupid.

Sure, Levski's achievement is impressive but it's so blown out of proportions in the media that it's borderline comical. Obviously it's good for Bulgarian football to have a team in this late stage of the UEFA Cup and Levski's defence is something I don't recall seeing in a Bulgarian side in Europe for a long time. Even more obviously the UEFA CUp will never be as big of a joke as the Bulgarian championship. But I just don't like Levski and I wanted Udinese to trash them and what I got was a game of few chances.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 15:32
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake
Actually apart from the blatant Levski bias and the everyday bashing of a certain ex-monarch of Bulgaria it's not that bad of a newspaper. Not that I would waste any money on it but it's better than "24 chasa" which is absurdly stupid.
I have access only to Standart and Kapital and my view is formed (unrightly - as the one is a simple daily and the other one rather professional) in the comparision between the both as the later I consider to be a very good piece of paper in terms of the quality of the materials.
But Standart are a great example of jumping on bandwagons as they highly praised that certain ex-monarch before and now bashing him whenever they got the chance to.

As regards to "Levski" - it's all clear now

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2006, 19:44
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake
But I just don't like Levski and I wanted Udinese to trash them
this sencence explains pretty much every single word you've said...
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2006, 00:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Not really, bias aside I honestly think the match was boring, neutral viewers would have probably fallen asleep somewhere around the thirtieth minute.

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2006, 04:49
Rising Star

that's without a doubt. It was probably boring for neutral viewers, but neither you, nor me are ones, right? So what are we complaining about?
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2006, 20:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Does anyone know when the match starts and on if its going to be on RAI DUE? or BNT cabel channel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 09:05
Premier Player

18:30 Bulgarian time. As far as I know Eurosport and DSF might just broadcast the game.

http://www.dsf.de/de/programm/pr-pro...acup-live.html

Last edited by giani_82; March 16th, 2006 at 09:16.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 12:38
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by giani_82
As far as I know Eurosport and DSF might just broadcast the game.
DSF - Not only 'might', it says they 'will' do it.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 17:16
unnamed1

I cant belive my eyes!!!! how in this world could he miss that chance in the 44 min of the first half???? a part from that what they hell happen at the first goal??? this is very wired for me!!!! com on, let Udene score a goal like that and then miss wide open net from 1 metre make me belive that Levski have sold this game...
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 17:19
Forum Manager
Legend

The Bulgarian commentators keep on saying how great the Udinese defence was while it was anything but great, quite hilarious. Gotta say I laghed really hard when Iovov missed in the end of the first half.
I can't really predict what is gonig to happen in the second half but one thing is certain, this game is much better to watch than the first leg.

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 17:25
unnamed1

Anomander Rake:

Com on, you did see what happen at least, ther is something very wired going on... Not even my grandmother will miss form that situation literal sopken, that is simply unbelievable.. Add the Udene wired goal to this...
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 17:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Come on, these things happen. It's not as if the levski players are used to play in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup or play in front of such crowd every week. I think it's the pressure. No need for conspiracy theories. No way Udinese would buy this game, they care mcuh more for Serie A than for the UEFA Cup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in