Team with the best squad - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2002, 00:13 Thread Starter
International

Team with the best squad

Only a few clubs, but this is a pretty tight question, I'll will try to single out the least superstars from the one team.

Adelaide:

Basset
Bickley
Hart
Goodwin
McLeod
Ricciuto
Vardy

Sydney:

Ball
Goodes
Dunkley
Kelly
Maxfield
O'Loughlin
Williams
Schwass
Saddington
Daffy

Fremantle:

Bell
Carr
Haselby
Pavlich
Farmer
Longmuir
Croad
Waterhouse
Toia

Port Adelaide:

Burgoyne
Carr
Cockatoo Collins
Francou
Dew
Primus
Hardwick
Schofield
Stevens
Wanganeen
Tredrea

Carlton:

Allan
McKernan
Bradley
Koutafidies
Whitnall
Lappin
Camporeale
Ratten
Hickmot
McKay
Beumont
Murphy

Richmond:

Stafford
Bowden
Richardson
Ottens
Gaspar
Kellaway
Knights
Tivendale
Campbell

Melbourne:

Woewodin
Bizzel
Febey
Neitz
Leoncelli
White
Yze
Green
Schwarz

Hawthorn:

Chick
Barker
Crawford
Hay
Dixon
Holland
Lonie
Rehn

North Melbourne:

Pickett
Carey
Grant
Stevens
Porter
Harvey
King
Rocca

Brisbane:

Voss
Black
White
Lappin
Brown
Scott
Akermanis
Bradshaw
Lynch
Power
Leppitsch
McDonald
Michael
Pike

Essendon:

Hird
Lloyd
Fletcher
Ramanauskas
Lucas
Mercuri
Johnson
Johnson
Wellman
Solomon
Rioli
Caracella
Blumfield
Heffernan
Peverill
Barnard
Moorcroft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2002, 23:57 Thread Starter
International

Essendon
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2002, 07:46
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
I Like the Brisbane & Port Adelaide squads !!!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2002, 04:39
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
I think Essendon still has the best squad. I mean, you know there is a great team when they have to start offloading stars coz of the salary cap. Essendon, as much as I hate to admit it, are strong in all areas of the field. Up forward, with champion forward Matthew Llyod, James Hird who is a pure genius on the flank, Mercuri and Rioli roving and Lucas at centre-half forward they are great up there. Down back, Wellman and Fletcher are the two key players who both play well every week. Then you've got the Johnsons and Barnard, put them all together and you've got one of the toughest defences ever. In the middle they have a young but quality team, with Caracella, Blumfield, Solomon, Rama, Heffernan, Peverill and sometimes Jimmy Hird.

Brisbane also have a grea team. Obviously they're midfield is the best in the league with Vossy, Aker, Black and Lappin all champions. Up forward, Lynch and Bradshaw are the two key players, with young Jonathon Brown and Power downt here too. Aker loves to kick the occasional goal also. Very solid backline with Leppitsch, Michael, Pike and Johsnon the main men down there.

Freo has picked up well and now has a fair team. Players like Peter Bell, Jeff farmer, Trent Croad, Shaun McManus, Troy Simmonds, Luke McPharlin and a bunch of youngsters, they are looking quite promising.

Same with St. Kilda, they picked up well last season. They have a good team. Dual Brownlow Medalist Robert Harvey, Stewart Loewe, Nathan Burke, Aaron Hamill, Max Hudgton, Peter Everitt, Matthew Capuano, Jason Cripps and Fraser Gerigh.

I like Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, both have very fast teams, and they both showed it last season.

Richmond has got the potential for a great squad and they started to come together last season.

Melbourne has a good team too and we picked up 3 quality players in the trading- Bizzel, Ellis and Vardy. Good forward line with Schwarta, Bizzel, Vardy, Green, Bruce and Neitz. Excellent midfield- Woewodin, Yze, Powell, Leoncelli, Rigoni, McDonald's, Johnstone and Jeff White in the ruck. Defense is alright with Nicholson and Ellis supported by Febey, Ward and Walsh.

Sydney is looking dangerous, very dangerous. Big Bad Bussling Barry Hall and the almighty Plugger Lockett, aswell as the skillful O'Loughlin and Daffy, they have a great forward line. Goodes, Kelly, Saddington, Maxfield, Williams and Schwass in the middle is impressive too.

Carlton ahve a good squad but I don't like them so I'm not gonna talk about them.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2002, 03:33
Star Player

Sydney Swans has the best squad
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2002, 06:46
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
BTW, Vardy got traded from Adelaide to Melbourne.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2002, 07:15
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
I agree with COUTO 5.

Brisbane and Port Power have great squads. Essendon as always have one of the best in the AFL, probably second behind Brisbane.

I also think the Dockers are at least in the Top 8 of best squads.

Was King Italy..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 01:11 Thread Starter
International

I think Fremantle have a great a' class players, You need another season for all the youngsters to mature
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2002, 10:53
Premier Player

Teams: AS Roma, Blackburn, QLD Roar & Italy
definitely the Bombers

C Z F'n W
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 07:06
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
essendons team is simply amazing, and they have this ability to unearth new stars consistantly,

Brisbanes running brigade ius simply all class, they have a very potent forward line second only to essendons super forward line, and are backed up by a fast hard and tight defence which runs the opposition forwards of their legs

Port is the big thing for this season, in all pre-season testing all their players are consistently quicker, fitter and stronger than last year, scary stuff b/c this is the best running team in the league

adelaide have got hardness and class all over and ben beinke is the big forward

Hawthorn along with port will be the main challengers to the top 2, a tall ahtletic team that boast the best tall timber in the land.

Sydney, talent wise I dont think they are all that, but with hall and plugger the players are all strutting taller and look like they can chew rocks, they are the dark horse.

St Kilda actually have a gr8 squad of youngsters second only to freo, I think they can do really well this season, question mark on the coach though.

Freo, will still find the going tough at times, but have talent and a gr8 gr8 coach, by mid season will have moulded however they may also tire before the seasons out.

Richmond look ok, let go a lot of used trash and our list looks nice a fresh, I think we may take a step back this season b/c we are much younger than last year, and maybe last year was a flash in the pan, but we are going in the right direction I feel, and I still expect us to make the finals
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 13:29
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Quote:
Originally posted by COUTO 5
I Like the Brisbane & Port Adelaide squads !!!
I agree with my comment , but what I have seen from Port so far is awesome !!!!!!

Brisbane are good , but Port .....AWSOME

Fremantle ...we wont make the 8 , but guys mark my words watch the young BIG kids especailly Polak we are 2 speedy midfielders away from a good midfield division , Andrew Browne is too young .... But he will be there one day !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in