Weak as piss... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:03 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Weak as piss...

What a time to play your worst game of the year.

Fair dinkum, I got so pissed off with our performance tonight I switched over to FOXTEL and watched Dude, Where's My Car?.

Seriously as this level you can't give your opponent any breaks - If Brett Burton kicks straight in the first five minutes of the game we'd have been 3 goals up and from there anything can happen. Instead, he kicks like a donkey and it takes us almost the entire match to kick what we should've kicked in the those first five minutes.

Piss weak.

Bring on a Neitz barrage next week so I can be put out of my misery.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:18
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
not weak, just outgunned simple as that...............weak as piss is when the opposition start doing party tricks and play champayne footy, that brissie didnt do, you guys were hard at it but came up against a team far superior physically and skillfully to the rest of the comp......bad luck at the start but that would have only prolonged the belting by abt a half......................

not over by a long shot, if u fix up melb or nth next week and come up against the pies in the prelim well anythings possible....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:26 Thread Starter
International

Yeah I was looking at the tackle count and our players' penchant for going arse-over-tit when the ball was there to be won.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:26
Star Player

yeah i saw this game as well (on Capital since Ten were showing a movie) and i really can't see anything else but Brissy winning back to back premierships

The only other two contenders in my eyes were Essendon and Port Power and based on this weeks performances, Power don't see to have it when it comes to finals (i think they have lost all 4 finals matches they have been involved in during their short history) and the Bombers didn't exactly look convincing against a West Coast side who were playing their hearts out and i wonder if Lloyd will be available next week after that sickening head-clash
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:31
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by dyertribe
Yeah I was looking at the tackle count and our players' penchant for going arse-over-tit when the ball was there to be won.
thats simply b/c u were outgunned by a stronger and better team, they came out to make a statement tonite and u were like lambs surrounded by wolves.......just too good

also Id like ure take on this dt, one way or another I didnt give a rats ass who won but I watched the game and it seemed every free that was half there was never paid to adelaide, I agree with letting the softer ones go in finals footy but Voss was getting them in the first quarter and the crows never seemed to get that 'in the back' decision

Last edited by tigerTUFF; September 7th, 2002 at 13:35.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:41
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Andreas
yeah i saw this game as well (on Capital since Ten were showing a movie) and i really can't see anything else but Brissy winning back to back premierships

The only other two contenders in my eyes were Essendon and Port Power and based on this weeks performances, Power don't see to have it when it comes to finals (i think they have lost all 4 finals matches they have been involved in during their short history) and the Bombers didn't exactly look convincing against a West Coast side who were playing their hearts out and i wonder if Lloyd will be available next week after that sickening head-clash
The AFL has created a giant, they are scary good, better than essendon of 2000/01, if they stay together they'll create a golden dynasty to rival melbourne of the 50's
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 13:45 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerTUFF
The AFL has created a giant, they are scary good, better than essendon of 2000/01, if they stay together they'll create a golden dynasty to rival melbourne of the 50's
First thing I want to see is this bullsh1t concession that they and Sydney have an extra million in the cap to 'retain' players.

If anyone needs a player retention bonus in the cap it's Adelaide and Freo! Every single Victorian kid we've drafted bar a couple have pissed off back home at first opportunity.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2002, 19:23
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
2 words - BRISBANE AWESOME

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2002, 05:19 Thread Starter
International

Some reward for finishing third eh lads?!!!

We go up to Brisbane, lose, then have to play at the MCG the week after! How does that work?

Should've finished 7th like the Roos who have got 4 straight games at the G if they're good enough.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2002, 06:17
Star Player
Star Player

yeah a mongrel, y should u have to play melb or nth at the G?????? ...............AFL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in