If my tiges have any heart........ - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 14:52 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
If my tiges have any heart........

they'll win one more game for the season on friday night for MATTY! and 60,000 of the yellow and black army will fork out one last time for the season to farewell a club champ.

in an era where the club has really hit rock bottom, knights has been a champ and inspirition and shinning light for many years. All the best and i'll never forget the 3 bouncing goals against the bombers in front of the most delirious crowd Ive ever been a part of in the 95 final series, a cherished memory

and also a special mention to another little brave champ, little libba, all 163 cm of him the North reject come brownlow medalist! both retiring this weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 15:04
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Mattheww Knights was a class player. Straight from the topshelf from the period 1991-99. I wish him all the best in his new life !!!!!!!!!!

Tiges Am I fair to say he perhaps retired a season too late ????????

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 15:09 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

couts thats a fair and correct statement from where I sit,

the writing was on the wall from last season

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 15:12
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Thats the way things pan out sometimes. It wouldve in my view been better if Benny Gale played on Matty Knights at out . I think come the end of the season Richmond will clean its deck and start fresh.
Tiges the big question , Will Spud Frawley keep his job??? Ricmond always have sharp knives in the closet for them !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 15:23 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Frawley is safe, of that I am super confident, hes quality and the proof is in the pudding, finally the coach is calling the shots around there, hes stamping his own style onto the list and unfortunately for them knights, daffy, gale etc were not part of it, he has the full endorsement of the hierarchy to mould the team as he sees fit.......

last year the clean-up started and whilst I beleive I stated on this forum that we may have to take a step -back b4 we go forward I must admit I didnt think it would be this drastic

knights is gone, daffy-did u know we are still paying 300,000 towards his contract this season?? thankfully that finishes so thats abt 700,000 freed up automatically. and with richo more than likely going there will be lots of changes, which I am welcoming. We've been scared of change and placed faith in players who were not really top-drawer to be frank, so a final clean sweep will be a breath of fresh air.

we really screwed up with the ben holland deal, we should have taken kane johnson when we had the chance I was cursing all summer!!!

and B.Gale, still had a bit, but stafford is a good get, Im sure in the long run he'll repay our investment
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2002, 16:37
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
First Schwatter, then Plugger, then Neiter, now Knighter and Libber ... five of the best gone.

Who's gonna be next? Braddles? ...

Just a note on Libber, he also won the U-19 and Reserves Brownlow Medals when he was coming through the grades before he won the 1990 Brownlow - that is an acheivement and a half for a bloke who's always had to try harder than most just to keep his name on the teamsheet.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2002, 04:10
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Two more great champions have gone from the game, and boy are they champions. I really think Knights had something left in, contrary to what some others think, and I think Sheedy was being serious about drafting him next season. After watching the game on Friday night and seeing Knights go around the Oval I must admit I almost cried even though I don't have any real link to the Richmond Footy Club or Knights, it's just sad to see those sort of things.

Same goes with Libba.

Was King Italy..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in