Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 22:55
Xtratime Legend

Its no longer called Makedonska Slava its now called Pirin 1922
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2005, 15:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Actually I dont know enough. Luba can tell you more. I guess Makedonska Slava from Petric or Simitli have become Pirin 1922 from Balgoevgrad, but i am not sure. I think it is Luba's team.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 18:16
Premier Player

That's right they are originally from Simitli, now the team moved to Blagoevgrad. About the team - well they are among the few smaller clubs in Bulgaria that show creativity in attack against the so called "grand teams". They beated Litex (2 times champions, regular participants in the UEFA tournaments) on their own stadium and made a draw against the title runners Levski in Blagoevgrad. Their coach is Boris Nikolov, fairly well known around. The most famous player is Petyr Shopov who spent a couple of years in other Balkan leagues. They sold a few talents to CSka (Yordan Yurukov and Ivan Ivanov) who are considered to have quite a lot capabilities for turning into big figures in BG football, any time soon may be. And generally their region has been the most productive in the last years (in terms of quality young players).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 20:09
Xtratime Legend

Anyone have a logo of this club?

I found this one but i think its the new logo of Pirin 1922

http://www.european-football-statist...atc/atcbul.htm
But if you look at this table here there is another Pirin team called FK Pirin Blagoevgrad at #12 meanwhile FK Pirin 1922 Blagoevgrad is down on the table at #40... why is that did Makedonska Slava and them combine and create a new team together or what happen?

Last edited by Ambis; September 4th, 2005 at 20:15.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 21:58
Premier Player

Nope they just renamed the club and moved to Blagoevgrad. The other Pirin was thrown out of the profesional BG football due to unpaid debts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 22:03
Premier Player

This is the old logo I found.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2005, 10:15
Premier Player

yes, Pirin 1922 nowadays...
I respect them a lot, not only because my body and soul is there but because they started as nothing. I remember the funky bus they used in the beginning and the small stadium they had in Simitli. And most of the players were players no longer wanted in the 'big' Pirin from Blagoevgrad. But they were doing fine and I can say that people from the region were glad to have them and were really proud of them.

Giani mentioned something in one of his posts about young talents coming from the region. I know a few kids, really really talented. One of them was 'chosen' and went to play for Levki's youth formation a couple of years ago and what happened, they basically ruined the kid's future by not letting him play, keeping him there with promises and in the meantime pushing ahead rich parents' kids who really really wanted their kids to play. And that's a standard procedure in the big clubs, corrupting the youngsters and giving them a bad example of how football should be from an early stage. I am so sick of this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in