AFL show why they are Idiots - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2001, 14:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
AFL show why they are Idiots

I just read the AFL are to take measures against matches played in hot weather next season. Funny that............ Wasn't it those idiots who have booked Football for Saturday 12.pm starts nextseason in WA??? What is the AFL going to do ?? Blanket the sun. Up till round 10 - 12 at least, in Perth they will be playing in between 33-34 at the start of the season at that time up to round ten where it could still reach 23-26 at that time. The AFL should only stick to Nite matches on Saturday Or Sunday day( R.11 onwards) matches in Perth .

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2001, 04:17
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
The AFL is going down,and I can't wait.

Was King Italy..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2001, 13:53 Thread Starter
Star Player

C'mon KI , the AFL is not going down, they just have to show common sense, It is all well & good to say play here at that time with criterias set in place ... but the reality is Perth is not like Melbourne ( weatherwise )

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2001, 14:58
Premier Player

Picture this.... Hawthorn v Fremantle.... Saturday afternoon... Colonial Stadium... the sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky...

What happens next???

The bloody roof closes !!!!!!!

Is this the future of football???
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2001, 16:11 Thread Starter
Star Player

ONLY IN VICTORIA, BUDDY!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2001, 10:33
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by COUTO 5
ONLY IN VICTORIA, BUDDY!

Just remember WHO is charge of the AFL 'BUDDY"????

A bloody South Australian!!!!!!!

Enough said !!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2001, 14:58
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
idiots, once again money talks, I mean who are the AFL to raise concerns to the TV powerbrokers who just handed over half a billion bucks for rights

I must say couts I never thought about it weather wise, but I did raise eyebrows when I saw bounce down for midday, just doesnt seem right.

I have another concern and I was thinking of starting a new thread but this title seems appropriate

over the past 3 or so weeks there havwe been some positively mouth-watering games on involving interstate teams. It started with Brissie Vs Port Adelaide, sat night sitting with me pa with a few stubbies getting ready to watch a free flowing enterpreising game of footy and what do they show???????????????? st fukkinkilda V the bulldogs, of course why would any neutral melbournians want to watch a high quality interstate game when their are 2 melbourne teams (one 3rd last and a rubble, the other 9th) slogging it out?
then its Nth Vs Bridsbane and what do they show collingwood Vs Freo, screw collingwood and their legions of fans when they suck they are woeful and believe you me for the past month they have been woeful, but the afl thinks its more important to cater for collingwood fans against a winless freo than to watch a marvelous game between brissie and Nth who the week before almost knocked over the bombers. This is just plain ridiculous.....last sunday I really wanted to watch the adelaide derby, always fiery and always high quality but they showed brissie Vs the bulldogs, enough of this already, just play the best games, its the AFL now and everyones accepted it, neutral fans want to watch quality (especially in this day and age of questionable footy) not just victorian teams.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2001, 06:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by pao1908

Just remember WHO is charge of the AFL 'BUDDY"????

A bloody South Australian!!!!!!!

Enough said !!!!!!!!!
Yeah sorry pao, I was talking about Colonial stadium.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2001, 07:33
Premier Player

Colonical Stadium is a joke...... enuff said about that!! Interseting to hear Mr Jackson saying that the AFL would gladly re-visit the rule about closing the roof at Colonical in future... the way i see it (as do MOST footy ppl here) if it rains close the roof, if it aint.. f**k it, keep it open!!!!!!!!

And if i could quote tigertuff here...
"(especially in this day and age of questionable footy)"

.... i couldnt agree with ya more here buddy!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in