PFC CSKA Sofia - Liverpool FC - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 14:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, CSKA Sofia
PFC CSKA Sofia - Liverpool FC

Well, it's official already THE impact of the decade for CSKA fans. Will the european champs will manage to go through to the group stage or the bulgarian champions will make the miracle? Hm, not miracle but THE MIRACLE Will the national stadium be full the next wednesday? The tickets are quite expensive for the bulgarian fans :frustrat:

Sector A: 50 leva (25 euro)
Sector B: 15 leva (7.5 euro)
Sector C: 30 leva (15 euro)
Sector D: 10 leva (5 euro)

The capacity of the national stadium "Vasil Levski" is something about 45 000.

Have your say everybody :rollani:

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 14:53
Premier Player

hehe that's insane, if you ask me, they rely on the fact that Bulgarian fans want to see their team against Liverpool or simply to see Liverpool...the stadium will be full expensive or not but that's a very cheap move, very cheap... I don't respect this...
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 17:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Even yesterday night at the game against Tirana our fans shouted "How many levs for a ticket?! How many levs for a ticket?! 30 levs for a ticket, 30 levs for a ticket!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" A campaign was started today - every fan who disagree with the clubs policy about the prices should call in the head office and insist to lower the prices as follows: Sector A: 25 levs, Sector B & D: 8 levs, Sector C: 15 levs. So far the management refuses to lower the prices :frustrat:

Another problem for the team and fans is the second yellow card Valentin Iliev recieved yesterday and is now suspended for August 10th The deffender is a key player in defence and also in attack, cause he is really good in heading.

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 18:17
Xtratime Legend

25 euro's for a match in Bulgaria??? wow thats insane i know they are playing Liverpool but thats still way too expensive i guess they are counting on many tourists to be coming for this game.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 20:42 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
25 euro's for a match in Bulgaria??? wow thats insane i know they are playing Liverpool but thats still way too expensive i guess they are counting on many tourists to be coming for this game.
I think nobody can be sure of what are they thinking with those prices. The result will be half-full stadium in the best case

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 14:45
Premier Player

Quote:
i guess they are counting on many tourists to be coming for this game.
they're counting on the lifetime savings of the average Bulgarian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Jay
The result will be half-full stadium in the best case
I think the stadium will still be full, we always complain and then contradict ourselves
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 15:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Unfortunately, CSKA stands no chance here. Its not 82 and CSKA doesnt have the players, the team spirit and the skills to compete with the big guns.

But good luck, i will be supporting them anyway ...

PS So long ... I am gone for 2 weeks. back home for vacation, You can find me aroudn Nessebar or Sozpol

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 16:06 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by luba
they're counting on the lifetime savings of the average Bulgarian...

I think the stadium will still be full, we always complain and then contradict ourselves
Totaly agree with you It's just in our DNA (cheers bono ) to complain for everything at any time. The best part is with the contradiction. But this time we won't contradict by ourself. I'm reading that many, many people from Turkey, Greece, Macedonia and Romania will travel to Sofia just for the match - you can't watch Liverpool every day right? Something else - there are many englishmen in our seaside resorts and I guess they will travel to Sofia too. So maybe the stadium will be full. I just hope that the management will make use of the profit from the match tickets and TV rights.

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 22:51
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Even if there is a full stadium and CSKA gets loaded from these two games(not talking about winning or losing here), I am a bit sceptic that the cash would be used wisely. I mean Levski benefited greatly from the Liverpool games 2 years ago but things went downwards since then. Usually when one of either clubs see themselves with money, they totally forget about their youth academies.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 23:09
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
Even if there is a full stadium and CSKA gets loaded from these two games(not talking about winning or losing here), I am a bit sceptic that the cash would be used wisely. I mean Levski benefited greatly from the Liverpool games 2 years ago but things went downwards since then. Usually when one of either clubs see themselves with money, they totally forget about their youth academies.
If your clubs uprava are like ours then the money from the games will end up in there own pockets, Vardar made it to the CL 3rd round and played Roma in the UEFA Cup in 2003 so they made quite a lot of money but since then havent won the tittle or used the money to sing anyone that good at one point the players even went on strike that same year cause they werent paid on time
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 23:12 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
Not at all. Since Stoilov is head coach in Levski there are some young players from the youth academies. M. Koprivarov, Valeri Domovchiiski are in the starting eleven very often. And now, when Ivankov is gone, the son of Borislav Mihailov, the young Mihailov (I forgot his first name) is in the reserves waiting for his chance. So you are proved wrong :smileani: And oh yeah, there is a new player in CSKA named Petar Dimitrov (right winger) who is very young indeed. He was Levski's youth player before joining us this year

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 02:07
Premier Player

Actually Im not wrong at all because I said that they only look at the academy when things get financially nasty. The attempts by Levski to adapt youngsters into the first team deserve applause but its something that they started talking about since the fiasco in UEFA last year + not winning anything in Bulgaria itself. Having presumably entered the UEFA groups or even going further into them would have made things much different cauz both the Levski management and fans would have been happy. Also if Levski(or whatever other BG team in Europe) does better than expected,its key players are likely to be sold and, as the clubs there cant resist the temptation from getting quick cash from transfers, things will easily be brought back to square 1.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 02:07
Premier Player

but still lets hope Im wrong...
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 03:32
Premier Player

Quote:
If your clubs uprava are like ours then the money from the games will end up in there own pockets
of course, no question about it

back to the tickets issue- I wouldn't mind paying the money if the price was even close to matching the living standards
if I have to compare it-it's like making a Western European pay 300-500 euro for a ticket (my rough estimations)
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 04:01
Xtratime Legend

btw what does PFC stand for infront of CSKA? fc is football club but p?
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 13:41
Premier Player

Quote:
btw what does PFC stand for infront of CSKA? fc is football club but p?
It feels funny to explain tbh..
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 14:41
Premier Player

professional
trying hard to be such
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 15:29 Thread Starter
Rising Star

It's funny when you pronounce the whole name:

Professional Football Club Central Sport K(C)lub of the Army

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 02:48
Xtratime Legend

Anything new happening with this match up? did CSKA sign any new players? what is the coach saying are they confident that they can pass Liverpool?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 17:19 Thread Starter
Rising Star

It's just that we want to play our game and not their's. No new signings YET! Everybody says that it would be very hard, but we have the right to hope for something different than loss. We shall see what happens tomorrow. I'm traveling this evening from Varna to Sofia for the game. And I hope won't travel for nothing :smileani:

RICONQUISTATA!

In Italia Milan!
In Europa Milan!
Ovunque Milan!
Per sempre rossoner

Official XTMCMM Logo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in