Tipping - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:08 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Tipping

How are we gonna go about tipping this season?

Just the basic, 1, 2 and X, or some other method? Well if you have got ideas forward them now just 4 days until the season of course.

Was King Italy..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:01
Star Player

i reckon we should do it like we did last year, have footy betting instead of footy tipping
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:01
Star Player

i wasnt here last year so how does it work!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:36
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Basically, everyone gets something like $1000 to start with. Every week, you must spend a minimum of $100 over a minimum of 4 matches. The odds are posted mid-week by (I forgotten who) and basically, you just have to bet and continue on every week. Fun game, but people stopped towards the end of the season for some reason.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:47
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by The Shev
Fun game, but people stopped towards the end of the season for some reason.
maybe because they ran out of money
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2004, 07:59
International

No they didn't.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:11
Star Player

ok i'll start from round 2
200 dollars on west coast over port
100 dollars on kanagroos over hawthorn
100 dollars brisbane over adeliade
100 dollars sydney over fremantle
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:46
Star Player

whoa, hang on, if i'm not mistaken, this forum seems to be suffering from some form of crisis
and it is in my experience with "Crisis Management" that i strongly recommand that we (the memebers of this forum) should sit together and have a good discussion as to what needs to be done, and if need be, elect a new "Moderator"

i propose that we should suspend this tipping com, and resume it in round 5 or 6, during which time a restructing of this forum should take place.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2004, 12:39 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Quote:
Originally posted by Alarich
whoa, hang on, if i'm not mistaken, this forum seems to be suffering from some form of crisis
and it is in my experience with "Crisis Management" that i strongly recommand that we (the memebers of this forum) should sit together and have a good discussion as to what needs to be done, and if need be, elect a new "Moderator"

i propose that we should suspend this tipping com, and resume it in round 5 or 6, during which time a restructing of this forum should take place.

You're just posting that for the sake of controversy. No new FM needs to be elected. We've just got to start getting our arses into gear now that the season is upon us. We had excuses for not posting the last few months, but now that the season has started there are no excuses. It doesn't need to take 4 weeks to re-juvenate this forum, it can begin now. Us core posters of 5-6 are The Shev, Terak, King Italy, Schumy, CUG, 7159 (sorry if I missed anyone) have got to start getting this forum busy for the season.

We have to decide within the next couple of days what tipping system we are gonna use so it can be in efect for Round 3. There should be a thread created for the tipping each week, a Round thread, or any thread for any match you desire. We should probably make a sticky thread at the top of the forum which wil display the Ladder and etc.

We don't need 4 weeks to do it Alarich it can all begin now.

Was King Italy..
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2004, 13:21
International

I'm going to be busy this year with Year 12, but will make an effort to keep this forum busy.

If we can start up the thread, make it a sticky like King_Italy said and start in a week or two, then that will be good.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2004, 15:37
Star Player

year 12 sucks balls also gonna start getting bust when term2 starts but i got 30 minutes on the computer everyday so i'll be here everyday for 30 minutes
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2004, 08:41
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by King Italy
You're just posting that for the sake of controversy. No new FM needs to be elected. We've just got to start getting our arses into gear now that the season is upon us. We had excuses for not posting the last few months, but now that the season has started there are no excuses. It doesn't need to take 4 weeks to re-juvenate this forum, it can begin now. Us core posters of 5-6 are The Shev, Terak, King Italy, Schumy, CUG, 7159 (sorry if I missed anyone) have got to start getting this forum busy for the season.

We have to decide within the next couple of days what tipping system we are gonna use so it can be in efect for Round 3. There should be a thread created for the tipping each week, a Round thread, or any thread for any match you desire. We should probably make a sticky thread at the top of the forum which wil display the Ladder and etc.

We don't need 4 weeks to do it Alarich it can all begin now.
alright, fair enough, but the 1st thing we gotto do, is to appoint some one to be incharge of the tipping, someone who would have the time: to post a tipping thread & adding up all the scores and post the results, and to do this every single week
so i guess the job advertisment would go something like this:

!**Want A Full Time Job?**!
wanted: CEM (Chief Executive Manager) for the tipping com
hours: 1-2hrs before friday & after sunday
salary: $500 a week will be transfer to your Swiss bank account
benefits: a nice house by the beach will be waiting in heaven for
. you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in