Congratulations Brisbane Lions Premiers 2003! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2003, 11:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Congratulations Brisbane Lions Premiers 2003!

Well they've done it the Brisbane lions have become the first team for 50 years to achieve the amazing feat of recording 3 successive premierships.Congrats to the Brissie Lions "You Little Beauty". To the Pies SUFFER!

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2003, 10:09
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
thank you brisbane......could you imagine if the Pies won??

such relief!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2003, 13:26 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Yes could You? Now looking at all those Maggetpies Supporters faces when they were getting slammed and at the final siren that was Priceless.Oh how sad all year they were giving us SH!T because we finished 15th well now look who the real chokers are.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2003, 03:03
CUG
Legend

i cant believe how soft they were though. Shaw, Cole etc...softer than butter.

And what the hell was Walker doing in a Grand final?? Davis, another 300 gamer

Cloke he is a great player when he has no man to play on and can roam free around the half back line.

Reality really did step in on saturday. The pies are about 10 men short of winning a premiership. they have one champion in their team, how do they expect to win?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2003, 03:21
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Now we will see who is laughing about the Woewodin trade. Woey is soft and isn't a big game player. Daniel Bell (draft pick number 14) will be a genuine superstar.

GO LIONS!

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2003, 07:11
Rising Star

Yes, Brisbane now are the greatest side in the modern era, just a brillant side - champion team with champion players.

As for you guys having a go at Collingwood - it doesn't matter one bit, because Brisbane are here in September on Grand Final day possible for another 3-5 years straight.
maybe that will be your last VIC team in a Grand Final for the next 5 years.

As for the rest of the shit teams in Melbourne, all I hope for is that Sydney and Brisbane in 2204 gets a even draw in playing useless sides twice like Melbourne, Geelong, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Richmond and especially those scums of Carlton.
A very Easy 48 points for the top sides.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2003, 07:41 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I love it so much they have the most arrogant supporters in the league,They were that Confident it shows how many times they've choked in a GF.Oh and they missed Rocca such a Champion he is and Brissie no Mcdonald,shattock,brennan,Notting and the Scott Twins how scary is that?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2003, 03:22
CUG
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by 7159
Yes, Brisbane now are the greatest side in the modern era, just a brillant side - champion team with champion players.

As for you guys having a go at Collingwood - it doesn't matter one bit, because Brisbane are here in September on Grand Final day possible for another 3-5 years straight.

As for the rest of the shit teams in Melbourne, all I hope for is that Sydney and Brisbane in 2204 gets a even draw in playing useless sides twice like Melbourne, Geelong, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Richmond and especially those scums of Carlton.
well, as you know, its harder for the melbourne teams as the AFL basically give brisbane and especially Sydney a lot of attention and benefits in order to promote the teams in the two states.

in saying that though, Brisbane have a team which can make it far for al long time still, but looking at the players, they have played the game full on for quite some time now and their bodies cant last the full season forever.

You can bag Carlton as much as you like. But in the end, the AFL was way too harsh on them, giving a million dollar fine and losing draft picks as well would destroy any club.

but dont you worry, Carlton can be on the bottom for the next 30 years and Sydney still wouldnt be able to catch up with their great history!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2003, 06:48
Star Player

Poor coaching from Mickey though.Cloke should have been played as a spare man.It was blatantly obvious.McKee should have played and so should of McGough.

Richard Cole is possibly the worst player in the AFL anyone ?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2003, 03:14
CUG
Legend

yeah, thats what amazed me the most. the fact that Mickey did nothing to try and rectify the problems.

he plays cloke at centre half forward which was the worse move of the year IMO! he doesnt touch the ball, Mal Michaels and the rest run a muck down back and set up beautifully. then he benches Cloke instead of playing down back as a spare man which is the only thing Cloke is good at anyway.

it was obvious from the start that they would struggle. players like shaw and cole are not grand final material. Walker is about 50 games short of actually being something. Fraser is a star in the making but can only do so much against two ruckman who are stronger, taller and more dominant in the art of tapping.

and in saying that, Jarrod Molloy and Williams would have been two better options IMO, and Mckee should have been in there as well.

Walker for jarrod
davis for williams
and cole for Mckee

this way, Fraser could have been an option in the forward line when resting. Jarrod could have been another target man to kick to and he is also good in the packs and on the ground. Williams can play on the back flank, the wing and can also be another target to kick to in the forward as he has a very good mark.

and with all this, it makes the brisbane backline have men to play on. i think in the end, Walker didnt even need a man.

i just dont know what Mickey was thinking....he is either stupid or he has great faith in certain players which obviously isnt there.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2003, 13:37
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by 7159

Big deal. I couldn't care less if a Victorian side makes it or not. I hate Collingwood more than any other team, Victorian or otherwise. I couldn't care less who makes the Grand Final. Obviously I want my team to make it but if we don't, then I won't lose sleep over whether the cup stays in Victoria or not.

So basically, if I wanted to hang shit on Collingwood, I will do it with much pleasure.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2003, 14:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Follow a Vic team my AR$E what is this garbage.It's time to get real how many Victorians were really hoping for Collingwood to win the flag apart from the Magget supporters?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in