CL/UEFA Cup draw - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2003, 17:20 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The Draw

The draw for the first two qualifiyng rounds has been made.

In the Second CL Qualifying Round CSKA will meet the winner of Pyunik(Armenia)-KR(Reykjavic,Iceland)

Levski will play against Atyrau(Kazakhzstan) and Litex-against Zimbru(Moldova),in the qualification round of the UEFA CUP

They shouldn't have any problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2003, 17:56
Premier Player

Zimbru is the most popular names in here, but Litex shouldn't really get much problems in these 2 matches.

The chances for Levski were determined by our media by 99 to 1 which is not very sportsman' like, but still it's the truth .

An' CSKA have only one problem - Mihaj Stoikica (ex-Steaua coach that defeated the reds), but that as well is nothing to worry about, as this time he has a team of lesser value.

I guess we shouldn't pay too big attention here, but concentrate for the next round as it is the time when our teams start to experience troubles.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:36
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
CL/UEFA Cup draw

So here's the draw for Bulgarian sides in the CL and UEFA Cup:

Champions' League:
Punyik Yerevan (Armenia) or KR Reykjavik (Iceland) vs CSKA Sofia

UEFA Cup:
Litex Lovech vs Zimbru Chisinau (Moldova)
FK Aytaru (Kazakhstan) vs Levski Sofia

CSKA will have to wait and find out who their opponents will be, but I doubt either of them would be particularly strong. Litex shouldn't underestimate their opponents while Levski face an unknown quanitity. It remains to be seen whether Bulgarian clubs can build on the improvement made in European competitions last season.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
:depress:

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 18:02
Premier Player

David, sorry for not replying before, we already have a thread on that, so we should better move the two topics.

Then, there is just 3 of us lately here, and there is really more interest in the national teams - volleyball and football. And u said it right these teams appear no serious challange so far, another good reason for the lack of big interest. At least for now our teams show a tendency of a good transfer season despite some sayings in the media - with Altin Hadji being the star name so far. May be we'll put some kind of a show before the games if a fan of the opponents comes here.

Quote:
It remains to be seen whether Bulgarian clubs can build on the improvement made in European competitions last season.
Thx, for the kind words! We really show improvement here and it's miraculous for some reasons. Still we always lack something to really make it. And this season is just another chance for us, I don't put too much of an interest in it as it seems we really gotta change first our league and then try for the big run in Europe for real.

Good luck, to Australia! Kewell has had an amazing season,and it would be really great to watch him leading ur team in the World Cup competition.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 18:56 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I've merged the two threads because they are about the same thing,it doesn't matter that much but ..

Actually,I don't think any of our teams will advance more in this year's UEFA competitions.At least at the present moment I don't see in Litex,Levski or CSKA the ability to make the step thatwas always needed in previous years.There is a particular stage which when reached becomes too difficult to be overcomed.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 19:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Let me see if I get it ...

This is 2nd QR for CL and if CSKA wins against Stoica team hen they play in the 1rd and LAST round before the real CL groups? And it is still not clear whom they might meet? Correct?

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 19:53
Premier Player

Correct, Bono, for the past few years Bulgarian UEFA coef. has risen enough, so we get a spot in the second round and there CSKA and Levski are set teams - meaning they get easier opponents.
And the draw for the final qualification round for the CL is to be held just before the matches of CSKA with Punyik or Reykjavik. One thing is sure there, CSKA won't be a set team, meaning they will get the chance to meet pretty much the best opponents in this stage.
And I can see Luba's pesimistic mood in there, may be - due to the lack of serious intrigue * in the championship and the usual practice to get big serious players for one year, just before the Euro tournaments and then being unable to hold them .
So things are pretty much the same this year, and I only get some positive sparkle in my mind because our NT is luring fans back to the stad, and possibly they'd be giving their best for their beloved teams just for one more season :depress:
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 20:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by giani_82
And I can see Luba's pesimistic mood in there, may be - due to the lack of serious intrigue * in the championship and the usual practice to get big serious players for one year, just before the Euro tournaments and then being unable to hold them .
You can say that,yes. I am sure the history's to be repeated but on the other side I do hope our teams manage to show how much they have improved. For me is enough to see real motivation, and most of all we'll need lots of luck.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 20:59
Premier Player

Ahh, u show some improvement my patient

Don't worry, we've already got expirience in there! Plus the fact that u now have Velizar who is more of a leader than Manchev, had a nice start with the fans (unlike Berbatov, Vlado and Bukarev), seems he is going to stay, and the confidence he demonstrated on the field against Belgium is a good sign for some future in front of him. Plus Gyrgorov in the midfield, u'r packed enough at least to try.
The only unsecure field seems to be how the newbies will adapt, Hadji won't get much probs, but the young ones will need time.

Still this is only my possitive view on the matter. But if any Bg team is to achieve something good, I think the fans will be those who'll do 50 % of the work
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Ahh, u show some improvement my patient
I owe it to you The best doctor I've ever had

Quote:
I think the fans will be those who'll do 50 % of the work
There will always be a place for you at 'Bulgarian Army'

Velizar really looked very serious and determined against Belgium but he didn't prove very efficient. We'll see how the issue with the new players will develop with the first friendlies.

Actually I have no idea what's happening in Levski.Too bad, I guess I have to be more interested
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2003, 13:36
Premier Player

Yeah, thx, though the doctor is the one with the more serious issue

Quote:
There will always be a place for you at 'Bulgarian Army'
I won't be much of a help there, though if u happen to meet Milan, then we have a different case.

And Velizar really wasn't that bad - he played at a different position than his usual. But no one expected him to act so natural in that role as he has always been more of a forward.

On Levski and the rest of BG teams I'm about to post on how is their summer transfer policy going on, so u'd have enough info on them
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2003, 13:56 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
But no one expected him to act so natural in that role
yup,we didn't see any of his tricky 'velizarki'
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2003, 19:40
Rookie

You say that Lovech's tie will be easy.

I wouln't say so. I think it's the most difficult tie in the group they could have.

Remember last season, Zimbru won against IFK Göteborg.
And some seasons ago, they got to the 3rd qualifying round of CL, losing just two times 0-1 against Sparta.

Lovech has to pay attention to this tie.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2003, 20:47 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I am sure that our teams will pay enough attention to any of the opponents.

But yet considering the great expectations we have Litex should not have big problems,of course anything can be expected even at this stage
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2003, 15:10
Rookie

Teams: Liverpool
I think then this years CZKA will go in Champions Leage

11 years after when begin CL is too many for missing Bulgarian teams ...

Levski and Litex not need have problems with this "teams"

Nick
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2003, 15:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
koko70

WELCOME BABY!

DOBRE DOSHAL ...

So happy to see another Bulgarian here!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2003, 06:23
Rookie

Teams: Liverpool
Thank you Bono !!!

Nick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in