Official Trade Rumours Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 01:26 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
Official Trade Rumours Thread

COME ON BOYS THIS IS THE BEST PART OF THE SEASON, THE HOPE OF LANDING a big recruit and trading off trash for cash

thus far:
-balke caracella wants OUT! a likely trade to the blues or stkilda for allan or everitt on the cards.

-richo will sign for the tiges this week, contrary to claims hes already signed with the blues

-Jason torney has been released from the tigers and has indicated he wants back to his homeland adelaide.

-headland will stayin brisbane (sorry couts)

more to com im sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 05:39
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Mark Ricciuto wants to be a plumber and Simon Goodwin a carpenter, hence their withdrawal from the International Rules tour

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 12:09
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Here is one that was tossed up today.

A homesick Adam McPhee coming back home to Essendon in exchange for a Dean Rioli needing a change of scenery. IMO Essendon will be getting the better of the deal but we will see what Freo does , the kids rated highly !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 13:42
International

I know it's flogging a dead-horse, especially with the Essendon faithful but imagine how good Rioli would be if he'd bother to knuckle down, lose weight and concentrate on playing the game which provides him with his living?!

It's so irritating from a neutral perspective ...

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 15:17
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Essendon will sign a big name ruckman to replace the current crop of Salmon, Alessio and Hille. Peter Everitt of St. Kilda, Matthew Allan of Carlton or one the Brisbane Lions ruckman who they will likely trade off.

They will also probably offload Blake Caracella to a club in need of a classy midfielder in exchange for a key position player.

Adelaide should sign Carey (I know that we know he has chosen Adelaide, but at the end of the day it is up to the Kangaroos who decide where he will go) If you let me explain this situation it will make a bit of sense. Carey has chosen the Crows and it is expected he will sign for them. However the key factor is whether Kangaroos accept the Crows offer or not. If they do, then Carey will go to Adelaide. If they don't accept the offer then Carey will go into the draft and the Crows lose him. However, if Carey didn't sign for Adelaide then the Kangas would lose him without getting anything in return. Obviously they want something for Carey so at the end of the day the Kangas will have to accept whatever the Crows offer as it will be better than nothing.

Brisbane will sign a key forward to replace the retired star Alastair Lynch. Maybe they will use one of the ruckmen or even Dessy Headland as trade bait. A possible trade could even be Matthew Richardson to Brisbane for maybe Headland and a draft pick which would perfectly suit both clubs, however I doubt that would happen.

Don't expect Carlton to sign that big name they have been blabbing about. Firstly they are deep in debt from the Legends Stand and secondly they could possibly have breached the salary cap.

Melbourne could offload a star to stay under the salary cap, someone who comes out of contract this year. Adem Yze, Stephen Powell, Travis Johnstone or Russell Robertson could be one of the possibilities.

That's all I can think of at the top off my head at 12:20am.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2002, 15:31
International

Quote:
Originally posted by The Shev
Adelaide should sign Carey (I know that we know he has chosen Adelaide, but at the end of the day it is up to the Kangaroos who decide where he will go) If you let me explain this situation it will make a bit of sense. Carey has chosen the Crows and it is expected he will sign for them. However the key factor is whether Kangaroos accept the Crows offer or not. If they do, then Carey will go to Adelaide. If they don't accept the offer then Carey will go into the draft and the Crows lose him. However, if Carey didn't sign for Adelaide then the Kangas would lose him without getting anything in return. Obviously they want something for Carey so at the end of the day the Kangas will have to accept whatever the Crows offer as it will be better than nothing.
Indeed I think we all know that much and you've summed it up well ...

In regards to the offseason hijinx and shenanigans down at West Lakes:

The wildcard is Victorian midfielder Kane Johnson. The club and Sugar are currently in contract negotiations at the moment, but if anyone was to go either directly to the Kangas or to another club in an indirect trade it would be him.

The ex-Kangaroo CHF/CHB Mark Stevens could well be another ace in the pack known as trade-bait. He left the Kangas to get opportunities that weren't there with Carey ahead of him in the pecking order and might take a punt and go back to Arden Street - although I would love to see him move back to CHB (Hee-haw McGregor is an All-Australian chocolate teapot) with the King slotting in nicely at CHF.

We've done well lately in player-trades with the club robbing Carlton blind last season

Eccles (Never was any good, doesn't move right and kicks like a 9-iron) and Gallagher (fair dinkum worst player I've seen at pull on the tricolours) for Ben Nelson and Kris Massie

I couldn't believe it!!! Hopefully the club don't do anything stupid or rash and sacrifice our first couple of picks and Sugar though

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2002, 13:13
Star Player

Whats this story I heard today tiges ???

Tarrant has walked out on Collingwood & wants to go to Essendon ??? Perhaps a straight swap for Caracella ??

Collingwood dont seem to be happy

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 07:30
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Ive heard those rumours as well about Tarrant also that Buckley was'nt to imressed about tarrants so called performance in the Granny.another one is that we've been well aware of for a while is the nick Davis saga who wants to go back home.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 12:39
Star Player

Whats this one that Mick Malthouse is sick & leaving this season ???

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 12:46 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

christi has already officially called that a vicious untrue rumour couts.........

abt tarrant havent heard anything yet, but it dont surprise me one bit, hes a bad seed, misses training regularly and pays lip service to any1 who gets on his case....malthouse dont want him

rioli *tiger sighs*

of all the players melbourbne is trying to re-sign robertson is most likely to go...........

bradshaw to leave brisbane, id take him in a second!
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 13:56
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerTUFF

rioli *tiger sighs*

!
Watcha heard ???

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 15:06
International

Ahh Christi Malthouse ... she sure sh1ts all over Dixie Marshall

Remember her?!!

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 15:08
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Dunno if Bradshaw will leave because Lynch has already gone so Brisbane won't want to go without a big forward.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 15:36
Star Player

1st of all i would like to say that this is a "out there" kind of rumour
anyways here's the rumour, i heard that the AFL might let 2 New Zealand teams join the AFL to make the competition more interesting
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 16:07
International

LOL Alarich!

You shouldve saved that one for April 1!!!

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2002, 07:38
Star Player

bit late now
anyways, here's a real rumour, Winston Abraham might move back to WA
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2002, 09:05
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Alarich
bit late now
anyways, here's a real rumour, Winston Abraham might move back to WA
This is from the know Alarich , Winston Abraham will play for Perth Football Club in the WAFL next season , neither Freo or the Eagles are interested.
He has been living in Perth for 5 months !!

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2002, 23:38 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

dt question:

I reckon kane or sugar as u call him, is a gr8 player, in his prime, twice premiership player and still young abt 24? in a word is he worth the number 4 draft pick?

rumour

carey to crows, johnson to tiges, and draft pick 4 to the roos.....
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2002, 03:43
International

He'd be worth about a number 4 pick or higher ...

Before he got those soft-tissue injuries in the middle of the season he was leading the Crows B&F and had a few votes in the Brownlow. I'd be reluctant to see him leave though. A fit midfield rotation of McLeod, Ricciuto, Goodwin and Johnson fed by Clarke and Biglands would almost assure us of another September tilt.

It's all a question of whether we'd give him up for a battered 31 year old adulterer with bad shoulders ...

Personally I think the Crows would say he's out of bounds but as we've all alluded here, we have to give the Creditors ... sorry, the Kangaroos something.

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2002, 04:24
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Crawford's signed a 4 year deal with the Hawks. The Pies and McGuire can forget about him

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in