Culling Season Begins :) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2001, 13:22 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Culling Season Begins :)

This is the time of the year where nothing happens in the AFL, right ??
Well There may be no action out on the field but behind closed doors alot of players from around various clubs are sweating !! Why ?? cause they have had seasons that was not expected of them from there clubs , they can feel the axe above there heads .
I don't know what the story is on the East Coast but I will name names from the Freo side of the West who are feeling the pain
these are my nominations for the sack at Fremantle:

1- Sean McManus ( If he was a horse , He wouldve been shot years ago )
2- Luke Toia ( poor b*stard is good player but to injury prone , i think finally has run out of luck, He has a broken neck & no resal chance of playing at all next year)
3- Daniel Metropolis ( West Coast rubbish)
4- Brendon Fewster( His good games are few & far between)
5- Steven Koops ( always seems to play 3 blinders at the end of a year to win another year , maybe have escaped again , But dont be surprised)

Players already delisted : Adam Butler , Brad Wira, Ashley Clancy, Adrian , Fletcher

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2001, 16:18
mfa
Premier Player

Teams: F.C.PORTO / Gil Vicente F.C.
Where are you tiger? Couto needs to discuss this with somebody...

div

25-Ricardo Fernandes ...27/06/2003 12/07/2003 14/07/2003 ... ... ...FCP

Hey O'Neill, take a break will ya

Last edited by mfa; October 24th, 2001 at 16:21.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2001, 17:04 Thread Starter
Star Player

Someone PLEASE come & discuss something................anyone.........

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2001, 05:47
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
theres quite a bit to cull at freo couts, wiped clean, clean start, within 3 years you'll be challenging for top 4 genuinely if you keep this young talent and add more youngsters this draft. Poor toia, I always liked that player he was similar to edwards from adelaide. Abt Mcpharlin, hes gone for half of next year, forget abt impact in 2002, look towards 2003 for him to make a mark, with brown, pavlich, croady and longmuir, wow

richmond no surprises, james, steinfort, haynes, proctor and some other guy who couldnt cut it. I like our squad very even, still lacks champions but hopefully gas, otto and richo will fill that void, oh and stafford watch out for cracker this season he'll start getting some srious game time. Fiora, Coughlan(another freo kid) Tivers and Draga are our future, great young midfielders.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2001, 12:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerTUFF
theres quite a bit to cull at freo couts, wiped clean, clean start, within 3 years you'll be challenging for top 4 genuinely
Hey tiges good to see you back here
If you wanna talk culling at Freo , yeah there is quite a bit , unfortunately you can only cut so many players a year . Word is , & I and many Freo supporters are pretty close to suicidal about this................................ the F* cking Dog Hair styled rats arse excuse of a footballer Sean McAnus looks to have won another year at Freo . Apperantly It was becuse they didnt want to look bad after Peter Mann ( captain ) Delisted , Bond ( Captian ) delisted , Fletcher ( Co- Captian ) delisted ........I think you got the picture........................................ & Ben Allan was Captain , but was forced to retire cause of injury , so there is a real captians curse at the club !!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope Peter Bell does not have the same fate :nervous:

And for Richmond ,a history steeped with Freo greats ..... Rioli , Monteath , Gaspar ....... besides that .they are a great club, i gotta admit , I have always been a fan of the way they play , They are in good hands with Spud Frawley the The Ex-saints champ ( my ol' team )

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2001, 13:02 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ashley Prescott of Fremantle has officially been told to pack his bags today !!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2001, 12:58 Thread Starter
Star Player

West Coast Eagles have told Scott " Fat Boy " Cummings to pack his bags!!!

BTW - To anyone on the East Coast has anyone heard if Cory McGrath has decided th re-sign with Essendon ??? Love to see a Freo boy come back home

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2001, 13:34
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
word on the street has it freo can forget abt exciting prospect corey Mcgrath. He wants to stay at essendon and they are just thrashing out some minor details on a contract. Pity he would have added bite to freos primarily 'ballwinning' midfield.

Abt ashley 'smooth' prescott, Im surprised he survived last year.

and fat boy cummings is a lost cause, every pre-season apparently hes off to the fat-farm to resurect his floundering career. Hes been a very lucky fellow to last in afl this long!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in