Any young talent coming through?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2006, 07:28
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Chelsea; Inter;
Look towards Levski Sofia it seems that alot of youth is making its way into the team this season. Valeri D. is perhaps the biggest star for Levski this season and he is a great future prospect.
Also Genkov from Loko Sf is another young stricker with all the quailities to be great one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
Typical Khalid reaction to a blonde girls
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 08:50
Rising Star

Teams: Levski
Levski youth squads are full of talented youngsters. There is this guy born 1990, Boyan Tabakov. He made debut for the first team of Levski in a friendly in October I think, while still 14. In the last two years he scored more than 150 goals in the youth's championships, and led the team to a Championship title, scoring 9 goals in 7 games in the final playoff rounds. From the 1990 team, we have some other good players like Alexander Kirov, who is an Attacking midfielder, and Ivan Zaikov, the captian of the team.

In the 1988 youth team we have the most promissing squad in Bulgaria. Most of them do not even play for the youth squads anymore - they are with the first squad:
Lachezar Baltanov - very good AMR, with amazing dribble and technique.
Nikolay Mihaylov - that's the third goalkeeper from this family to play for Levski. The others were Biser Mihaylov(his grandfather), and the best ever Borislav Mihaylov(his father), who played on the WC1994 for Bulgaria. He had his debut for the first team of Levski last year, being only 16... quite impressive for a goalkeeper. He also played against Auxerre in the first leg of round 1 of UEFA cup.
Marian Ognyanov - one of the youngest players to score in an official game. He scored 2 in his debut in the league game against Spartak Vn. in 2004.His problem is - lack of discipline...

From 1987 we have Nikolay Dimitrov, who's a freak with the ball... something like Ronaldinho. Have seen him do every single trick Ronaldinho pulls, and he even improves some of them. He still waits for a place in the starting lineup though...

Las7 already told you about our current topscorer - Valeri Domovchiiski. Last year, in his first season for the team, he scored 14 goals in 17 games. He even scored in the final of the Bulgarian National Cup against CSKA. This year he picked up some injury on the start of the season and missed some games.

Well that's it for the Levski youngsters, I surelly missed some of them, but hope it was not boring to read it to the very end.

About some other promising talents:
Ivan Ivanov from CSKA 1988 squad. He is a very good defender.
Dimitar Iliev from Lokomotiv Plovdiv - as far as I remember he had a trial at Chelsea, but got back in Plovdiv...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 10:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
WELCOME pe3ucTop

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 02:12
Rising Star

10x
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 23:06
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunes=genius
comming through where?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2006, 00:20 Thread Starter
Rookie

For the Bulgarian NT!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2006, 03:29
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Well, frankly I dont know anything.

I can give you just a hint, that the coach Stoichkov said, he is gonna stop with the improvising, ie. wont bring anymore young 'talents' or players who havent played till now for th NT (I assume he meant if there arent any extraordinary players) and chooses to concentrate on the players whom he worked with during the last WC qualification, and will pick players up only from this group, even reducing the group to the standart 23 or 24 or 25 (uh?)

So, in case you havent heard of anyone from the WC qualifications, dont set your hopes too high to see a new 'talent'. Of course if Stoichkov lives up to his promises I wouldnt be surprised if he decides to place sometimes some guys who need to play for the NT cuz of eventual transfers abroad, etc. even if I dont know what kind of a motivation Stoichkov has to have in order to do so as money dont play any role here IMO. hu knows....

Cheers.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2006, 12:46
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunes=genius
For the Bulgarian NT!
nah...mostly shite as usual.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2006, 23:43
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
ah come on techno what u so negative about .. i think levski are doing a good job of bringning in new young players... Welcome pe3uc..
come on guys we need to make this forum alive again... i mean levski managed a historic victory today and not even a thread about it..
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 00:15
Premier Player

its called realism, my friend. The only talent lately that...sort of...deserves his fame is Bojinov and he wasnt gonna turn out well if he didnt leave Bulgaria as a kid. Everybody else is a mediocre bunch that makes it to the local papers at most and thats about it.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 05:37
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
no ur wrong tho.. you are saying that bulgaria doesnt have talent..
we have talent, but there is 1 big problem... most club teams in bulgaria ruin that talent and give little opportunity for growth so some players like bojinov are lucky enough to leave bulgaria and go abroad where they can develop that BULGARIAN TALENT...
A family friend has a son who plays in loko sofia, and started with the Loko juniors and worked himself all the way up to the senior team.. however he has never been given a SINGLE chance and loko sofia has hampered his progress.. He was a decent defender when he was young and could have turned pro (and still can as he is trying to run away abroad). He submited an article in a newspaper telling how club teams let young players rot on the bench and arent played and stuff like that and then loko got mad and told him he will never play.. he had offers from other bulgarian clubs and wanted to go, but loko sofia dont let him go.. there are many cases like this and those cases are what make those great talents into mediocare players...
i dont blame stoichkov as if club teams **** up young players progress there is nothing Kamata can do

Last edited by ac_milan_foreva; February 16th, 2006 at 05:43.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 10:14
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Its not only Bojinov I would say that Chavdar Qnkov is another up and coming BG star I watched his last 4 matches and I must say that the improvment is huge.

Quote:
Drogba is a selfish prick...freekick from 7 yards out wont let torres take it when we are 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 21:38
xtc
International

Hm, since I dont pay that much attention to news from the bulgarian league and only heard it from mates - well, I kinda like the idea of Levski with agenda 2007 - growing home young players and giving them a chance to play for the first team. I mean, well, look at CSKA - I think they did well in the UEFA, however, they are full of serbians - how many bulgarians play there at a regular basis? 2-3...1?

But Levski are doin fine - knowing they are a prestige side (local level) - they can attract many kids, who, eventually, would turn out to be good - of course not all of them but thats not the point.
I think Levski is finally run as a company that in the near future could offer quality stuff. If they manage to succesfully close the first cycle and find the strength to continue - it's only good that could come out of it.

Of course, all said is without any proof research on my side, so if smo has sth to say - please.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 22:26
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Well I dont really know that many Serbians who regualiry play for CSKA also Levski is achiving such good results because of their team spirit and defence although Levski is playing with great youth talant I would say the most important players are the older ones who have expirance-Bardon ,Borimirov etc its nice to see Levski go so easily threw their transgresinal period.
Players like Valeri ,Copy(LMAO Paste), Angelov ,Richard etc have a bright future ahead of them, its nice to see that Levski is not selling the way they did with another bright young player-Temile.

Quote:
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 01:33
Rising Star

Angelov is not so young... He is 25-26 I think. Not too much room for improvment if u ask me. And his talent is at least questionable...

See, Yovov, has talent but he ruined his career... and now it is too late for him for something big... unless Levski goes to the UEFA cup final LOL!!!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 02:36
Premier Player

I think its a bit of a long shot calling a player a tallent when nobody abroad doesnt give a .. about him. Levski in particular are notorious for not being able to sell players to big clubs(not that cska has done anything on that basis lately). Im not trying to say that selling their players is good for the club(its rather the opposite) but the good recent example with Hristo Yanev from cska(who was seen as a star by the medias) ended up as "too expensive" for Lille when the reds asked for a million Euro. Nowadays, an offer of 2+ million Euro for any sort of player could hardly be turned down by any Bulgarian club. Whats worse, clubs act as they wanna get rid of their players and yet decent clubs dont want them so imho thats fookin poor.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 03:05
Rising Star

Levski usually tries to get everything out of a player before they sell him. That's a good policy for the club, which can benefit from their players abilities to the full extent, but this way of mangaing sales stops the players' development. The last example was Georgi Ivanov... we kept him in the team for too long before selling him, and this pretty much ruined his career.

Quote:
I think its a bit of a long shot calling a player a tallent when nobody abroad doesnt give a .. about him.
well I do not know if it is reasonable expecting 16-17 year olds to be known all over the world. From those that I pointed out, several were target for bigger clubs outside Bulgaria. Dimitar Iliev(you should know that better than me) made it to the trials for Chelsea(or some other Premier League team, I am not sure), I suppose they at least know his name in order to invite him. Nikolay Dimitrov and Ognyanov were target for Feyenoord, along with Ivelin Popov and Ivan Bandalovski, who actually signed a contract with them. As far as I know their first choice was Dimitrov but after he refused their offer they switched attention ot Popov. Anyways, I do not think that in Bulgaria it is a question of talent - we have always had talented players. It is a matter of giving them chance to show what they are capable of... Until lately Bulgarian clubs tended not to give those players any chance, they prefered using some highly paid international "stars". Now, with Levski and Litex, turning their attention to their youth academies I think more and more clubs will be using homegrown players...
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:15
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop
The last example was Georgi Ivanov... we kept him in the team for too long before selling him, and this pretty much ruined his career.
Well, I've heard rumours, that Georgi was pretty down psychologically while still in Sofia, the first time, drinking alcohol from dawn till dusk and smoking cigars down at the appartment?

Of course it's the typical 'yellows'-paper-hit-article, but you could never now about the guy. Thinking of the real mess, especially with his price - 20 $ mil. ? Turning down offers from Barca and who else? Probably the guy got pretty much confused, resulting badly on his carrer overall.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in