Richmond Tigers Football Club. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 03:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

Richmond Tigers Football Club.

I just found this forum .

Anyone a Tigers fan? Ive lived 18 years of average play, never really having a chance of succes.

Anyone see a bright future for us? Personally when i was the games i only see 2 bright lights.

Nathan Brown
Mark Coughlan

Schulz was good last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:27
Star Player

yea ok west coast.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:34
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
tigerTUFF was the biggest Richmond fan you could find, he's not much around here these days

By the way Tigers are really taking it up to the Bombers currently

Was King Italy..

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:39
Star Player

West coast struggling against Hawthorn 27th minute final quater...
W.C.E 86
Hawks 76
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:43
Legend

The Wet Scrotes ended up winning by 4 points

Was King Italy..
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:44
Star Player

some how...
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2004, 06:58
Legend

I know it sounds weird saying this and I hate to say it, they could still make the 8, they've got Essendon at home next week who are nothing special, then the 3 home games left after that they should all win. That gives them 11 wins which may be enough in this strange this season. They play Port and Brisbane away and the derby against the Dockers in their other games.

Was King Italy..
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2004, 10:11
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Richmond are a shcoking club and a shocking team.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2004, 15:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shev
Richmond are a shcoking club and a shocking team.
You got no idea son.

Richmond atm are stuggling but they are a awsome club with a proud history.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2004, 06:30
Star Player

Richmond is crap
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2004, 07:36
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
there are not crap, the team has been misguided under frawley. stupid play over the years has prevented obviously a good list from doing better than they have.

they have passion within the club, but no one sees it outside of the club. between eddie, sheedy etc...many other teams get a lot of publicity and support through other channels outside of the club, Richmond do not.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2004, 15:43 Thread Starter
Star Player

Richmond is class.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 13:35
Rookie

Is Wallace the difference?

I know this thread was posted awhile ago, but just thought i'd ask everyone's opinion on Terry Wallace.
Personally, I respected him a great deal while he coached the Bulldogs and, (despite his shocking voice), think he's quite a good media figure too.

It's also great to see some die hard tigers fans who still honour the club's culture and haven't jumped off the bandwagon just yet. I'm the first to admit that I get frustrated with the boys at times, but the moment I stop supporting them, they'll no doubt start playing well. Afterall it wasn't that long ago that the likes of Geelong and St.Kilda were lingering on the bottom of the ladder.

So to all you champs such as South_Melbourne out there, stick with them for now and keep your fingers crossed for much improved 2005 season!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 14:08
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Welcome to the forum, fiesty.

For what it's worth, Plough was a sensational pickup - I wanted him at Adelaide but we chose Craig for some ridiculous reason.

With Cogs, Pink and Sugar spearheading the side, not to mention Richo, Otto and Bowden, Plough has the basis of a great side there to work with.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2004, 15:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesty_feline
I know this thread was posted awhile ago, but just thought i'd ask everyone's opinion on Terry Wallace.
Personally, I respected him a great deal while he coached the Bulldogs and, (despite his shocking voice), think he's quite a good media figure too.

It's also great to see some die hard tigers fans who still honour the club's culture and haven't jumped off the bandwagon just yet. I'm the first to admit that I get frustrated with the boys at times, but the moment I stop supporting them, they'll no doubt start playing well. Afterall it wasn't that long ago that the likes of Geelong and St.Kilda were lingering on the bottom of the ladder.

So to all you champs such as South_Melbourne out there, stick with them for now and keep your fingers crossed for much improved 2005 season!
Good thread.

Id hate to be a Saint Kilda type club, finshing bottem so they can score draft picks. As much as i hate finishing 9th i have too much pride in the club to want my club to come last just for picks. Now that we are in this postion we must do the best we can.

I respect Terry alot. Hes one of the best coaches going around and far and away the best option we could have got. The 5 year contract does add stabity to the club. He says hes wants reasults and fnals football within 2 season but the length does allow us to look at long term goals also.

Frustrated with the boys? God i know how you feel. Im 18 years old thus havent had mucg succes with the club, unlike others (Geelongs, Saints, Carltons etc.) which have experenced both ups and downs. However, as bright as Saints future look they have what? 1 play in 110 years. I would swap ur our club with anyones.

Carn the Tigers.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2004, 11:39
Rookie

Tigers have one of the best lists on paper. the downgrading of the club from the 2000 prelim final is all Frawley's fault. he thought richmond was good enough to make a GF so he buys playerse to top up the team. all his fault.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 16:41
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
oh yeah some new tigers fans

to all u tigers bashers, go fu(k urselves we are coming back and will show u how a real club excites the competition wen they start winning, not like ur pathetic range rover loving, ski lodging mob sheva book ur tickets to mt buller next year, coz ur due for ur downer next year, isnt that the pattern? :rollani:

Richmond is a great club and some of the legends of football have come from our great club, sheeds, malthouse, rex hunt, kevin bartlett all come from our great era in the late 60's to early 80's...

Why did plough choose our rabble over the dawks and the croweaters? simple answer, he is an arrogant pri(k who knows hes a great coach, and what better way than to finally turn around the basketcase that is richmond FC and turn them into the machine they once were.

Have fun kicking us while we're down now, bc it wont last and we will have some fun at the G with the tiger hordes

btw I just dropped into the cricket forums, geez some absolute tools there
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 16:51
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanGBrown
Tigers have one of the best lists on paper. the downgrading of the club from the 2000 prelim final is all Frawley's fault. he thought richmond was good enough to make a GF so he buys playerse to top up the team. all his fault.

well i wouldnt quite go that far :P

but our list is certainly not as bad as our ladder position suggests. We will pick up some great talent in the draft and hopefully a huge ass player in the PSD (heres looking at u TJ!) and with Plough re-invigorating the club Im sure were in for a much better season than most would think.

Pity we lost Otto, but fu(k him and his 450k wage, id much rather simmonds on 200+ even if it is a 5 season deal. Plough and miller in one fell swoop have changed the culture of the club, no more over paid bozos in the yellow and black, gaspar took a pay cut of 300k over the next 2 seasons! any soft players were given the boot, its all positive down there and it will show next season

oh and watch browny playing abt 80% in the forward line with richo a little further up the ground
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 17:15
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Aaron Fiora in exchange for Troy Simmonds was a massive steal.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2004, 17:17
Star Player
Star Player

that was a gem with the full value not known until we decide on who we are picking up...hopefully it will be a bigger name than P.Bowden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in