Who is the number one Victorian contender ? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2003, 08:58 Thread Starter
International

Who is the number one Victorian contender ?

Since the interstate clubs have really dominated the Afl this season, all us Vic's are barracking for the the Big V.

Since there is three clubs in contention for the finals, Collingwood, Kangas and Essendon.

I think Essendon and Collingwood are real sleepers, they can really take the finals by storm with their deep lists and experienced players and coaches. As for the kangas, I cannot see them making it past the first round.

I really think, we, Essendon. without bias. Are the club that can put up a real challenge, if they can get Hirdy and Fletch playing till the end of season without much injuries. I think their options up foward with Lloydy, Cupido, Lucas and Hird. Along with Fletch, Jacobs, Wellman and Solly down back. And a midfield with alot of talent, with JJ, MJ, Joey, Pev (who is gaining form), and Ramma coming back from injury, I think they just gotta catch some form.
Theyve showed against Collingwood and West Coast that they can beat a team on their day.

As for Collingwood, well, I think they need Rocca and Tarrant to create a saprk, theyve been been a bit dull, they are a bit too reliant on Bucks, cannot doubt that. But they have experience from last year, and have alot of talented players, with Malthouse having a few tricks up his sleeve, I think they might spring a surprise.

Opinions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2003, 14:26
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Collingwood, followed by Essendon. Without going into details, i think the Bombers have lost the spark that they had from a couple of years ago but are still strong nevertheless. The Pies are fresher and are coming off the back of a GF. Their only sleeping at the moment, like you said and on their day they can beat anyone.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in