Magpie boys miss out on All australian selection. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2002, 02:38 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Magpie boys miss out on All australian selection.

One of the biggest arguments going around at the moment are the lack of presence of any collingwood players in the all australian team.With a side that has finished in the Top 4 do you think players like Licuria and Prestigiacomo were stiff to miss out?
as the saying goes not everyone can make it and as Collingwood will do like just no other side will have reacted as using this as a motivating tool.But in my opinion it was a good side to be selected all the players were worthy placements.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2002, 13:45
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
I dont rate any Collingwood players even Buckley !! , Even though I hate them I'll admit they play a good team game , but really have no standouts !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2002, 03:50 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Im with you Coutts I started this thread because I wondered what you guys thought,But I cant stand Collingwood in reality and I dont feel sorry that none of them missed out,GO CROWS.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2002, 16:51
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by MR MEAZZA
,GO CROWS.
Bloody South Aussies !!
but I tell you , it must be a worry for the Vics that both teams from WA & SA both had improved seasons and all look to be stronger next season !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2002, 17:08
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
The thing that makes me laugh about everything is we only lost by 4 and a half goals, away from home, on the road for the fourth straight week, with two of our best players (McLeod & Edwards) going down during the game and another of our best 10 Bickley out through suspension.

We can only get better if we seal the Carey deal.

Unless Essendon can secure a quality ruckman they'll continue to slide - Collingwood looks like the only healthy Victorian side at the moment - which as much as I'd like to gloat isn't good for the game.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2002, 17:16
Star Player

You are right about the Vic teams but Essendon need more than a ruckman , I feel they will slide for 1 more year before they climb , I hear them snakes are already lining up Chris Judd for 2004 !!! any ways I fell Geelong & St Kilda will be on the rise as will Carlton but after finishing 16th thats always the case , Kanga's & the Western Bulldogs are really at the crossroads on & off the field I feel a bad season for either of them teams could spell the end for them both, the Hawks are in turmoil & I reckon Terry Wallace will be coach of them sooner than later , Richmond I feel did over perform in 2001 and under performed in 2002 , they will stabilise next season & will have to try and build on that & Melbourbne & Collingwood are the best teams in Victoria atr the moment , but I think Melbourne are a better team but are inconsistent , Collingwood I hate so you wont hear anything good from me !!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2002, 13:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree I put the Western Bulldogs up near Collingwood whoever takes over will have inherited a strong and a list with so much potential.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2002, 14:55
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
But like the Kangas the Bullies have been forced to have a reduced salary-cap which will obliterate any chance the Doggies have of building a good side or being able to keep the talented youngsters they have when their contracts come up for renewal.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in