Clubs with brightest future; short and long term. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 07:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Clubs with brightest future; short and long term.

Well, who do you have your money on dominating over the next decade or so.

2005+

St Kilda have a preety scary list. So many good player so young. There is no real reason they can dominate the next decade. If they can keep that list together they will win cups.

Geelong were only a tall forward away from the Grannie last year. They pinched Ottens from us but lost Benny Graham to the NFL side 'Jets'. Thanks to the 2001 draft the build there team around they also have a very strong squad with the likes of Abeltt, Bartel, Ling etc. all getting towards their prime.

I also reckon Melbourne have some good young player. Freo have finshed there youth program (Carr for 3 picks) and are ready to reep the rewards.

3-5+ years (long term)

Richmond and Hawks both have long term programs in place with early picks this year and most proalbey the new few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2004, 09:05
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Good topic.

Short/Medium-term: St. Kilda, Geelong, WCE, Port Adelaide
Long term: Too hard to say with salary caps and drafts and stuff.

Who'd have thought that Brisbane would win three straight flags as early as 2001-2003 after finishing wooden spooners in 1998?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2004, 09:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

Id still say Lions could win the flag next season.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2004, 08:42
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
i think that grand final loss could break the lions actually. its physically impossible to play the game they play constantly for 5 seasons.

brightest future? obviously st.kilda, geelong...i think carlton should get a mention. i believe in two seasons, they will start making the 8 consistantly.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2004, 09:36 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUG
i think that grand final loss could break the lions actually. its physically impossible to play the game they play constantly for 5 seasons.

brightest future? obviously st.kilda, geelong...i think carlton should get a mention. i believe in two seasons, they will start making the 8 consistantly.
Carltone in all seriousness should be up there with Saints and Geelong now. If the didnt lose those 1st 2 picks (Wells and Goodard) they'd have a awsome side.

I still reckon Lins will win next year. Not over their best yet.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 13:59
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
hard to say, obviouslyu geelong and the saints look the goods, port look like they have an endless supply of quality young players coming thru, they have been one of the best sides for the last 3 seasons, and now that they fiunally got rid of that choker tag, wouldnt surprise me to see them backup again next season.

too early to tell with richmond and hawlks although with plouygh and miller there iv got no doubt we'll start climnbing the ladder before too long.\

dockers and eagles especially the eagles are coming up, id put them with the saints and the handbags with freo just below bc of the fact they are still a bit soft, maybe thatll change with a couple of quality hard ball winners coming into the squad..

also doggies are well on their way to becoming a very good side, some real talent and class down at footscray town, watch out for them they are primed!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2004, 15:35 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerTUFF
hard to say, obviouslyu geelong and the saints look the goods, port look like they have an endless supply of quality young players coming thru, they have been one of the best sides for the last 3 seasons, and now that they fiunally got rid of that choker tag, wouldnt surprise me to see them backup again next season.

too early to tell with richmond and hawlks although with plouygh and miller there iv got no doubt we'll start climnbing the ladder before too long.\

dockers and eagles especially the eagles are coming up, id put them with the saints and the handbags with freo just below bc of the fact they are still a bit soft, maybe thatll change with a couple of quality hard ball winners coming into the squad..

also doggies are well on their way to becoming a very good side, some real talent and class down at footscray town, watch out for them they are primed!!
Id say Lions, Saints, Cats and Port are the bst 4 clubs going around atm.

Cats and Saints will dominate the next 5 years you'd think. Very good lists, still young. Im actully, against commen beleif going to back the Lions for the flag in 2005. Its hard to see Port containing their strength for the next handful of years. Surly they will have to go though a re-building period some time soon.

Freo has stoped going for youth and ready for succes, thus the Carr trade. Judd look very good, their midfeild scarys me.

Doggies, Tigers and Hawks looks the major clubs which will dominate in the long term. From a totally bias point of view we have a sme great kids. Future is bright
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 07:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Richmond will get back on track quite well under Plough he's got the niche to make it work.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 09:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumy
Richmond will get back on track quite well under Plough he's got the niche to make it work.
Very good coach. Stoked to have him at Punt Road
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 11:47
Xtratime Legend

Plough will make a hell of a difference he's the proven man and what a signing he will be.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 13:03
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by South_Melbourne
Id say Lions, Saints, Cats and Port are the bst 4 clubs going around atm.

Cats and Saints will dominate the next 5 years you'd think. Very good lists, still young. Im actully, against commen beleif going to back the Lions for the flag in 2005. Its hard to see Port containing their strength for the next handful of years. Surly they will have to go though a re-building period some time soon.

Freo has stoped going for youth and ready for succes, thus the Carr trade. Judd look very good, their midfeild scarys me.

Doggies, Tigers and Hawks looks the major clubs which will dominate in the long term. From a totally bias point of view we have a sme great kids. Future is bright

as long as soemthing stupid doesnt happen aith the elcetion and we lose Miller then i'l say yeh I agree, i reckon were gonna be big improvers over the next few seasons with a brilliant coach and footy department not to mention some kids that arent half bad
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 23:23
Xtratime Legend

Miller must stay at Punt rd it seems the majority of people at Tigerland love the guy,his football nous is outstanding.He was instrumental in bringing the King to arden street.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 23:30
Star Player
Star Player

yeh spot on, im just worried that if the new board get in the club will lose him, and whilst a lot of the members like miller, a lot dont like casey so its on a knifes edge atm
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2004, 03:21
Xtratime Legend

I agree though about alot of members not liking Casey,To me he doesn't seem so Influential.But I don't know him like the Richmons people I guess.Miller seems to have some sought of aura about him.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2004, 12:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

Id be sad to lose Miller he's done some very good things. To get Jackson and Hartigan 55 and 70, in hindsite both top 10 (easily) picks was a wonderful achivment.

However, im not a Casey fan. Wouldn't fase me to see him go. Fcking Essendon supporter.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2004, 03:46
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by South_Melbourne
Id be sad to lose Miller he's done some very good things. To get Jackson and Hartigan 55 and 70, in hindsite both top 10 (easily) picks was a wonderful achivment.

However, im not a Casey fan. Wouldn't fase me to see him go. Fcking Essendon supporter.
Yeah I agree sincerely when you have someone who is a non Richmond man in the top job makes it a little hard to digest.How do the Tiger fans feel about him?

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2004, 12:53
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Yeah I agree sincerely when you have someone who is a non Richmond man in the top job makes it a little hard to digest.How do the Tiger fans feel about him?

not too much i can tell you lol the only thing that could save him is the fact miller has aligned himself with him, but at the same time he could also be the rock tied to millers leg that sinks miller.... really hope that dosnt happen as miller is the best thing thats happened to this club in 20odd yrs. since he came 2 yrs agao hes turned us into a club that gets what it wants, ok ok we have been dismal with results and financially but in terms of picking a target ie Nathan Brown, Kane Johnson and Terry Wallace he gets his man... and he almost got us dean soloman as well

for that reason as well as the fact something tells me casey aint all bad i hope casey gets re-elected as prez
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2004, 23:34
Xtratime Legend

All this cafuffle needs to be soughted a.s.a.p and let plough and the boys get on with business,These are exciting times for the Tiges and let the ball start rolling.The team have been in the wilderness for far to long.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2004, 01:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
All this cafuffle needs to be soughted a.s.a.p and let plough and the boys get on with business,These are exciting times for the Tiges and let the ball start rolling.The team have been in the wilderness for far to long.
To be Saint Kilda like; be shit for 3/4 year and then reek the benifits for the next decade or so - and Saint will dominate football for the next 5-10 years with a very good young lst. Richmond needs 1 more year of a influx of good kids imo.

14th or lower.

2006 onwards should be very exicting times at Tiger Land
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2004, 12:24
Xtratime Legend

Good point SM,The Tiges can build up well with an astute coach like Plough.They have real exciting times to look forward to,Look what he done with the doggies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in