Melbourne in trouble again........ - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2004, 18:00 Thread Starter
Bobo
Star Player

Teams: milan and only milan.
Melbourne in trouble again........

the dees are in huge finacial debt,more importantly they owe the taxman big time,apparently a tax bill of around 1.2mil was found in the draw of a desk in one of their offices,good place to put it i thought,maybe i should do the same and ignore it,what abloody joke this socalled organization is,needless to say they got rid of their CEO and are in the market for a new one.

I have a mate of mine who follows the dees and even he doesn't know what to make of this shambles,mind you there are other debts to add to this,so much so that they have gone to the AFL and asked them for help,for one of the clubs with the toffiest of supporters you'd think they would help out rather than go cap in hand to the AFL and ask them,atleast we at Carlton didn't have to resort to that,we dug in and helped our club.

Melbourne FC,you took "Diamond Joes" money then slotted him off,he was someone who i thought really had MFC at heart but that funny board of yours is and will always be a "BOYS CLUB" pity they don't feel for the MFC as Joe Gutnik still does.

I see the MFC being a victim of bad financial mismanagement and will be gone by the time the next TV deal is done.

........ Planet Milan ........

............i am happy.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2004, 06:45
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Melbourne will not be gone by the time the next TV deal is done. We will not be forced to merge, we won't have to relocate and we will not die. We are the oldest club in the world with a proud history, so the AFL will do their best to help us survive and prosper. They would not want to see "Melbourne" disappear, nor would they want the founding club of this great game to disappear.

We have links with the MCC too so they might be able to help us if things begin to look worse. The supporter base is out there and I figure that if we cry for help like we have done these last couple of weeks, it will be a wake-up call to our fans.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2004, 16:17 Thread Starter
Bobo
Star Player

Teams: milan and only milan.
i hope so Shevy,i just get so pissed off with boardroom mismanagement and supporter appathy,good luck.

............i am happy.............

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2004, 05:34
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
i can them running to gutnick's frontdoor now!!

i think they should merge...i dont see the club going anywhere to be honest. They have some very good players but still lack a lot off the field.

unfortunate but true.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2004, 15:26
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Maybe they can ask rene Rivkin for some handy tips in the Share Market.

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2004, 23:46
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Collingwood turned it around (although they had a hgue supporter base to work from ) and so did Geelong in recent years. I can't see why we can't do it.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2004, 01:33
CUG
Legend

melbourne lack supporters. i mean, look at carlton. when they got that ban from the draft, and a million dollar fine etc..everyone thought that they would be fininshed as a club. but we got heaps of supporters, heaps of donations etc..and now we have a decent list, not top 8 material, but definately more competitive this season. we have no longer any debts.

The question is whether or not Melbourne have the correct people to do this at their club. We know they havent got a chance of getting in the high 30's in terms of memberships, so its a lot harder.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2004, 10:13
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
They can try their luck on who wants to be a millionaire or maybe australian Idol no surely none of them could sing.Hang on Russell Robertson he plays the guitar Yeah?

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2004, 12:28
CUG
Legend

wears groovey white suits also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in