OFFICIAL: Fiorentina Bought Bojinov

for 13 million Euros and midfielder Jaime Valdes

That's some news!

so unexpected, geez :eekani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 22:33
Rising Star

Aham, I thought (actually somebody told me) that he was staying in Lecce till the end of the season. By the way, is the contract starting now or for the next season?

Otherwise, good luck to Bojinov, he deserves to become a world star (not that he's not now ) and Fiorentina have an ambitious president who can give Bojinov the opportunity to prove one more time his talent.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 06:18
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Fiorentina land £10m Bojinov Monday 31 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transfer window has closed with a bang after Fiorentina signed Lecce starlet Valeri Bojinov.

The Viola netted the teenager after their bid of £9.3m, plus Chilean midfielder Jaime Andres Valdes, was accepted by the Via Del Mare outfit.

The switch comes as a major surprise as Lecce had recently insisted that the Bulgarian would remain with them until the end of the season.

Bojinov’s destination is also a shock given that Chelsea and Palermo were understood to be leading the chase for his signature.

The 18-year-old, who was also being watched by Barcelona, Milan and Juventus, is one of the most exciting prospects in Italian football after a splendid season so far.

The international striker, who made his Serie A debut at the age of 15, has netted 11 League goals this term.

Fiorentina had been looking for a new forward since the window opened, having shown an interest in Lazio's Roberto Muzzi, Julio Cruz of Inter, Liverpool's Milan Baros and Bernardo Corradi of Valencia.

Bojinov becomes the club's third signing of the day after the arrivals of midfielder Marco Donadel from Milan, via Sampdoria, and Atalanta attacker Gianpaolo Pazzini.

channel4 :eekani:

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 10:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
it wasnt unexpected. There has always been a chance that valeri will land either in a top 5 club like Chelsea Arsenal, Juve or Milan OR in a better club than Lecce (in money and name, not in terms of current form). So currently Lecce might be having a ride but we all know Fiorentina is in Serie A to stay and fight for big things in years to come. They are onviously building for the near future as they signed three in one day yesterday after teh summer fabulous signings of Maresca and Micolli to name a few.

Micoli-Bojinoff shoudl be quite an attcking duo.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 11:20
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
All good, but I'm concerned about how the coach Zoff will work with Bojinov. Hopefully everything goes ok.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:38
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Should be alright...he got some decent chance of having regular first team football there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in