Note to FOX, 9 & 10 - BAN THE ZOOM-IN! ... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 15:10 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Note to FOX, 9 & 10 - BAN THE ZOOM-IN! ...

We all know what a player marking and running with a football looks like - you don't need to zoom-in to the point where all you can see is the player's pores.

Personally, I'd like to see what options the player has on up the ground or whether a bloke is in the clear when he's got the pill.

IMO Soccer coverage sh1ts on AFL coverage because the cameramen and sports director don't insult the viewing public by thinking we're so stupid we'll be distracted and interested by the players appearance, not the actual state-of-play.

Hell, if I wanted to see a close-up of a footy guernsey I'd take the ol' handycam down to Rebels and ask the sales-assistant extra-nicely whether I could shoot 120 minutes of the clothing racks ...

What does everybody else reckon???

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 15:22
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
thats why i enjoy it live better than on tv even if i AM in the clouds on the top deck of the southern, I like to see the way players have broken up field.

actually thats one of the reassons why Ive come to like the bulldogs so much, b/c a few seasons ago I had the privilege of watching live one of the most destructive running brigades Ive ever seen, to see johnson, smith, west and co run 100 metres sprinting time and again in the last quarter, they literally ran our players into the ground and u could see our spirit broken, its the only time Ive ever clapped the opposition instead of spit at my team, and I wouldnt have seen it this way if I watched it on the tube...........
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 15:50 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
I know exactly what you mean ...

When I saw Darren Jarman and Andrew McLeod dismantle St. Kilda in the 1997 GF from the back-row of the The Great Southern Stand and then watched it back on TV, the coverage absolutely did not do justice to the play at all.

To all of you who haven't seen McLeod, Carey, Buckley, Jarman, Wanganeen and Voss play live then you are missing out - remember the best game you ever saw them play on TV and multiply it by 20 to include work off the ball, shepherds and the other assorted 1-percenters that the cameras never pick up.

TT, regarding the Bullies midfield, I've seen them at their best and worst - they might not have the glamour of Brisbane or Adelaide's midfield but damn can they run and create for 4-quarters. If only they had a couple of tall defenders (a la Wakelin, Fletcher, Leppitsch, etc) to take care of things down back they could really do some damage.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 08:05
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Yer that really ****s me.

I reckon Channel 7 did a much better job than any of these other three channels, but even they were so great.

I hate close-ups and I also hate when they take a kick-in and use the camera from behind the goals, and continue to use that camera even when the ball is on the other side of the field. That view is too far away and it ****s me.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2002, 10:15
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
Ive seen Jars, wanganeen, CAREY and ablett live and ure right TV, does not do them justice! When you see 2 and 3 guys bustling carey when the balls 50 metres up the park then see him take an easy grab you really appreciate what a gun he is...........

on the bullies, mate I reckon they are 2 quality talls from being a premiership contender, throw a key forward and key back in there to compliment bandy and Grant and u have an almost complete side

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in