Artmedia- Levski - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2006, 23:47 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Artmedia- Levski

not a thread has been opened up for a game that i have been anticipating for a long time ... However now would be a good time as Angelov gave levski a 1-0 win and now levski look almost certain to go through as i doubt they will crumble at home as they have a very good european record there..
I am not commenting on the game as i havent watched it and i am downloading it right now, but with the torrents i should be done dl;ing it by tomorrow .. and will watch the full game either tomorrow or friday depending on how busy i am on thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 00:19
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Not so sure if that could be considered as a tremendous victory but still credit to Levski that didnt mess up as they did vs the Slovenian team last year...and got first away victory in Europe if u think about it.

Can u give me the torrent link pls?
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 05:21 Thread Starter
World Class Player

well it is a big victory nevertheless because levski is 1 step away from the round of 16 in the uefa cup something they havent done in a LONG long long time or any bulgarian team for that matter.. sad about litex tho cant believe they missed a penalty .. wouldnt want to watch it tho i dont like watching a game i know we lost.
http://tracker.denness.net/stats.php...69e07773db1393 is the link just 3 mins till it finished however its getting late here in chicago might have to watch it tomorrow but at least ill see the goal.

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 09:19
Premier Player

I watched both games. It was nice seeing Levski win this away game, a win is always good, right,Bono?

I hope you get to see some highlights of the games
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 02:03
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Here's a video with the highlights of the game.

Pretty solid in Defense and creating loads of opportunities in attack, I think Levski is even stronger than last year. Full credit to Stanimir Stoilov who managed to build an exceptionally strong team(for BG standards) without any money for transfers and relying only on the youths academy.

Georgi Petkov - sound as ever!
Stanislav Angelov - his best game for Levski since the games vs Slavia(Prague)
Elin Topuzakov - REAL CAPTAIN! The best in the defence, he got every single high cross in front of Petkov
Igor Tomasic - a little shaky - allowed Artmedia their only chance on goal by covering the offside in 70', but hey - nobody's perfect.
Lucio Wagner - very effective in attack, should cover better his zone in defence
Richard Eromoigbe - maybe one the best defensive midfielder on the Balkans, hope we keep him for at least one more year. He was perfect in stopping Artmedia's attacks.
Daniel Borimirov - Passed for the goal, was unlucky not to score himself this amazing lob ball. Created some of the other good chances on goal for Levski. Very good game...
Cedric Bardon - not as good as usual, but still was a useful part of the attacking force, almost scored in the first half with a header, then could not direct the rebound into the empty net

Emil Angelov - Perfectly played ball for the only goal in the game. Cannot imagine anyone playing it better than that. Had chance to double the lead twice, no luck though...
Hristo Yovov - he gave us a hint about what he is capable of in the first 20 minutes, when he was tormenting the Artmedia defence... He kind of faded in the later stages of the game, but it is normal for that kind of field.
Dimitar Telkiyski - the ghost in the team... I cannot believe that Stoilov keeps playing him. He just does not deserve it.

Milan Koprivarov[sub] - much better than Telkiyski on the right wing, even though it is not his usual position. Almost scored, the post denied him a much deserved goal...
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 15:07
Premier Player

Thanks for the link!

Generally I was pleased with the way Levski played but some suspicion still remains in me. What I mean by that is that not only Artmedia werent what they used to be but also they werent hosts(it looked like Levski were hosts there) and the terrain seemed to have had effect on match. In that sense, we shall see whether Levski are fit enough to become a UEFA favourite depending on their first leg vs the next opponent(and if they dont reach it...well, not worth mentioning them)
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 02:00 Thread Starter
World Class Player

next opponent is udinese for sure and we are playing them over there 1st... if we can get a draw or a shock win (slavia prague did it palermo who are same class as udinese and i see slavia as inferior to levski) then they will go back to a packed vassil levski and hopefully the levski fans will propell them to a Historic win and a quarter final place which would be a TREMENdous achievment for bulgaria football and anything can happen from then on.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 04:42
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
LOL, wait a second... there is a second leg... anything can happen. I mean - Lans can eliminate them
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2006, 06:00 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
LOL, wait a second... there is a second leg... anything can happen. I mean - Lans can eliminate them
Sure they can... Udinese just need to score 1 goal and its all over and i doubt lens can keep them down.. however looking at Udinese return to bad form with loss against siena it will give levski hope (given that we eliminate bratislava) that they can eliminate the italians. Lets hope levski dont loose much and maybe get a draw in italy and take that back to Bulgaria where there should be terrific atmosphere, and IF we go to the quarterfinals i want a romania side, because i really think after dinamo levski can take on another romanian side and i want levski to show that Bulgarian club football > Romanian club football.. Another side i might want is Bolton if they go through, and perhaps Basel or Strasbourg... of course there are return legs but this is all just speculation, but its too early to think about that.. lets beat armtedia and then we can think about further games, but it looks like it will be udinese- levski in the next round.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2006, 13:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
what a win!!! From Levski in Europe???? Almost impossible. I cant help myself thinking they will blow it 2nd leg. Hopefully they will not. of course as a Botev fan I am not that happy Levski fans get so much bragging rights about Euro success, but its good for football in Bulgaria so it all fine

post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:18
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Just shut up, Bo-no, Doc, please, Doc!

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 13:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc
Just shut up, Bo-no, Doc, please, Doc!

Are U alright? I mean, did you take another psycho test lately?

post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 17:18
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
Emil Angelov - Perfectly played ball for the only goal in the game. Cannot imagine anyone playing it better than that. Had chance to double the lead twice, no luck though...
well, he did it this time

2 goals and counting
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 17:22
Xtratime Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
what a win!!! From Levski in Europe???? Almost impossible. I cant help myself thinking they will blow it 2nd leg. Hopefully they will not. of course as a Botev fan I am not that happy Levski fans get so much bragging rights about Euro success, but its good for football in Bulgaria so it all fine
So basically you root for Levski

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NO LONGER BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FOR TICKETS
I belong to Lucifer
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 18:40
Premier Player

Nicely done from Levski!I hope those two wins would give their team the courage to do well at least one more stage.
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 18:40
Premier Player

Nicely done from Levski!I hope those two wins would give their team the courage to do well at least one more stage.
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 21:43
Premier Player

Levski - Artmedia 2:0
Tis nice to see the players actually rellying on teamplay to win in Europe, something we haven't seen in quite a lot of years. The times when Gonzo's or Mecho's performance was vital for the struggle are over. And with the rise of Koprivarov and return of Yovov marked another vital change - the team now takes more action on the left wing.
Levski won today due to this great collective work from all the players and probably just Yovov, for his amazing runs on both of the wings, Angelov, for his goals, and Borimirov, for holding the centre tight, deserve a bit more of applauses. The defense for once didn't allow clear chances for the visitors and the run of five consequative home games without conceding a goal is quite an accomplishment.
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 23:13
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo
So basically you root for Levski
basically, I think he roots for Levski and in the same time is angry when they do so good in europe cuz they will get the fame, sth Bono wudnt like. That is leading us to an answer, that could be transformed with success in sentences with questionmarks at the end...

Bo, at this rate, would you please not tell us whats the feeling of being a sadomasochist!?... hurts and is good at the same time, ehh?!... feeling guilty???

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 23:21
xtc
International

Ah, and of course - Well done to Levski's team. Great to see a bulgarian one doing so good in europe, even if with some luck regarding the draw.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2006, 23:44 Thread Starter
World Class Player

wow i heard emil angelov is getting a NT call up and he deserves it.. great win by levski.. hopefully there are better things to come.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in