who will coach fremantle next season? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will coach Fremantle next season?
Rocket Eade 2 40.00%
Terry Wallace 2 40.00%
Dennis Pagan 0 0%
Robert Walls 0 0%
Dermott brereton 0 0%
Ben Allen 0 0%
David Parkin 0 0%
Danny Frawley 0 0%
other....name them plse 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2001, 15:26 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
Who will coach Fremantle next season?

The rumours dont stop here in melbourne, I can imagine what they're like out west.

Anyway whats ure opinion: should freo go for an inexperienced coach or should they try and poach a pagan or eade type?

My opinion they need stability, which I thought they were getting with Drum, obviously not. What was the deal with drum anyway? didnt the players like him? wasnt he good enough? injuries?

Last edited by tigerTUFF; July 4th, 2001 at 15:34.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2001, 11:35
International

I honestly think Wallace will get the call. He is a mastermind and he and WB cannot be seen as a couple for any longer. WB are going to clear out this season and he might be the first one. West and Grant might not even survive !! Grant to Carlton and West to Essendon !!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2001, 11:58
Rising Star

IMO it will be Neale Daniher. He took Melbourne from the bottom to the finals. I know they aren't playing so well this year but i honestly think it's a player related problem. I have heard that Freo are interested in him and with Melbourne faltering i can see him making the move for a whole heap of cash.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2001, 12:29 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
and lets not forget danniher got his first coaching gig at Freo, he was assistant coach there
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2001, 14:15
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Terry Wallace is all the rage here & thats who everyone wants, though ther have been murmurs about Robert Shaw.

What has happened at Freo is a sad story. Damien Drum took on a team of good players, but they don't do the team things. Neesham the coach before had a very strange style & that took a whole season for Drum to get the players out of. The 2nd year we saw a mass culling of experienced players , they had to go they were keeping the young kids out of the picture, they won 8 games I personally beleive they over acheived that season . This season , I don't think anyone can explain what has happened. We got our new training facility , Our team looked better on paper & I beleive we are playing better than any other time in our history & yet we are 0 - 13. Damien Drum was a victim of an incompetant club board. A lot of people don't know this but the same people who own the Dockers , own the eagles. The Fremantle community have many times tried to get the liscence off them but they won't budge. The WAFC is that owner , they are a discrace they are that bad a few years ago they were going to shift the dockers to & base them in Subiaco. So what they wanted Was 2 AFL teams traing at the same venue, ther offices at the same venue. There was an uproar.The Off field management was made to make Drum the scapegoat. There is to much of a conflict of interest in WA football.

No doubt this summer the dockers will sack the entire board and coaching staff, and start fresh. The WAFC are $35mil in debt and the word is they are going to sell the Dockers off.

So after trying to explain this to you as quickly as possible , I still got to say , Freo has the cattle All it needs is a club who will let the coach do his job properly. feel free to ask a question if you wan't more explanation.

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2001, 01:38
International

They have the talent Fletcher, Bell, Pavlich, haselby, cook, Modra, Waterhouse etc. But they don't have any 3rd rate players who can step up.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2001, 03:47
Star Player

Man!!!!
I wish people in Xtratime had interest in Rugby League:depress:
Anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2001, 10:24
Premier Player

I heard Rocket give his response to the Freo job last week.... it wasnt very convincing. He said that he would have to wait to see what the Sydney board have to say about it. He has been the longest server coach of the Swans (South Melbourne/Sydney) in their history, it might be time for him to go.... Roos is aparently the next in line, the players have total respect for him, and the Sydney hierachy love Roos.... So Rodney is my tip to coach Fremantle next season.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2001, 13:35
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Apparently Unoficially Rocket Eade is the Man.

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in