Dermie and Lyon - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2003, 09:04 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Dermie and Lyon

Last night i watched my team, Carlton play the hawks.

now, as you all know, Lyon and Dermie were special comments or whatever on channel 9 and it came to my conclusion that these two guys are absolutely idiots or they are just biased.

First, Dermie, as we all know just talks too much in a footy game. he rambles on about 13 or 14 man zones when the other team is kicking out and he talks so much when its very unnecessary.

But, what had my temperature up was what he was saying about Carlton. He was saying that Carlton didnt have a good list all etc...he was bagging them even though Lyon insisted that the blues had 13 players under the age of 22 and yet, Dermie kept on saying, "But they can still run". and he was paying them out.

Then, thinking that he is an absolute football brain, he states that McCormick is a good young kid, but he relies on his left foot too much. It was then and there that i realised how much a wanker he really is. Campbell is the player who is left foot and he ran into goal and sprayed it on the full because he didnt have an opposite foot. But, Dermie the wanker based negative assessments on McCormick for what Campbell did.

Lyon does the votes and doesnt put Kouta in at all even though he got 29 positions and was clearly the reason why Carlton stayed in the game during the 2nd and 3rd quarter. What the F is that?

Now, between the both of them, they never once mentioned the fact that Campo, hulme and Wiggins all dropped out before the game. On top of that, Ratten has retired which leaves Carlton with one normal on baller which is Kouta. hickmott retired as well. Whitnall is injured as is Angwin who was doing well for us. We still have Norman out who was becoming a good young defender like Thorntan is. Corey McKernan was also out who could have offered something more in the ruck not to mention upfront. Fevola had to take on three players everytime and did well i thought. Micky spastic Martyn could have been of some use just for strength and experience down back.

but not once, did either of these tip-rats mention that. they both acted like that was Carlton's full team and that they were pathetic.

what i would like to know is why these two tossers dont talk about their own teams. what is Melbournes excuse for being hopeless?? they never got draft picks taken away or a million dollar fine. they didnt have players retire and they never really got so many key injuries like carlton have.

Or what about Hawthorn?? why doesnt Dermie talk about how the players worry about their bodies and looks more than their football. they have been rebuilding for a decade and still cant make the finals.

It was an absolute disgrace hearing those two, especially Dermie, criticise Carlton so badly without mentioning any other factors at all.

i dont know about others here who watch the footy, but i have noticed that if calrton miss players or h\get injuries, no one cares of mentions that, but if Collingwood or another team is missing one player, they make sure everyone its informed about it.

those two seriously need to pinch themselves a few times. And as for Dermie, who thinks he is a football guru, maybe he should prove his true worth by coaching an AFL team. He thinks he is good enough to anyway...why not prove! Lyon will be coaching Melbourne, well, i believe anyway...so we'll see what he has to offer as well.

in addition, Eddie is the only one who doesnt criticise and gives the facts. Thank-god h eis on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2003, 09:59
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by CUG
what i would like to know is why these two tossers dont talk about their own teams. what is Melbournes excuse for being hopeless?? they never got draft picks taken away or a million dollar fine. they didnt have players retire and they never really got so many key injuries like carlton have.
Maybe not this year, but in the last 5 years we have had draft picks taken away, we have had key players retiring and we have had injuries to key players.

Houston Crab is a great commentator.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 04:36 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

No doubt Houston crab is a good commentator, and believe it or not, i actually ike the guy.

but it does upset me when he does some ridiculous votes.

in the end, melbourne hasnt got 13 players under the age of 22, and no other club has ever gone through what carlton has this year.

i'm glad you dont disagree with me on Dermie, because i'd flip if anyone liked him.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 15:06
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
18 Bell
18 Rivers
19 Fisher
19 Smith
19 Armstrong
19 Hunter
19 Carson
19 Molan
19 Rogers
20 Breese
20 Walsh
20 Miller
20 Jamar
21 Jolly
21 Ferguson
22 Broadbridge
22 Carroll
22 Clark
22 Lamb
22 Poyas

20 players that are aged 22 or under, out of a total of 44. And I think you will find that we have only 1 player over 27, so we have a fairly young list too.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 11:33 Thread Starter
CUG
Legend

and your telling me that 14 of those players are on the field at the same time.

also, have 2 experienced senior players retired during the season. calrton were also missing hulme, campo and wiggins not forgetting lance whitnall and mckernan.

i think you can start undertsand Pagans dilemmas.

no doubt, Melbourne has a young side also, but they are not in the same situation as carlton is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in