this thread is dead again!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2003, 04:06 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
this thread is dead again!!

okay, lets talk about something here fellas....talk it up...any suggestions as to what??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2003, 08:08
Star Player

Let's talk about how the Eagles have taken a step ackwards and wont make the eight.Also how Carey will be a flop, Brissie will get beaten in the final, Gary Lyon will be a makeshift Ddees coach when they have a crap start and Daniher gets sacked....

What about International rules against Ireland ? Pretty entertaining i reckon.Subi did look to be going off.Dont like Australias thuggery though.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2003, 10:37
Star Player

how about eagles gonna own ur team!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2003, 15:32
Star Player

The Eagles are my team.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2003, 06:48 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

yeah, i think Lyon will coach melbourne eventually. Daniher is lucky to be there still, although it must be said that Melbourne have many young players out there as well.

The aussies V ireland is an interesting game though. I mean, there are so many stars missing for us. Brissies midfield, and many more....

i think its stupid seeing the players knock the irelanders out all the time. it doesnt show that they are tuff, it just shows that we cant keep up with their pace in the end.

Carey cannot move anymore poor bugger. but he isnt there to kick 9 goals anymore. he is just a target to kick to and in some games, he really does turn on the skill and vision etc...never ride off a champion aye.

Eagles are a good team imo, but maybe lack some key position players. Surprising they didnt go for some in the last trade.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2003, 07:07
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by CUG

Eagles are a good team imo, but maybe lack some key position players. Surprising they didnt go for some in the last trade.
Correct we traded our only promising key forward !!!
David Haynes for pick 20 WTF!! woosha what r u thinking son!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2003, 11:13
Star Player

I was expecting to pick up a Key defender and a Key forward.Rawlings, Hay, Gaspar were tradable.Hell even Ben Holland.What are we gonna do when our midfield doesnt get on top with there pace as per usual ? Theyll kick it long to Phil Matera who will be playing as a full forward

Terak-Haynes was OK nothing special and i think it's good that he's gone pick 20 can pick us up a handy young player.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2003, 09:04 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

yeah but the prob is that by the time this pick 20 developes a body for that key position, it'll be the season after next, maybe the one after that.

not sure what they were thinking...unless they have something up their sleeve.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2003, 11:47
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
So how about Carlton next year?

Gonna go any good?

Picked up a couple of decent players and Stevens, but also a few duds. Lost A LOT of players too, especially veterans such as Hickmott, Ratten, McKay, Manton, Allen, Murphy, etc...

Will that hurt them?

Maybe it's time for a whole new start at Carlton?

Can't see finals until 2006 at least.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 08:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Allan and Murphys time were up at optus they were going stale as for Corey he's maybe the only one I feel sad for but in reality how many years does he have left.Our biggest loss was the retirement of Andy Mckay,A true Champion thanks Macca look after those Animals.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 11:16 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

yeah, macca is a real blow. but it means that teague and wiggins and maybe even thorn have to step up. i read that DiMattina might be pre-season training with us...not sure why...i dont think he is anything good.

Backwell is also back for calrton as well. remember him?? used to wear number 6 a few years back. small dude, blonde long hair, abit of a surfy if you ask me

i think Carlton will do a lot better. the players they picked up are not crappy players. Scotland and Clarke were regulars before getting those naggling injuries. Stevens obviously will help a lot.

what concerns me is our defence. Thorntan is a gun player, but Livingston is a Materazzi type player, you never know what you are gonna get Norman is good, but pagan doesnt seem to have much confidence in him. i read that Pagan might use Whitnall or Kouta at CHB. Lance would be good i reakon, because he can set up play well and reds the ball well also. thats if he can get fit, fatso needs Jenny Craig something shocking.

and with lance at CHB setting up play, it could mean Lappin returning to the forward line again bagging 40 goals a season, which we have lacked recently. BUT, with macca gone, Lappin is really the only experienced player to go back there.

so, its gonna be interesting for Carlton supportes. Its gonna be hard, but exciting at the same time.

the players that left, bar Macca, all had to go....simple as that.

what really concerns me is our ruck. French is okay sometimes, but he aint great. Our money maker, opps, i mean Angwin, is young and looks good, but its still not good enough i reakon. so in the draft, i'm thinking we would go for that.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2003, 04:57
International

Clark is crap. My Cats mates said he was good for one thing; running in the sprints before the Grand Final.

McGrath isn't anything special. My Bomber mates said that he was useless and were glad to get rid of him.

Teague and Morrell are handy. Not superstars and probably won't be, but still useful players.

Scotland was a good pick-up too. He will help the midfield out dearly. As will Stevens who is a gun.

Harford is way past it.

AC MILAN
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2003, 06:15 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

yeah, Clarke was the best at time trails etc..the other day. he comes from a family of atheletes. his sister is gonna be in the olympics i think. his father was a great runner as well i think.

but, my mate said that he is a good player, just needs to be given a chance, which he will no doubt get now.

McGrath is the same. personally, i dont like him as much, but he can give us run from defence and he can be handy in the forward line as a goal sneak, something we havent got.

Harford is a funny player actually. i have followed his career since his days in high school. he came to my high school and was in my brothers year level. he used to take us for sport a lot so i have always been an admirer of him. Obviously, the past few seasons havent been great for him. injuries and bad form and eventually the hawks developed other midfielders. BUT, at Carlton, he will be given a go, even if it means him playing a few bad games at the start, pagan will persist with him, he has no choice. And in form, Harford is a good player, no one can doubt that. so its a border line situation.

i think Teague is going to be a real star for us. i dont understand what Laidley was thinking not playing him. He is an Archer in the making IMO!

i think in the end, carlton had no choice but to go for these type of players. you lose 3 players from retirement, and another 5 or so had to leave because their time was up, you cant just replace them with 18 year olds and other reserve players. i mean, we already have youngsters at the club.

we did well, and we will win more than 4 games next season. i'm predicting at least 6 or 7 wins all up. thats if all players are fit and healthy for most of the season..ie. Lance.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2003, 07:30
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
shev if you see things from our Perspective the trades that we made we're the best possible.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2003, 09:12 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

yeah, they were very good trades. we were praised by many other clubs and even in the paper etc...they really thought we did a great job.

i'm happy with it all.........
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2003, 10:57
International

I guess you're right. I'm probably not looking at it from the perspective of Carlton. I guess that was the best they could get and they got it, so it is a real improvement. But if a finals side did those trades, then they wouldn't be praised.

AC MILAN
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2003, 09:09 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

a finals side wouldnt have to do that. we basically got rid of 10 players plus i think?? we did major changes at the club, and basically, we have created a half decent midfield instead of just having the usual 3 midfielders.

thats why we got hammered a lot, other teams have 5 plus midfielders rotating off the ball, we cant have that.

you see collingwood resting burns and buckley, brisbane have voss, black, aka, lappin and anyone else they wanna through on the ball as well.

so, realistically, we have given ourselves good options and the players we got are not hopeless or washed up. they are still young and keen and some are just unlucky due to salary cap issues and so on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in