Dump Stoichkov !!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2005, 23:23 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dump Stoichkov !!!

I know that Hristo is one of biggest legends even in Europe, but I really think that he screwed one very talented team.
I wonder what he was thinking, and why we played with one defensive midfielder - S Petrov and 4 wingers!!!!! (Yankov's best position is on left flang, Gargorov, M.Petrov, and Lazarov are also wingers). It was so clear - in the middle there was a huge gap, so huge that the people of Vatican could establish a new country there, bigger than the current one
Actually our tactic was 4-1-5 and even Brazil don't play like that.

And one note - Why our players are so short, probably we are the shortest national team in Europe It's not a surprise that we conceded so many goals from headers.

I would like to see a good coach and it seems that here in bulgaria we can't find him. He should take an example from Greece - thay have appointed a worl class manager and look what they did

I perconally want Ottmar Hitzfeld for coach

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2005, 18:59
Rising Star

Jozef Hovanec - the man who created Czech NT in latest '90s
He's coaching FC Kuban' now - Russian 1st division team
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2005, 19:04
Xtratime Legend

He maybe a legend in Bulgarian football but his also a hothead and most players now a days wont play for a coach like him.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 02:32
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Its the lack of coaching experience that causes him trouble but Stoichkov is ambitious enough and Im sure he will improve! At least he should gain enough experience to be able to manage Barca one day and Im looking forward to see that.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 05:36
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
Its the lack of coaching experience that causes him trouble but Stoichkov is ambitious enough and Im sure he will improve! At least he should gain enough experience to be able to manage Barca one day and Im looking forward to see that.
Yeah he should have started coaching on a club level first, was he ever offered to coach CSKA Sofia?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 08:30
Premier Player

believe me guys, I also see how many mistakes Stoichkov has made recently but I'd rather blame the players more, once they see there's no chance of going through they become so lousy, it's not professional, it's the mentality and character that counts, Bulgarian players and the biggest part of our nation lack it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2005, 01:04
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan, Levski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
Yeah he should have started coaching on a club level first, was he ever offered to coach CSKA Sofia?
how can that happen when cska currently have a good coach. he made cska champions and now they beated leverkusen 1-0 in germany and are the favorites to go through to the group phase.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2005, 05:14
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_milan_foreva
how can that happen when cska currently have a good coach. he made cska champions and now they beated leverkusen 1-0 in germany and are the favorites to go through to the group phase.
I'm not saying it should happen now all i was asking was if he ever coached them before and if he didnt then thats where he should have started his coaching career instead of just jumping in the hot seat as being a NT coach.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2005, 12:42 Thread Starter
Rookie

Stoichkov is a great guy, but I don't see him as a great coach. Anyway, I wish him the best, and I hope he will find the right formula for our team (although I doubt about that :irritate: )/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in