Botev PD in Second Division - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 08:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Botev PD in Second Division

That's the wish of Gioka Hadgipetrov, a leading figure in Plovdiv region. Botev's executive director Kostadinov was pretty angry when he heard about this statement, he was mad not only at Hadgipetrov but at the whole municipality.

I wonder how can a man of such rank allow himself to say this on air, absolutely unbelieveable, these people should learn how to behave before going for such a position!

"Пожелавам титла на Локо и пробив в шампионската лига. Не зная дали ще е добре за Ботев да остане в елита. Часът на истината за Ботев ще дойде по-рано, ако отборът изпадне."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 08:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Here goes what Hadgipetrov said
(in Bulgarian):
'Pojelavam titla na Loko i probiv v shampionskata liga.Ne znaya dali shte e dobre za Botev da ostane v elita.Chasut na istina za Botev shte doide po-rano ako otborut izpadne.'

'I wish Loko the title and a breakthrough in CL.I don't know whether it would be good for Botev to stay among the elite

Source: 7 dni sport
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 13:01
Rising Star

Re: Botev PD in Second Division

Quote:
Originally posted by luba
That's the wish of Gioka Hadgipetrov, a leading figure in Plovdiv region. Botev's executive director Kostadinov was pretty angry when he heard about this statement, he was mad not only at Hadgipetrov but at the whole municipality.

I wonder how can a man of such rank allow himself to say this on air, absolutely unbelieveable, these people should learn how to behave before going for such a position!

"Пожелавам титла на Локо и пробив в шампионската лига. Не зная дали ще е добре за Ботев да остане в елита. Часът на истината за Ботев ще дойде по-рано, ако отборът изпадне."
the guy just settles old accounts or something. maybe he's aonther squad's fan. I think luba, that people from higher places are all stupid and ignorent, and have no manners. that's why they scrabble for power. ha-ha!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 13:28 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I agree with you, centaur, you know what a friend of mine used to say:' Politicians become those who can't do anything else'
these words,I think, explain it all.

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 18:01
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by luba
I agree with you, centaur, you know what a friend of mine used to say:' Politicians become those who can't do anything else'
these words,I think, explain it all.

absolutely!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2004, 18:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Stupid stuff indeed.

Thou I am not sure what he means actually. If it is pure anti-Botev thingy from a Loco fan, then its just stupid for a politician of his rank.

But smtms my friends and I (all botev fans) think that going down might be a healthy exercise. Its painful, but it is obvious that Botev is suffering. I dont wanna have heart attacks every year of we stay or we go down. Hristolov needs to GO and may be B will be the answer. As sad as it is ... :depress:

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2004, 13:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

the 0-0 with Spartak varna was teh edn I am affraid. It was the perfect game to win and get a chance of survival ... It will be a huge miracle if we stay in A Grupata!

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2004, 20:34 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I wish I could tell you sth encouraging,Bono...too bad for Botev indeed
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2004, 15:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I know :depress:

there is still some hope left but not much ...

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2004, 17:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
If I was still a Botev fan I would care if they got relegated. But now the Bulgarian championship is such a total farce I don't care about it anymore. Not only the quality of the football is dreadful but it's not decided on the pitch. But still if Botev can pull offf a miracle and stay in top flight it would be good.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2004, 21:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Anomander Rake
But now the Bulgarian championship is such a total farce I don't care about it anymore.
Well, it's not very difficult to leave the sinking ship, a few have the power to stay, why do you give up so easily?
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2004, 17:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

BOTEV ZAVINAGI!

TOI NE UMIRA!

Come on Rake, for teh good old days, for the memories, for teh chldhood dreams ... we were teh best team in the country for a decade ... come on!

ZALTI BOGOVE!

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2004, 21:47
Forum Manager
Legend

As I said I would care for Botev if the games were decided on the pitch not off the pitch as is the standart practice these days. And it's not I have left a shinking ship, I stopped caring about the Bulgarian championship more than 5 years ago. Nowadays I just watch sometimes the players and coaches' interviews which give me more than a few good laughs.
Bono, I remember when Botev crushed Loko 5:0 when I was still very much interested in the "A grupa". I was so happy!

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2004, 12:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I also remember sitting in Hristo Botev stadium in the 80s on a sunny saturday afternoon around 3-4 PM, having my sunflower seeds (choplejki semki ), watching a Botev game w/t a single element of nerves or hesitation, while the result is 3-0 or sth, and then around the 75th minute, the speaker woudl say "In B grupa Sadkov just scored in Kazanluk and Lokomotiv leads Rozova Dolina 3 to 1". And I was thinking "Good, I hope Lokoto makes it to A grupa"

Good old times!

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2004, 15:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

AIII KANARIIII!

Some light at the end of teh tunnel. We crashed Chernoretx away for our 1st away win and things look at least complicated. Need to build Vidima next round and pray Loko SF plays it fair or at leats in our favour

I cant even think about asking levski for anything. Even they "offer" some hlep last round (which with Sirakov is impossible) I would proudly went down in 2nd than be helped by the communist cheaters.

SAMO BOTEV OLE!!!!!

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 09:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

:depress: :depress: :depress:

ITS OVER

We drea 1-1 against Vidima and its gona. There is now way now we can be saved. Our fault. We couldnt beat both Sparta Vn and Vidima ot home the last 4 weeks, which is 4 pts lost against teh main rivals. HAd we - we woudl have been so close to staying in top league.

So sad ...

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 10:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

HOPE IS STILL ALIVE!

After a string of very fixed games, we also beat Loko SF away ...

Now, the way it stands, Spartak Varna are almost saved - they need to beat Rodopa at home!

Vidima have one more point than us but an away game at Litex, who are pals

Botev plays at home against ... :fero: Levski :fero:

Levski plays for nothing anymore ... they have 2nd place.
Levski hates Botev.
Botev hates Levski.
Levski has a much better team than Botev.
Levski is affraid of Botev, i.e. prefers to have an away game each year at Vidima than Plovdiv, no question.

Hope is alive ... but only just!

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 10:40
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
I do hope that Botev will stay in first division as with Beroe coming up we could meet eachother hehe, the next season.

Would be funnny to beat ya, Bono

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 10:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Beroe is coming back! Didnt know .. .congrats. Things fall back into places slowly. I still miss the good old A Grupa with teams liek Etar, Dunav and Pirin in there. Osum Lovech was a small team from a small town back then.

Anyway, hope we stay ... its always nice to paint Stara Zagora in Yellow and Black on a Sunday afternoon.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2004, 16:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Even I am tempted to go to the stadium and watch the deciding last Botev game. I hope Botev will achieve the miracle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in