Which player is the most valueable in the AFL? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2003, 14:59 Thread Starter
International

Which player is the most valueable in the AFL?

Which player in the AFL do you think is most valueable, by valueable, I dont mean the best, but I mean, a player who is of a very rare breed, absolutely indispensible for his team and simply irreplaceable.

Thoughts ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2003, 16:24
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
It's too hard to do it in a whole league sense IMO - the best way to judge this kind of question would be club by club as players who may not necessarily make top 10 or even top 50 lists in an entire league sense may be vitally important to their club's success and development, if you get me.

Similar to a barometer of the club's success... if these players aren't on board or in form the team is far less potent than if they are fit and in form.

Therefore:

Adelaide - Andrew McLeod
Brisbane - Michael Voss
Carlton - Anthony Koutoufides
Collingwood - Anthony Rocca
Essendon - James Hird
Fremantle - Peter Bell
Geelong - Stephen King
Hawthorn - Shane Crawford
Melbourne - Jeff White
North Melbourne - Adam Simpson
Port Adelaide - Warren Tredrea
Richmond - Matthew Richardson
St. Kilda - Aaron Hamill
Sydney - Adam Goodes
Western Bulldogs - Scott West
West Coast - Michael Gardiner

What do you reckon?

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 07:34
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
David Neitz for Melbourne, by far. Jeff White can be adequately replaced by Darren Jolly. I think Luke Darcy for the Western Bulldogs is their most important player. Collingwood have showed that they can win without Nathan Buckley these days, but a few years back they were gone without him. At the moment I'd say if Chris Tarrant wasn't firing, then either would the Pies. But Anthony Rocca would greatly impact the team and his poor form reflects Collingwoods form this year.

It's hard to differentiate between the best player talent wise and the most important player, value wise. But I'd have to say at the moment, the one player that impacts his team the most is David Neitz. If he doesn't score, then no-one does and we lose. He is definately our most important player by far and he 9/10 plays a key part in our wins.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 12:23
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
first up dt, its not M.Richo for richmond but the much maligned W.Cambell, without a shadow of a doubt, the last 6 weeks go a long way in proving this, when he played a quarter over in the west we were 14 points up in the first term, sure its only the beginning of the game but as soon as he limped off the weagles started to run amok and blew us away, we were half a chance!

as to the original question: its easy

one M.VOSS!

at essendon i think fletcher is more valuable than hird

i agfree with every1 else
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2003, 11:34
Premier Player

Teams: AS Roma, Blackburn, QLD Roar & Italy
i think james hird is the most valuable player

C Z F'n W
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2003, 17:19
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerTUFF
at essendon i think fletcher is more valuable than hird
He's Essendon's answer to Joel Bowden

Everyone outside the club thinks he's a gun, but at Essendon many fans say (and I quote) "he's the dumbest football brain in the league."

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in