Some Info About Levski - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2004, 14:58 Thread Starter
Rookie

Some Info About Levski

Hi,i'm a fan of Levski from Bulgaria. May be you know that Levski is the best bulgarian team.

Here is some info about our teams :

On May 24th, 1914 a group of students from 2nd Sofia male secondary scholl living near a “Vitosha”, “Skobelev” and “Patriarh Evtimii” boulevards of Bulgaria capital have established a sport club. By proposal of one of the founders Boris Vassilev they give it the name of “Sofia sports and football club LEVSKI”. The club bears the name of one of the most renowned Bulgarian national revolutionary of 19th century – Vassil Levski. The 18 years old young man Vlasimir Georgiev-Vladis was elected as the first president of the club. For not more than ten years the club became the most powerful and popular football club not only in Sofia, but in Bulgaria as well.

The first sport dresses of the club were yellow-red shirts with vertical stripes and black shorts. Since 1920 the team plays with blue shirts and shorts and up to present days it is popular as the “blue team of Sofia”.
The oldest and approved statute of the club dates from 1919. The first badge is from 1922 and the oldest club march is from 1924.

Levski plays its first match in championship of Sofia sports league on 18 September 1921 versus the local team of Atletic and wins by 3:1. There is no official championship in the country before 1921.
Until now Levski has played in all 77 championships of Bulgaria, starting from 1924 to 2000 without exception and always in first division. The club never went in lower division, even more – it never took a place below 6th place in final classification. Levski was champion of Bulgaria for 23 times. The club was vice-champion for 26 times and has won 7 times the third place.
Levski is constant participant in the tournament for the Cup of Bulgaria, organized since 1939 (total number of 60). He cup was in possession of the “blues” from Sofia 24 times. In 9 other cases Levski played at the final and in 11 times – at the semi-finals.
In its 86-year history Levski has achieved the “double” for 12 times, winning the championship and the cup of the country, as well. The years of absolute triumph are 1942, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1970, 1977, 1979, 1984,1994,2000 and 2002.

215 football players who have taken participation in the team of Levski, bore in different periods the national shirt in A, B and young teams. The goalkeeper Borislav Mihailov keep the record with 102 participations in the A national team. Georgi Asparuchov, Daniel Borimirov, Dobromir Jechev, Nikolai Iliev, Bojidar Iskrenov, Plamen Nikolov, Nasko Sirakov and Zlatko Yankov have played for more than 50 times in the national team of Bulgaria. Eleven players from Levski has played in the World championship ’94 in the USA where our team achieved its greatest success – 4th place.
Ten players from Levski have been chosen as Bulgaria football player No.1 : As. Pechev (1933), L. Spamboliev (1942), G. Asparuchov (1965), St. Aladjov (1970), K. Ivkov (1974, 1975), P. Panov (1977), Pl. Nikolov (1984), B. Mihailov (1986), N. Iliev (1987), Al. Aleexandrov (1999). Georgi Asparuchov – Gundy has been chosen as Bulgaria football player No.1 for the century according to the research made through all Bulgarian sport journalists.

Levski is the club with greatest number of fans and supporters in the country. They are organized in 104 fan-clubs in Bulgaria and 6 clubs abroad. The fans of Levski are club’s most valuable capital and there devoted support is reason to give them the name of “team’s 12th player”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2004, 15:06 Thread Starter
Rookie

ONLY LEVSKI !!!

Here is some pic-s from Levski Sofia - Slavaia Prague ( Uefa Cup ) :

CLICK HERE !!!

More

And More
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2004, 22:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
WELCOME here levski,

Great posts here and I hope you stay and post on regular basis.

Godo luck against L'pool.

BUT - being a Botev fun and from Plovdiv orginally, i sencerely hope Loco PD to lift the title this year.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2004, 22:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AS Roma, Newcastle
Bono, i am from Plovdiv too, used to support Botev when I was a child. I too hope Loko PD wins the title this year, not because I like them, but because Levski and CSKA irritate me very much.

Anyway, Levski is not the best BG team, you forget to say that CSKA have more titles.

"You don’t play a derby, you win it." - Rudi Garcia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in