1-0 against the 4th in the world - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2003, 12:31 Thread Starter
Premier Player

1-0 against the 4th in the world

Funny,isn't it?

Manchev scored for our team.We had many opportunities to score. Even without Berbatov, Stilian and Marto Petrov we did great.They say Zdravkov was brilliant.

What's important is that we have quite decent and well-performing substitutes. This is a good sign for the improvement of a team.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2003, 13:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
YEs Great result. I dont know about the play and so on, but it looks like we were solid, scored early and hel to it. Quite impressive.

I am aslo glad Manchev who is the leading top scorer in France with Lille, got his chance and took it. He is a fighter and a tough one, which is great. he will make it , I smell.

Great to get this 0-1 away to S. Korea. Sounds quite good to me.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 19:50
xtc
International

Teams: J.......
Whoa!

Firs off - hi, pals.

wow! how? why? what? that's great as I see that our NT is one more time on a good level of performance. ye know, these guys are showing some consistance and that's what counts now, since I had many fears that we , ok, could play a great game vs. some team, but the next we are tottaly outplayed.

sorry to go OT, but....
btw, i'd be happy if you say how the things're going on around you these days.

I'm studyinng in germany sociology and it definitely is a hard stuff considering the abstractness of the stuff and the german language. besides that I have some lectures that are in english so I thought chatting a bit on xtratime won't do any harm to me at all.

well, seems that's all by far since i don't wanna bother you with any more boring stuff.

and one more time - BG NT rocks nowaday

Ciao, Ivan.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2003, 20:06
Legend

So, xtc, now you've ended up in Germany??

Since you are studying sociology, you must have a lot of time on your hands, unlike some of us here who study engineering

And now you guys get to watch your NT be good again while we are left cursing Dejo for Azerbaijan :depress:

Nice vistory against the fluky yet determined Koreans.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2003, 21:10
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrija PFC
So, xtc, now you've ended up in Germany??

Since you are studying sociology, you must have a lot of time on your hands, unlike some of us here who study engineering
hehe, Andrija , let's just say that I prefer to not have so much free time and get my ass over the books I must read (oh, yeah, as if Irvine Welsh's roman FILTH is the book I am supposed to read, oops )
Actually, bro, it's hard in the first months since one needs a special vocabulary for the subject and it's so hard to get the point of those daft sociologists, whose only goal was to steal ideas from one another and make it even harder for understanding

And what about yo, Andrija, what's going on with you - i'd be interested to read in case you#re interested to write.

Ah, and thanx for the congratulations, btw, since I haven't followed football on NT level for the past months could you explain me what's happening with yer NT...

Ciaos.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2003, 23:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Look who is here!

Welcome back, mate! WELCOME BACK!!!

And - I am so happy for you and proud of you! You did it,a? YOU DID IT!

WELL DONE!

Ili na chist bulgarski: Mashala, aferim i ashkolsun!

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2003, 23:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by xtc
... could you explain me what's happening with yer NT...

Ciaos.

The same old, xtc -

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2003, 23:27
Legend

Quote:
Ili na chist bulgarski: Mashala, aferim i ashkolsun!
Cist bugarski bre nema sta

Btw "ashkolsun"?

Masala, aferim I know but the third one
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2003, 12:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hey!

I can't believe it! Nice to see you here again, xtc
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2003, 15:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Askolsun is teh same thing ... well, almost.

Do you remember Toshko Kolev:

"Ashkolsun na maika ti
evala na bastata ti ..."

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2003, 22:47
Legend

@ bono: mothers, gardens?

@ xtc:

Quote:
could you explain me what's happening with yer NT
Well, "genius" Dejo Savicevic, after starting off well (1:1 vs. Italy in Naples, 2:0 vs. Finland at home) totally destroyed us. First we drew 2:2 with Azer. at home. But that wasn't enough for him. Then we lost 0:3 to Finland away. Still he didn't resign. Then we lost 1:2 to Azerbaijan away, the great disgrace. Then we changed coaches, and things went up, we beat Wales 1-0, then in the next game we needed to beat Italy at home while Wales needed to draw Finland, which they did, we played awesome against Italy, Inzaghi scored a lucky one, we equalised late and had another goal annuled b/c of a foul, missed a few great chances and it ended 1:1 :depress: We then beat Wales in Cardiff 3:2 proving again that we are the more qualitative side but they went to the playoffs b/c of Dejo's silly Azeri adventures.
For a change though, our U21 team qualified for Euro2004 and is playing quite well (beat Italy in BG).

Also, my beloved Partizan are in the CL. I get to watch them sometimes here in Canada even, on cable TV

I'm glad to see Bulgaria doing well (again). Hopefully you can make it to the quarters, though my fav team for this Euro will be the Czechs for sure. Btw does Pazin still play for your NT? I heard he was not getting along well with coach Schuster at Shahtar and that he left, together with compatriot Lalatovic.

Quote:
And what about yo, Andrija, what's going on with you - i'd be interested to read in case you#re interested to write.
Ah. I'm in 2nd year engineering here in Toronto now. It's back-breaking hard work. I get to have 28 hrs of class+labs per week, while people studying things such as sociology have 7-10, max. 12. How did you end up in Germany anyways? Why sociology in particular? You don't hear of many ppl entering sociology per se. I'd like to take a soc. course (well I'm taking something similar now), to get a break from all the equations

Last edited by Andrija PFC; November 26th, 2003 at 05:12.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2003, 23:43
xtc
International

Darn, actually when i think twice it comes to mind that I watched the game against Italy, and even if Italy's my fav NT, I must say that I wasn't cheerful at all to see the Serbs beeing out of the europena competition this year.

But was it only up to the coach, or your Nt has some problems with change of old with young generation or sth like this?
U know, we too, had big problems both with coaches and with new players and it took 6 years to solve them (almost!).

ah, that boring Germany, ye know...

Actuall I tried to go in a bg university...

I made exams in Geography (physical and economical geography if u know) and german. 3 of 4 universities got me accepted, u know, but it was pointless - it was all decided before these exams and all the shite around them made me even more confident that bg education on a university level (and unfortunately - not only) is going down for the last 5-6 years - no necessary equipment, fokin drunk and very nasty professors (well, of course not all of them), who want only to get money by letting the students to corrupt them buying the marks from the exams. I got enough of it only for about 2 months - so much pressure.

Well, I can give you a simple example for the purity of the system - in the exams in geography NO ONE reasonable person expected that exactly this topic would be the one to write about (as it had been yet chosen in another university a week ago and in bulgaria it had never, never happened that two universities choose same topics in one student-campaign)...

...But hey, what's up - after the first 30 minutes there were some people, who got already 10 pages written or sth like that. Fokin spastics. :wtf: In the end these people had more than 40 pages written - me , hm, only - 15.

What is more - nowadays the education acquired abroad counts much more to the employeers in Bulgaria. And it's not hard to imagine w-h-y.

Well, why sociology?
Hm, for the last few years - and namely since I was in the gymnasium - I can't say that I was hard learning - extremely poor knowledge in physic, chemistry, biology and mathematic but on the other hand - actually - this is connected with the lazyness followed by ccreativity, u know - almost excellent notes in some of the humanitary sciences - as history (oh, yeah ), geography (if that actually counts into 'humanitary'), literature, english and german languages and in the end - especially in philosophy, ethic and moral and psychology.

But as I said - those very poor notes from the natural sciences made my Diplom looks like as if I'm retard (well, I actually fokin well might be ). My wish was to study tourism, psychology or journalistic (media science), but...

1. there is no subject in the universities as Tourism
2. the other both sujects are N(umerus) C(clausus) - which means - they are limited only for students with high diplom marks as a whole - and I ,obviosly, hm, don't count into it, besides I'm comin from Eastern Europe, don't forget it.

So, I thought, sociology is the most similar subject to those that I want to study for real, and if later there is a chance to get move to another subject - it will be much easier with the adaptation.

By far, I can say that I enjoy the stuff even if there are some problems with the comprehence comming from the poor specific vocabulary and due to the moronic accent by some professors.

We shall see.

How long will you study engeneering? Is the educational system awright...
28 hrs sound quite disturbing to me with my only 15 hrs, haha (well, still 1st semester)
I dunno , but how's engeneering rated in canada - is it easy to get a job or sth. I am satisfied at least taht with sociology, there is a big variety in choosing a job, that could be interesting, cuz u know - it's always easier when you make money from sth that u enjoy, or?

Hmmm.. prett long post, er... hope it wasn't boring.
Btw, today I watched in our mediothek at the university (sth like library, but full of films) Black cat, white cat.... and maaan, somewhat I thought - **** this western style of life - the chaos is the best form of organisation!! The balkan nations rock.. and so on. Hehe, I hope I don't cange my mind in near future and get stupid, cuz u know - when your surrounded by stupid ****s - you become one of them. Here are many of thes. Fortunately, there are also some great mates over here.

hmm... seems like you are gettinng bored, or...

sorry, but I just had to say sth. it's a topic that can be well discussed. However.

Bono, bratle, are u still in USA or what?

Luba, sorry, I can't remember , but are you already in some university or it's this year that you are going to pass the exams (of course that I say confident 'will pass') ?

Thanx.

Ciao.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2003, 01:32
Legend

If 28 sounds sounds disturbing wait for this: next year I will have 35.

In Canada, engineering programs (especially at my University) are basically the hardest things to get into. The program lasts for four years. The educational system is quite alright, although not exactly to my taste always. For example it is much easier to pass an exam and a course here than it is at engineering faculties in Serbia, especially when you consider that class averages are always "normalized" to around 68 - 72 %. However, you can only fail a semester twice and then you're booted out, unlike in Serbia where you can keep on "studying" for years (well soon they will change that). Now with that very fact I have no problem with. However, the exams sometimes test more speed of doing problems than understanding (it's the North American way, make decisions and make them quickly), and the whole 2 semesters are verrry compressed. I have 5 subjects per semester, so 10 per year, 5 final exams in December (soon ), 5 in April, throughout the year there are midterms, tests, quizzes, projects, labs etc. etc. The good part: there are four months of vacation from May 1st/2nd to September 5th/6th. Four months empty nothingness (it's great! ) The bad part: during the other 7 months (there is another 3 weeks break, 2 wks Christmas, 1 week in Feb.) you hardly have time to get your head out of the books (unless you plan on failing, that is).

As for jobs, that's never easy, but lemme tell if I had a sociology degree I'd most definitely be jobless
In Canada people with degrees in humanities either go on to do Masters and PhD.s and become professors, or go to teacher's college afterwards and become public or private school teachers, or go into Law school. People which have humanities degrees and don't do any of the above might go to a college or take a technical course and in any case end up with a job which has pretty much nothing to do with their degree.

Once upon a time I thought it would be nice for me to do at least a Masters degree and even a PhD. (Imagine I could be a "Dr.") but after 2 and 1/2 semesters I'm already sick of it all
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2003, 09:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

xtc, momche

Now, i am back in the good old Europe - in fact not so far - Budapest! Where exactly is that small place of yours again?

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2003, 10:03 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by xtc

Luba, sorry, I can't remember , but are you already in some university
Yup, at the American University in Bulgaria,presently trying to enjoy the last weeks of being a freshman first semester Finals approaching and all the fuss around them
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2003, 19:18
xtc
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrija PFC
However, you can only fail a semester twice and then you're booted out, unlike in Serbia where you can keep on "studying" for years
Haha, unfortunately I am supposed to fail only twice as well. Darn pathetic

Quite the same mate,quite the same - I have to do some homweorks and presentations in every subject as well, or otherwise - they won't let me do the exams in february (soon )
U know, it's kinda hard to speak to these german blokes and girls, stammering all the time, haha. Indeed, I shall see it very soon.

and now - 4 months are plenty of time to get your ass do nothing at all And it starts from May - great. Just when it's spring and you know - by this time one becomes easily lazy cuz of all the blossoming trees and sunshining and of course - very nicely dressed girls

My breaks are:

2 weeks for Xmas
2 months from mid Marc till mid April
3 from mid July (actually depends on how I'll pass/fail the exams) till mid October

Actually with this sociology degree I wanted to say that it's not strongly specifid what kind of job one can do and that's what counts to me. Unlike e.g. a surgeon, who can only do his stuff (or at farthest - write books about health and giving lessons in a university in medcine). But to be frank - in Bulg. it doesn't count what you have learnd and what you know (well, in it'S greatest part) and that'S bloody pathetic - psychology, engeneering, economic - after that everybody becomes shopassistant in McD's or in a local pizza-restaurant (and this is if yer lucky).

Hehe, everyone is way too ambitious in the beginning, but in the end only few succeed in this PhD or Master shite

Bono, bate, how is that Budapest?
And it MUST be fokin well great fo sho full of hot chicks (or at least this is what I know from Fashion TV about the hungarian girls) Is it close to his, eh? Workin or what?

Konstanz, the little city I live and study in, is in the very south of Germany and it actually boarders to Switzerland. Here we got a lake and namely - :Bodensee lake: that is a truly big one. The Rhein river flows into it. Here are some very beatuful sights to capture with a foto, eh... Now it's all about to find a job, lazy me , hmm... hmm...
The unoversity's really great - it has around 10 thousends of students and it has very good equipment and one of the biggest libraries in Germany as a whole. One has all conditions to improve his knowledge here. If the willingness, strenght and constancy are at hand.

Luba, darling, congratulations, girl
What are you studying there? as far as I know that uni is pretty much about economics, PR and journalism, is that right?
Actually my greatest love of all, my piggy (not some fokin big pig, clear? ) and unfortuntely - my sweetest taboo - is studying there as a freshman as well, but 1 year older. Her name is Rayna and she's from Kazanlak. If you see her ever - tell her that I love her, will ya? Thanx. and Im for real, hey. (hm, this one sounds as if we are in some military movie and I'm pretty fokin well dyin' at the front, haha.)

ok, folks...
that's by me for now.
Chat ya later.

Ciao.

VENI. VIDI. VICI.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2003, 11:06 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by xtc

Luba, darling, congratulations, girl
What are you studying there? as far as I know that uni is pretty much about economics, PR and journalism, is that right?
Actually my greatest love of all, my piggy (not some fokin big pig, clear? ) and unfortuntely - my sweetest taboo - is studying there as a freshman as well, but 1 year older. Her name is Rayna and she's from Kazanlak.
I will major in Busines Administration, or maybe a double major(with Economics).I have to declare my major at the end of the sophomore year so I still have time to decide.
Actually AUBG offers ten major programs and JMC(Journalism and Mass Communications) isn't among the most popular
And yes,I think I know Rayna, although I am not completely sure...there may be another one but I may ask
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2003, 23:04
Star Player

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Serbia
Andrija what sort of engineering degree are you doing?. Im doing engineering too .

"I am free of all predjudices. I hate everyone equally."

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2003, 10:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Borba
Andrija what sort of engineering degree are you doing?. Im doing engineering too .
The world will be soon full with Serbian engineers! Where are we heading to? Total distruction?

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2003, 12:16
World Class Player

dont forget many Serbs worked in Bagdad

the only man that could ever love me.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in