Footy or soccer or ........ - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2003, 18:18 Thread Starter
Star Player

Footy or soccer or ........

I noticed you guys are passionate about footy and know quite abit.But what do you rate better or follow more Footy or Soccer.

I dont really watch Footy anymore because i find Soccer so good now footy is well quite crap at times.

Easy Soccer for me Footy's 4th behind Soccer(1),Cricket(2),Boxing(3).I played a season once got B&F in me first season when i was 13 with the sh!tty Edgewater FC.Never played again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2003, 10:24
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
footy number 1 without a shadow of a doubt

it used to be soccer, but the way soccer has changed over the last decade, well quite frankly it is sh!thouse compared to when the dutchmasters plied their trade at milan and with the orange machine that won euro88 (i still get wet when i think abt that), when maradonna graced the tv screens, when Yugoslavia had a team that consisted of

boban
savicevic
stoichovic
prosineski
mihailovic
jugovic
jarni et all

soccer these days is bullsh!t for the most part, its become too professional, no players dribble through defences, its speed and strength that makes a player these days not vision, skill and most importantly a football brain and for the team its all abt numbers, midfielders are second defenders, theres no 1 on 1,

arsenal, Real, Milan and manchester Utd are the exceptions to the rule and at least teams like Newcastle, southampton and Man City have a dig, too few though
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2003, 11:04
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Honestly fella's I wont even trying to split which one I love better cause I cant !! I love them both Footy & soccer. Even though I was a sh!t loads better cricketer in my sporting abilities I find cricket as boring as batsh!t sometimes & cant drag my self to watch it

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2003, 13:24
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Yup, I love footy and soccer equally, although I get to see AFL live in person a lot more than the NSL.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2003, 16:06 Thread Starter
Star Player

I forgot Rugby Union aswell in my list.I think the reason i dont like footy is the skill factor.Dont get me wrong theres people like Matera,Farmer,Burns and so on who are skillfull and put the ball to the right of them and Bourke a defender but then you see Rivaldo score a perfectly executed overhead kick from outside the box and then that's when you realise that soccer is infact better than footy

Also all my Scouser family teased me when i played footy yer know only Australia play it and short-shorts and it kinda put me off it.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2003, 04:25
International

Yeah I don't know it's all relative.

We take skills like Buckley drilling a goal on full-sprint from 60 metres out, Darren Jarman weaving past three guys to score a checkside goal with no daylight between the posts, Michael Voss hitting Alistair Lynch on the tit from 50 metres away in traffic with both men running fullspeed etc etc for granted.

If you weigh it up the skill level is just as high IMO.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2003, 12:18
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by dyertribe
Yup, I love footy and soccer equally, although I get to see AFL live in person a lot more than the NSL.
You been a member since Day 1 ??

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2003, 13:37
International

Nah I had a friend who had a spare season ticket that his brother had, but he continually couldn't go due to work commitments so I got to go on and off from 1995 onwards. Then in 1997 the brother couldn't be arsed paying fullprice for the ticket and hardly seeing any games so I got the membership transferred into my name.

Rather lucky considering I also upgraded it to a Gold Membership which got me first refusal on away Showdown, home and away finals and Grand Final tix

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2003, 13:17
Star Player

Member of FFC since June 1994

I have not waited more than 12 days in total to renew my membership in total since

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2003, 05:05
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Football is first for me. For all of my life I had loved Aussie Rules.

Soccer has only had the pleasure of being watched by myself for 5 years.

Cricket is third.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2003, 08:43
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
It used to be Footy and cricket, until I discovered the world game in August 1999.

Before then, if you asked me any score from 1993-1999, any team, any game, top goal scorer, brownlow medal winners, I would have told you just like that.

Now I am lucky to know a quarter of those things.

Soccer has taken over my life, and along with cricket I love these sports to death. Footy is probably pushed back to 4 or 5 now, too much bull**** with umpires favouring the Vic teams in my opinion.

FatCop, maybe I have played againt you before I used ot play for Sorrento Duncraig for 5 years.

Was King Italy..

Last edited by King Italy; January 27th, 2003 at 08:45.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2003, 16:46 Thread Starter
Star Player

Sorrento-Duncraig !!! Bunch of Arsewipes

I only know two people there the Priddis brother's Great players,Do you know them.In my first 2 seaons we kicked your Arse then it turned around.Brown and yellow

Like you i developed a love for the world game late.I used to be in to footy even though half my family are Liverpool and the other Kiwi and were in to Rugby U.Owen's goal at 17 against the Argies was the deciding factor.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2003, 00:39
International

Umpires favouring the Victorian sides?

Please, have you ever watched an Adelaide home match?

And isn't it enough that you already get twice as much money from the AFL for the salary cap?

AC MILAN
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2003, 03:34
International

Quote:
Originally posted by The Shev
Please, have you ever watched an Adelaide home match?
Please tell me you're kidding. I can highlight numerous matches where we clearly got murdered by the umps.

The second half of the Adelaide - Essendon 1993 Prelim was the worst... the FK kick in the second half was 18 to Essendon, 2 to us.

And in 97, 98 and 99 we finished bottom of the freekicks for count (if my memory serves).

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2003, 10:22
International

Oh please, Adelaide home games are so influenced by the mogrels in the crowd. The men in white **** themselves and give away ridiculous free-kicks.

Oh, and who remembers the Colbert mark in 1997?

Gee, that's a bit suspect.

AC MILAN
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2003, 05:41
Rising Star

All a Carlton player at Optus oval has to do is fall and he will get a free kick.
I hardly watch the interstate sides in Vic - they just get hammered by the Ump unmercifully.

Long may the Interstate sides win those Grand Finals - this time hopefully it will be an interstate side that meets Brisbane in this years Grand Final.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2003, 06:26
Star Player
Star Player

no oofence but u guys are full of sh!t, nothin personal ure both good blokes BUT THATS A LOAD OF STEAMIN HORSE TURD......................
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2003, 08:25
International

Who is?
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2003, 11:43
Star Player
Star Player

the intertsaters who claim umpires favour VIC sides LOL, that truly is a pearler...........
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2003, 12:19
International

Right that's it Tiges... I've had just about enuff of your Interstate bashing, let's fcuken go!! :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in