Fed up with the Dockers - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 07:17 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Fed up with the Dockers

I say kick them out. This is their 7th year in the AFL and what have they done, f*ck all except play crap footy and blow good leads.

I am so mad with this team why do they always let me down

Was King Italy..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 08:02
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Not to mention:

Crap Colours - Purple?? Green???
Crap Mascot - A "docker?"
Crap Cheersquad - Do they still wear purple overalls and pull that giant papier-mache anchor onto the field before each home game?
Crap Song - "Freo Heave-Ho" ???
Crap Recruiting - Lets delist Peter Bell and turn down Andrew McLeod, draft Fabian Francis and oops sorry Fabian we can't fit you into the cap, even though you've already sold your house in Adelaide and moved to WA ... fancy a year in Westar Rules?

I've always disliked the Dockers ... I know the majority of people who frequent this forum are West Aussies but damn, if you're going to enter the premier competition in a given sport at least take the fcuken thing seriously!!

KI, don't get too down on that loss - no-one has ever beaten the Kangaroos at Manuka, and the Kangas have beaten Port Adelaide at Footy Park, Adelaide at Manuka and Essendon at the MCG this year, so a 1-point loss is no disgrace.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 04:56 Thread Starter
Legend

Kenny I don't care about the stats but how they blew away that game was beyond me. I have watched them do this crap for 7 years and I am fed up with it. They only kicked 2 goals after half time, but the talking point of the year has been their first quarter starts and how weak they are but in the second half they always power home but looks like yesterday was the complete opposite.

A lot of times in our history we have been say 6-6 or 6-7 whatever and have always had a simple run home and everyone expects them to make the finals but they always f*ck it. I remember in 1997 our 3rd year all we had to do in the last game of the season was to beat wooden spooners Melbourne and we were in the 8, but we ****en lost

Kenny, completely disagree with you about the song, it is no doubt the best in the comp, and most Vics would agree with me there too bad we hardly f*cken here it

Was King Italy..

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 09:02
Star Player

don't knock the dockers
pesa all u ever do is complain, and look at the negative side of things, sure the dockers been pretty crappy lately for the last 7 years, and sure Port Powers been around for only a short period and they're already on their to win the cup.
But hey , you've got to look at the bigger picture, look into the future. the dockers have a great squad, young and talented, so its only a matter of time before they mature and become legends, and what about the coach, Chris Connolly, he's been fantastic(not all the time though) either way, he's the best coach the dockers had had. and i tell ya, in 2 years time, this club is gunno be (almost)unbeatable. so your honour, i rest my case
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 09:15 Thread Starter
Legend

That's the longest and best ever post you have probably ever written here

And the first time I have listened to one of your posts

Was King Italy..
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 09:49
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Alarich
Port Power's been around for only a short period and they're already on their to win the cup.
The difference is the basis of Port Adelaide is an 130 year old football club in South Australia that is the most successful in the country (37 Premierships).

People outside of SA underestimate the Power when they say they've only been around for a short period - technically that's true, but they've got more tradition and success than Collingwood.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 12:01
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
AND they are still furious and privately seething they got duped and shafted when they applied for the AFL licence the crows got

They are proud and have a winners mentality, thats why most ppl knew it was only a matter of time b4 they started doing what they are doing now
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 12:14
Star Player

Cheer up KI

They couldn't be anyworse than the North Queensland cowboys in the NRL :rollani:....they seem to have been in the comp for an enternity and battle for the wooden spoon every year...despite changing several coaches. I don't even think God could make them a successful team

Actually i am getting really frustrated with seeing the Swannies losing close games all the time :frustrat:. I guess the coaching change only brought a temporary positive response :depress:. I don't quite know what it is that they are missing. Apparently there are rumours that the "King" (of bonking IMO ) may join next season but in a city of high morals as Sydney is, i'm not sure he'll be accepted. And he won't go to Brizzy cause then Ackers will go and play Rugby
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 15:01
International

Carey at the Swans wouldn't work ...

Half their games are played at the SCG which is the size of a putting-green and as we all know, the positions of CHF and CHB are practically non-existant because of this.

Not to mention he'd have to battle with Bustling and Mickey O to get the Sherrin ...

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 12:34
Premier Player

Sydney Swans - The retirement village of the AFL
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 02:53
Rookie

I hate Dockers. They don't make them big enough for me.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 07:46
Star Player

hey big ed
if u hate the dockers, than why on earth do u have the dockers avatar
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 08:54
International

Alarich, I think he was attempting to be funny - there's an American brand of jeans named Dockers - hence "they don't make them big enough" ...

Yawn ...

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2002, 04:39
Premier Player

Heheheheheee
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2002, 15:16
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by dyertribe
Alarich, I think he was attempting to be funny - there's an American brand of jeans named Dockers - hence "they don't make them big enough" ...

Yawn ...
ohhhh
thank for clearing that out for me
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2002, 15:16
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Quote:
Originally posted by dyertribe

The difference is the basis of Port Adelaide is an 130 year old football club in South Australia that is the most successful in the country (37 Premierships).

People outside of SA underestimate the Power when they say they've only been around for a short period - technically that's true, but they've got more tradition and success than Collingwood.
& let us not forget Fremantles Football heritage . East & South Fremantle in the WAFL history have claimed 46 premierships between them.
& let me put these facts down to you

* Fremantle received minimal draft concessions compared to , Adelaide , Brisbane , West Coast & Sydney ( & For you info this club has an half million in their salary cap than all other teams !! )

* Port Adelaide has 130 years plus of heritage as the sole entity of a club.

* Fremantle has been shafted like no other club in ways like..... & this is a huge sticking point amongst supportters ..... Being owned by the same pusnuts as the Eagles. The Eagles had all their plush surrounding built by the WAFC whilst Freo members chipped in for the Freo headquarters. Fremantle supporters know aswell as the WAFC if the Fremantle Dockers FC were to be taken over by new owners or shareholders the WC Eagles will for ever be living in the shadow of Fremantle

* Gerard Neesham in a way was a good coach but was a poor judge of identifying talent

* Damien Drum was hired by WAFC( Influenced by the WCE ) & not the Fremantle Dockers ( their choice was Ken Sheldon )

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2002, 15:21
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Any more questions about Freo ???????

Any Eagles supporters out there who witnessed the flogging today ?????

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2002, 17:14
Star Player

flogging? what flogging
it was more like a massarce
the dockers beated the living daylight out of the eagles with their anchors
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 12:35
International

Couto5 ... don't give me this crap at the Dockers having it tougher than other interstate clubs at inception ...

Freo had guys like Jeff White, Peter Bell, Winston Abraham, Spider Burton etc on their initial list and were ultra-competitive with guys like Scott Chisholm becoming stars overnight - don't forget you also had Ben Allan who was arguably the league's best midfielder at the time and seasoned key-players like Peter Mann and Stephen O'Reilly come and play - they also had the rights to Andrew McLeod but traded them for Chris Groom - and had the opportunity to draft a young Shane Woewodin but didn't.

It's not the rest of the league's fault that Freo's management had/have no fcuking idea is it??? The first Freo squad was more than capable - if the coach is sh1t or chooses to pass up and delist good players then thats the club's problem.

Now the other clubs in question who you say had it easier than Freo?

Adelaide (thanks to Port Adelaide's rogue bid back in 1990) had little over a month to create an entire club from scratch and was only allowed to use SANFL players and un-contracted South Australian origin players to fill its list - it wasn't allowed to participate in the draft fully until the mid-90s.

Port Adelaide's original list was expected to not even win a game ... the best eight players on it's original list were considered to be:

Gavin Wanganeen (Brownlow Medallist),
Brayden Lyle, Shane Bond & Ian Downsbrough (West Coast rejects),
David Brown, Scott Hodges (Adelaide Rejects).
Matthew Primus & Steven Paxman (Fitzroy)

The rest were kids and journeymen playing in a vastly weakened SANFL and rejects delisted by other clubs ... compare this to the decent crop of players Freo could call upon.

Brisbane and Sydney also had their fair share of misery in their initial decades - to the point where early coaches of both clubs were having to pay 'star' players out of their own pockets at some stages. Both clubs have also had their fair share of wooden spoons, but in defense of both clubs (although I disagree with the extent of concessions and handouts given to them in latter years), both clubs have had success in varying degrees on the back of homegrown players.

I'm sorry to say but the majority of Fremantle's problems have come from bad decisions and poor performance stemming from bad decisions - the comical Fabian Francis draft/salary-cap debacle which was as recent as this season is a prime-example.

Last edited by dyertribe; July 21st, 2002 at 12:38.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2002, 16:42
Rookie

IMO Freo shouldnt have been introduced to the AFL and i believe they were brought in to weaken the Eagles.Remember the Eagles absolutely ruled the AFL back when Freo came in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in