The next Carey ? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2002, 03:11 Thread Starter
International

The next Carey ?

Whenever we see a good CHF, he is the next Carey, but who is the best to being the great man ?

There are two that pop to mind staright away, Ottens and Jonathon Brown. But then you have Scott Lucas who is much more versatile and can play anywhere in the foward six. Then you have Croad who can play at CHF and do some damage, Pavlich, Jacobs and Whitnall are all looking like future greats, in what is, un-doubtedly, the great era of promising talents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2002, 12:28
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Watch out for Pavlich this year !!! and for thsat matter you will see a newer fitter Dockers outfit this season very impressive

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2002, 10:56 Thread Starter
International

Ottens and Lucas are my picks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2002, 11:17
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
I think Ottens has hit the fork in the road now !! what is he ??? key forward or Ruckman great player anyhow Lucas has to learn to kick straight and be more consistent but his high is very high , avery damging player on his day but a passenger when it isnt

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2002, 12:05
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
Jonathan Brown, hes the BEST young key position player Ive ever seen and that includes Carey....Jon Brown at 19 is as good as Carey was at 21, the tricky bit will be to see how Brown backs it up over the next few seasons........actually Id say Brown and Lloyd are the 2 best young key position players Ive ever seen............

Ottens, Otto wont be CHF he'll start in the square hes an awesome ruckman as good as Everitt is, but I think with us getting Stafford Otto will play more as a forward....

I have 2 words guys BEWARE RICHO!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2002, 23:59 Thread Starter
International

I think Brown is a great player, He will make it, he looks very good and has a nice strong mark. Hopefully he can fufill his promise. But Lucas is really good, he is real fast,a nd has a great long pumping kick. He needs some more accuracy, but other than that, I cannot see a more promiing player than him in the AFL, he kicked 57 goals as a 3rd foward, and he is only 24 ! He will really mature, and is my bet, to be the next great CHF.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2002, 10:06
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
Im not quite sold on Lucas yet, last season was definitely a very good year, but a few years before he was pretty crap dont you think? and him being the 3rd forward makes life a helluva lot easier for him b/c Lloyd and Hirdy get the 2 best opposition defenders when Hirdy was out Lucas got the second best defender week in week out and rarely had a bearing on the game.......Hes a booming kick!! and kicks the wonder goal but isnt that strong in the air and is hopelessly one-sided (left) as a player, a handy player but for mine I dont rate him with the best

The next carey is Jon Brown (although these are big words considering Carey is one of the 2 best players of all time), saying that, I say richo was the best non full forward forward last season and he wasnt even fit until near the end of the season, with a full pre-season and no more injuries I think he could leave a big mark on the comp next year, remember he kicked like 55 fgoals and was the competitions leading mark taker by abt 20 or 30 and HE MISSED 4 WEEKS!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2002, 01:07
Premier Player

Yeah Richo was awesome at the tail-end of last season. IMO easily the best and most influential player at that time in the AFL (and thats coming from a Hawks supporter ). But remember when all the Tigers supprters were baying for his blood prior to his form turn around......lol. Even the media were saying that Richmond should trade Richo!!

Richmond's forwardline is looking good for this coming season. With Stafford coming into the club and looking like being the no 1 ruckman, Ottens playing more across the half-forward line, Richo up at full-forward, Holland floating around....... all these players able to change with one another.... its going to be a big headache for opposition players and coaches thats for sure!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2002, 05:11
Rookie

There will not be a next Wayne Carey, there is no one that good! As a Essendon supporter, im in pain typing this but Jonathon "Im a hero who needs to get belted up" Brown is going to be awesome, simply awesome! His strength and mental toughness for a player his age is amazing and exciting (if youre a redneck, can eating bogan brisbane supporter).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in