NRL 2017 - Page 7 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 133 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2017, 14:49
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Melbourne Storm, what a crock of shit.

My Roosters don’t have the best disciplinary record, and for good reason, but on the back of this game I hope someone cracks Vunivalu’s skull open. In fact, I hope it’s Latrell Mitchell in a rematch during the finals.

On Latrell, his new found skill of converting from the sidelines is a very welcome addition to his already phenomenal skill set. Another season mentored by Flash and he’ll hopefully be our primary choice from 2019 onwards.

If he can learn to tackle on top of that, there’s no stopping him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2017, 06:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

They are up there with Juventus, Real Madrid, big EPL teams, PSG, Bayern, Porto etc for me. I detest their existence.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić

Last edited by El Lobo; August 16th, 2017 at 06:55.
post #123 of 133 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2017, 06:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
Dear Canterbury Bankstown Bumblers RLFC board,

Under your stewardship, one of the proudest brands in the NRL has degenerated into the most incompetent first grade team I have ever watched. Can't kick, can't pass. A full 2 points a game in attack worse than the second worst team in the comp.

So bad is the current first grade team that they are irredeemable. In truth, I have seen reserve grade teams better than these pretenders.

Sack everyone. Sack Des Hasler. Sack his assistants. Sack the players. Sack the ball kids. Sack the cheerleaders. Forfeit the remainder of the season.

These displays from the Bulldogs are the best advertisement for AFL I have ever seen.

Finally, sack yourselves.

F*%# you

We have been the worst team in the NRL this season when everything is taken into consideration. We deserve the wooden spoon.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić

post #124 of 133 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2017, 13:11
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
They are up there with Juventus, Real Madrid, big EPL teams, PSG, Bayern, Porto etc for me. I detest their existence.
The preferential treatment is ridiculous.

Everything that could have been done to prevent an “upset” loss was done. From a bullshit penalty try, to a first half penalty count in the double digits, to a “tackle” on Blake Ferguson (whom I would normally wish to be sidelined such is his form) that almost breaks his back, to a bloke kneeing two tacklers in the head simultaneously, to every concerted effort to gift the Storm repeat sets to gift them momentum.

I like to think that in finals footy, a match cannot be fixed like that d that my Chooks will put 30 on them if given the opportunity,

Unfortunately, I don’t like our odds of getting past some of the other teams in the finals. Cronulla scares me most, their forward pack wears us out like no other.
El Lobo likes this.
post #125 of 133 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2017, 12:40
Legend

ah, Paramatta... even when they are good, you can rely on them to play like sh*t

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #126 of 133 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2017, 02:29
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Roosters hit the jackpot
post #127 of 133 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2017, 09:20
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Cmon Sharks we can still do it.

First EEPL Champion.
post #128 of 133 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:37
Legend

they say every cloud has a silver lining... the 'Dogs have been awful for the majority of 2017 but I also got to see the Eels, Broncos and Roosters blow up in the finals

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #129 of 133 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2017, 04:59
Legend

I really need to get the Roosters' accountants to do my taxes... If they can add Cooper Cronk to a million dollar contact at this late stage of 2017 after having already having signed Tedesco and lost no one of note, then surely the ATO owes me a 6 figure payback too

post #130 of 133 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2017, 05:30
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

It mightn't quite make up for Cronk & Tedesco amounts of money, but there were a significant number of players that were on the books in 2017 that won't be in 2018;

Aiden Guerra
Kane Evans
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Connor Watson
Liam Knight
Paul Carter
Jackson Hastings

I'm concerned now that the club won't be able to give Luke Keary what he's worth though, as he's up for renewal and coming off a stellar season.

Curious to see how it lines up - if someone sits on the bench, the negatives outweigh the positives - you will lose Keary to a rival club if it's him, Pearce and Cronk are an awful lot of money to keep on the bench, and Friend isn't going to provide any impact/spark off the bench.

If you fit them all into the starting team, the question becomes whether the attacking ability of Pearce at hooker offsets the defensive work rate of Friend, and whether or not Friend can be useful at lock.

I like the idea of Pearce at hooker, so for me, Jake Friend is ultimately going to be the loser in all of this.
post #131 of 133 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2017, 23:56
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

And now Nikorima has been outed for failing two drug tests and may free up another 350k in the cap.
post #132 of 133 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2017, 00:44
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Nikorima still at the club (for the time being), but Pearce confirms his exit with his destination yet unknown.

I really warmed to the idea of Pearce at hooker, but ultimately it probably wasn't worth $800k a season to experiment it.
post #133 of 133 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2017, 00:07
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Pearce to Newcastle, hopefully able to help the club back into the top 8 along with the rest of the ex-Roosters.

Hayne lands back in Parramatta ... just when they had a good thing going, they go and do this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in