Locomotiv Plovdiv - Champions - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 10:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Locomotiv Plovdiv - Champions

Congratulations to Loko Plovdiv and its faitful fans ... finally, for teh 1st time ever in its history, Loko PD became champions of BG..

Allegations fo fixing, bying and so on, are flowing around liek birds ... let me add - as awaays at teh end of each BG season.

But one thing is for certain - its better Loko than any Sofia based club! Its even better Loko than Litex in a way ... they already had enough for such a small non-football city.

And one more - Loko fans deserve that. One of the most faithful ever, going in their 1000s on away games, being devoted to their team, the finally got thsi big thing.

Well DONE!

Last mission - SAve Botev and get rid of Hristolov. :fero: :fero: :fero:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 16:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Congrats to Loko, they are the worthy champions (not that I watch more than some highlights from the games but who cares?). Maybe the championship with the most not fixed games in the last years. Well, in the last game the ref gave two very dubios penalties for Loko but old habits don't want to die. A squad of young players without many expensive and crappy foreigners and a coach who actually has brains deserve that title. Ditto for their fans.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 23:27
Premier Player

I was amazed by their fairplay this half of the season Litex, Naftex those late pathetically funny penalties served in the home game vs Slavia .... Gee, I think we all saw the real Velbuzd at stad G.Asparuhov

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2004, 12:32
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Yeah, Congrats. At least it's not CSKA or Levski, t.e. boring just like always.
As for fair-play, pllz, I havent seen a team winnig the title by fair-play. It is a part of our football.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2004, 15:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by giani_82
Gee, I think we all saw the real Velbuzd at stad G.Asparuhov

They killed you twoce before that ... 3 times actually, cause the
1-1 ganme for teh Cup was all Loko PD anyway. Then 3-0 then ... If this one game you outplayed them and won satisfies you so much - fine. But Loko was by far the best team in teh entire season - helps or no helps. Its not like you and your titles of teh last 5 years are clean as tear drop. Or CSKA's or Litex. Give me break.

Its soooo nice to see a non-Sofia team winning it.

SAMO BOTEV
BRAVO LITEX
BRAVO LOKO

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2004, 18:59
Premier Player

How many games of the season have you seen ?!? Cauz I saw the most of them... And where in my post do I say that I'm satisfied by Levski's win? It was just incredibly funny to watch Velbuzd being beaten by a mediocre squad even for BG standards in such a way. From that point on it was obvious that the Kyustendil team had no other alternative but to arrange the last games to the end.
And yes our titles were dirty, but as dirty as this last title there never has been and never will be.
I think we'll see in the CL does Spartak Moscow - Litex bring memories? Now we are up to even more outstanding Bulgarian performance (that is if they pass the second qualifying round by chance)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2004, 12:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I have seen a few ... I have seen two of the 1st Levski-Loko games ... I am reading about it all the time, every day in not just one source. My friends go to matches all the time.

Like Levski has always done outstandingly well in Europe a??? And who cares? Loko are Champs and for their fans that all that matters. and they are worthy champs. Being a Botev fan i snot easy to say that but they deserve every bits of it.

And speaking of "never seen it before" - I guess you haven’t seen the way Levski and SCKA were winning titles in the 80s ... well, I have, and I am telling you: every single game but the Derbies and the games v. Botev were fixed and known. That how bad it was. That how painful it was to be a Botev fan back then - have a a great team and knowing from the outset you will never be let to win.

The example of Spartak Plovidv and Botev dominating few years in teh 60s was burning. Then suddenly dismantling teh two clubs and making one Trakia and out it under the Army, just to make sure a team from Plvodiv will never win it again ... Well, finally justice came back to our street in the face of Lokomotiv. They might be Velbzud, they might be VIS, mafias and so on. Couldnt care less right now - Levski is Chorni; CSKA is Cherepa; Litex is Grisha, Naftex is Russian Mafia ... all the same!
But what is not the same is seeing a team from Plovdvi and nont from Sofia winning the title. This will remain forever. After Botev and Spartak in the 60s, we were finally "ALLOWED" to win sth. :fero:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2004, 21:19
Premier Player

Ehehe, you talk about mafia and you forget Botev's "brokeri" (past) and Velbyzd's "mutri" (present). Anyway, you were an army team and each season you gave away 6 points to CSKA, so what?!? We were forced into joining with Spartak Sf, nobody of our fans accepted, but yours well I can't really say, all the elderly fans I have spoken said you were suited with this situation... and I'd really rather take their point of view than any others. And still back in time and later after we joined the communist's "circle" we were the only serious opposition CSKA would get. And that's it. WORD!
Plus Grisha admited in one interview how his team "won" the titles, I guess he was again on drugs, but then wouldn't drugged ppl tell the truth to those who are steady?
I don't know, all I heard from reliable sources is that Iliev bet a lot of cash on title for Velbyzd and now CSKA has to sell their squad to pay off p
Which suits me as well.

Still when we talk about a Plovdiv team win the title, hugh, the players come from Kyustendil, the license is for Velbyzd, be happy fans for Velbyzd's title!!!

And mate - winning titles in the 802?!? I guess we arranged the games against Stutgart as well then, or CSKA had their way through the CL semifinals due to Todor Jivkov's influence in Europe?!? Or these teams had only 2-3 players in the NT or some?!? Or Stoichkov, Kostadinov, Mihajlov, Sirakov who were raised during the 80s were not present in the 94 to make this impact during the WC?!? Tell me please how many players that stayed at Botev or Loco, that were risen at the 80s and played more than one season there came to go USA??? C'mon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in