Can we get a team in the CL the next 2-3 years - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 23:47 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Can we get a team in the CL the next 2-3 years

ok after levski's big european success and our other 2 representetives (even loko) did pretty good. But here is the real question CAN WE GET A TEAM IN THE CL??? since levski will probably rest players and focus on udinese cska will probably win the tittle but they have a chance to make it in the cl.. im hoping levski win it tho, because levski might be seeded in the CL qualification round if they go to the quarters or even the semis (anything is possible). if not this year, at least next year i hope we have some luck.. this season really has us dreaming for bigger and greater things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 02:38
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
it all depends on the draw... I do not see how CSKA could win against a CL-zone club from England, SPain, France, Italy or Germany...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 02:39
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
It still is in process of becoming ripe and I do hope we see the (nicer) end of the story in the next 1-3 years. However, there is always the possibility of deteorating performances for the next year if the proper football policy is not run the way it should - i.e. selling important players, bad summer selection, bad atmosphere in the squad, coach needless getting fired, smug attitude from the players, etc, etc.

there is always a chance to get screwed. our teams showed they are capable of surprise - bad and good both - just hope they get their act together this time.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 02:49 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
it all depends on the draw... I do not see how CSKA could win against a CL-zone club from England, SPain, France, Italy or Germany...
We havent gotten such a club since.... well i cant remember only time i remember us getting a big team is when levski played juventus.. we have gotten lucky in that sense in the CL for the past couple of years.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 03:33
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
well, cska played Liverpool... this year! And we all saw what happened...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 03:41
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
The CL goal isnt impossible but if a BG team is to make it(95% this would be either cska or levski), it would be an entering from the type of Artmedia. The truth is that the BG teams do not have the strong mentality of the big Serbian or Romanian teams who, although sharing similar economic circumstances, have better successes overally. The main reason for this is the fact that before 1989, when the gap between east and western European clubs was much narrower, many eastern European clubs achieved some remarkable things, including reaching final and possibly even winning it. At the same time the greatest ever success(by cska) in a Euro tournament are semi-finals. So even then, results point that BG clubs were missing something and thats become quite acute nowadays when a slightly stronger opponent often makes the mentality of the BG club to shake.

But to go back to the issue...BG team is the CL group stage? Two ways for that 1) Good draw(tough luck for cska this year) 2) The BG club has formed a decent team that make a few games of their life vs decent opponents,like the 5:0 win by Artmedia vs Celtic(though for this one you gotta hope that the opponent team isnt in top form too). I personally dont care whether a BG team would make it to the CL because they dont really belong there. Over there are corporation types of clubs while,sadly,the BG clubs dont "quite" behave like companies yet...well, some of them couldnt anyway.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 03:50 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
well, cska played Liverpool... this year! And we all saw what happened...
well i mean other than that.. im refering to the galtasaray games, dinamo and so on.. yeah i remember that game well... cska did well in my mind against the european champions... but in my mind the biggest chance was when levski played dinamo... lets hope we get a team that is seeded but we can beat like a greek, EE , or scandinavian team. i dont know, but for some reason it skipped my mind.. maybe, and i watched the 1st game live when i was on the black sea in bulgaria.. me and my cousin were going to probably go, but thats when we decided to go to the sea... the 2nd game it was an emberassment that Kanal 1 didnt show it...

Last edited by ac_milan_foreva; February 24th, 2006 at 03:59.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 03:51 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
The CL goal isnt impossible but if a BG team is to make it(95% this would be either cska or levski), it would be an entering from the type of Artmedia. The truth is that the BG teams do not have the strong mentality of the big Serbian or Romanian teams who, although sharing similar economic circumstances, have better successes overally. The main reason for this is the fact that before 1989, when the gap between east and western European clubs was much narrower, many eastern European clubs achieved some remarkable things, including reaching final and possibly even winning it. At the same time the greatest ever success(by cska) in a Euro tournament are semi-finals. So even then, results point that BG clubs were missing something and thats become quite acute nowadays when a slightly stronger opponent often makes the mentality of the BG club to shake.

But to go back to the issue...BG team is the CL group stage? Two ways for that 1) Good draw(tough luck for cska this year) 2) The BG club has formed a decent team that make a few games of their life vs decent opponents,like the 5:0 win by Artmedia vs Celtic(though for this one you gotta hope that the opponent team isnt in top form too). I personally dont care whether a BG team would make it to the CL because they dont really belong there. Over there are corporation types of clubs while,sadly,the BG clubs dont "quite" behave like companies yet...well, some of them couldnt anyway.
if it happens what it did with artmedia i think id pass... they sold 1/2 their team and levski had no problem with them, but they arent that popular in slovakia and have no choice.. hopefully levski or cska dont sell most of their players if they make it to the CL.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 07:38
Premier Player

Yeah selling is always a problem, it sets the coach in a whole new position getting him back at where he started - creating the team. Fortunately, in our leading clubs, the coaches finally get enough support to keep in position for quite more than just 6 months and introduce their ideas fully into the squad. I'd like to think that 05/06 success in the UEFA Cup is about 90 % due to this fact - the coaches, given the credit of trust, finally made a change in the players' mentality and our clubs' performances are revolving around teamplay after a long period of individual bursts on the field. Now if this tendency remains, and our teams limit the export of players to 1-2 squad members per year we have quite a good chance of repeating the success we have had this season and may be even get a CL spot. Still we should work hard to keep the current level, and I doubt that the format of our championship is the right one for that person (a group of 8 to 10 teams is the optimate).
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 12:44
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Its not about the number of teams in the A Groupa but about the quality of some of them. Cutting the numbers of clubs wont make them any richer. The much much better solution with cutting would be more radical but reflects the economic reality of the country - wiping out clubs. What good are clubs with 20 fans here and other with 20 fans there, with no history, no proper budget? Even the 2 smaller clubs in both Sofia(Slavia+Lokomotiv) and Plovdiv(Maritsa+Spartak) are simply not fulfilling their purpose given the few people that attend their games. I mean I wouldnt get rid of them since they have had some very good history at least but nowadays, they are in the shadows. Then again if the championship was any normal, the teams that should be kicking arse and having a proper battle between each other(with no definite favourite that is) should not be just levski and cska but cherno more, nafteks/chernomorets, loko plovdiv, botev plovdiv and beroe. Even Slavia and Loko Sofia should be popular and strong given the potential fan mass in Sofia but somehow the majority of Sofia fans are tilted towards supporting either of the other two clubs.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 14:17
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_milan_foreva
this season really has us dreaming for bigger and greater things
depends how bigger and how greater these things are, you know what kind of teams go further into the CL, a team needs to have a good, strong basis and tradition in the European competitions to even dare think about that
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 04:22 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by luba
depends how bigger and how greater these things are, you know what kind of teams go further into the CL, a team needs to have a good, strong basis and tradition in the European competitions to even dare think about that
whoa whoa whoa... ill be just happy to get a team in the cl thats it...thts where the big teams play.. uefa cup is still good, but uefa cup isnt where the big money is.. lets just take things 1 step at a time... 1st our dream was to get a team in the uefa cup stage and it was achieved.. then we dreamed of them getting out and 2 got out... then we dreamed of a bulgarian team into the round of 16 and we got that, now we are dreaming of a quarterfinal place and who knows we may get it... so our ambitions are getting higher and higher and i think with a good draw we can make it in the cl, and if we make a couple of consecutive apperances we can do what loko moskow, dinamo kiev, and other EE teams achieved before us and thats to get to the round of 16....
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 09:29
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Basicly we need to stricke 6/49 Toto jackpot to get into the group stages and most likely we will get only to last place there. Our teamsand most EE teams are not wanted in CL because they do not sell Tv rights its a visious circle but money moves the world thus we will never have a good chance to do well in the CL unless our economy is busted and people spend more money going to matches. Our football players can win one or two games against top teams but only when they do not have a pscycolagic battle on their hands. Look at CSKa the first match against Liverpool had that team been more confident we would have had a greater chance. Now LEvski seems to not have any problems against top teams in Sofia this year, it seems that the shrink thats working in Levski is doing her job quite well. But even if our teams are in top form ,the winter brake will always dumpen our chances in latter competitions like it does most Eastern European clubs except Greece and Turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 10:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_milan_foreva
whoa whoa whoa
what's that supposed to mean

Quote:
... ill be just happy to get a team in the cl thats it...thts where the big teams play.. uefa cup is still good, but uefa cup isnt where the big money is..
big teams... which none of the Bulgarian teams is
one more thing - big money goes back to the big money
I suggest we all wake up and take off the pink glasses because in the Bulgarian footbal reality and the Bulgarian reality in general nothing is alright
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 12:23
xtc
International

Quote:
did you forget to put in a smiley or you just forgot that it's a sign of some kind of higher appreciation towards you made everytime one sees yer avatar - for obvious reasons?

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 12:24
xtc
International

ohm, shit, i forgot... ill make it just right....

whoa whoa whoa

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 13:09
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc
some kind of higher appreciation towards you
just the contrary, my dear
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 14:05
xtc
International

hm, I've just looked up in the dic what 'whoa' means, and I for one dont use it in that meaning, just to clarify it, rosi(nante)....

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 17:10
Premier Player

we've got some sense of humor today, don't we?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 17:48 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:

big teams... which none of the Bulgarian teams is
one more thing - big money goes back to the big money
I suggest we all wake up and take off the pink glasses because in the Bulgarian footbal reality and the Bulgarian reality in general nothing is alright
umm.. it just means ur going too fast and already talking about getting out of cl groups when we simply need to get there 1st... but go ahead and think whatever, but im innocent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in